Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Curving IA's damage increase

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Curving IA's damage increase
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/26/2013 14:53:04   
Warmaker04

I have an idea.. Increase the cooldown of the special infernal bot attack by 1 ( 4 turns instead 3 ) and make it reusable...
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
8/26/2013 15:01:03   
ED Divine Darkness

kinda said that. but make it reset every use.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/26/2013 15:04:02   
Ranloth
Banned

Warmaker, Devs have already said no to that because it'd be a stronger version of Gamma Bot. That's not how balance should work - where same type of item is stronger for no reason - as well as being a carbon copy of Gamma Bot.
AQ Epic  Post #: 28
8/26/2013 16:56:13   
Warmaker04

well then 5 turns cooldown... its fine i guess....... but some times i have feeling you post more in the forum than playing ED and thats not how ED and the forum would work... i battle all day in 1vs1 2vs2 and even jugg, day by day, and i really didnt saw you even once in these battle modes....... alright now do not off topic, and lets talk for the topic.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
8/26/2013 17:17:29   
Mother1

@ warmaker

I see the bot quite often among the masses. Most use it as either a game ender or with rage. Making the special multi use again will just make it were it is spammed during every rage like it was originally.
Epic  Post #: 30
8/26/2013 17:48:44   
Warmaker04

Thats right... the bot is not bad. What about pyro fly? nobody uses that bot, we all forgot it
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
8/26/2013 18:12:18   
Mother1

The Pyro fly is rare unlike the infernal android so only a set number of people have it. The same can be said of the azreal's borg, gamma bot, bio borg and the Golden yeti. Not to mention there are so many other bots out there that these are that these are forgotten.

But I do see the pyro fly and the gamma bot every so often. it is rare for me to see the azreal's borg and bio borg the first because there an aux that does the same thing and there are better bots. and the other people find useless.
Epic  Post #: 32
8/26/2013 23:25:45   
  Exploding Penguin

Azrael's borg is arguably also pretty OP, especially with how strong debuffs are these days and the fact that the only true viable counter to debuffs are buffs. But no one complains about Azrael's Borg because few people have it, and even less use it in battle regularly.
Epic  Post #: 33
8/27/2013 0:31:19   
Dual Thrusters

LOL if this happens, when a match has lasted long enough IA could be getting 100% extra damage every turn.

< Message edited by Dual Thrusters -- 8/27/2013 0:32:56 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
8/27/2013 0:39:44   
Mother1

@ exploding

There is also the assault bot that can counter the azreal's borg as well. If I took your buff after I debuffed you, you can use cleanse to remove 65% of the debuff. Even if you think it is weak this bot is still a counter to the azreal's borg and visa versa.
Epic  Post #: 35
8/27/2013 0:47:37   
Dual Thrusters

Well one of them is rare. And that is only 1 counter.

< Message edited by Dual Thrusters -- 8/27/2013 0:50:41 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/27/2013 12:09:52   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

@ exploding

There is also the assault bot that can counter the azreal's borg as well. If I took your buff after I debuffed you, you can use cleanse to remove 65% of the debuff. Even if you think it is weak this bot is still a counter to the azreal's borg and visa versa.

Azarel's borg does damage and gives rage. While it is also rare this does not compensate for this great advantage over the assault bots.
Epic  Post #: 37
8/27/2013 12:25:19   
Mother1

@ exploding

I was bringing up that the assault bot can be used to counter debuffs as well as using buffs themselves.

As for the Advantage you are talking about the reason for that is simple. Azreal's borg works just like a debuff while the assault bot works as a buff. Meaning that buffs don't give damage or rage while debuffs give damage and rage.
Epic  Post #: 38
8/27/2013 19:51:15   
Dual Thrusters

Opponent: Debuff (attack)
You: Buff (no attack)
Opponent: Azreal (attack with aux or bot)
You : Assault Bot (no attack)
Opponent: whatever nuke they have
You: Field Medic (no attack)
Opponent: rage something
You: generator (no attack)
Opponent: gun
You: attack (finally!)

Offense has too much of an advantage :/
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
8/28/2013 12:05:32   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

As for the Advantage you are talking about the reason for that is simple. Azreal's borg works just like a debuff while the assault bot works as a buff. Meaning that buffs don't give damage or rage while debuffs give damage and rage.

Defense matrix and energy shield compensate for debuffs because they typically have less energy cost and return more than the debuffed defense/resistance.

Technician and reflex boost either have added effects or cost very little EP for strong boosts, and they both last 1 turn longer.

Azrael and assault are equal at 65%, but the actual skill debuffs/buffs are not; the debuffs deal damage and give rage, but the buffs typically cost less energy to use and compensate for more than what was actually debuffed, whereas the assault bot only equals azrael's effects.
Epic  Post #: 40
8/28/2013 13:35:38   
ED Divine Darkness

quote:

I see the bot quite often among the masses. Most use it as either a game ender or with rage. Making the special multi use again will just make it were it is spammed during every rage like it was originally.

hmm? every 2 rages you mean? i normally charge it to 14 turns. i get rage every 7 turns normally.
and if it is resetted every use it will take 24 turns to get 2 powerful uses out of it( not just 100% damage).

battles arent normally 28 turns.

quote:

Opponent: Debuff (attack)
You: Buff (no attack)
Opponent: Azreal (attack with aux or bot)
You : Assault Bot (no attack)
Opponent: whatever nuke they have
You: Field Medic (no attack)
Opponent: rage something
You: generator (no attack)
Opponent: gun
You: attack (finally!)

the problem isnt offensive builds, it is offensive builds with azrael to people who rely on strong shields. like a cyber with low defence(21-27) who has a level 4 matrix. while, passive armours counter azraels. i know ur build is good (cos ive seen it) but the best way to beat azraels is using a class with passive armours, using a yeti then shielding ( with already tanky defences) or going with a more offensive build.

< Message edited by ED Divine Darkness -- 8/28/2013 13:40:34 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
8/28/2013 13:39:46   
Mother1

@ Ed divine

I remember mentioning this to another poster but even with a reset that won't help keep this bot in check if the laser is spammable. Everyone will just wait to rage and use the laser to blow a hole in their opponent for max effect.

This will overpower tank builds using this because they will make sure to stall the battle out as long as they can. Seen it done before and making the laser multi use again will bring this back. The bot finally has some sense of balance. Add a reset in exchange for making it reuseable will make this somewhat balanced bot overpowered once again.
Epic  Post #: 42
8/28/2013 13:44:04   
ED Divine Darkness

i know it is fine. and i get what you mean. i hate to admit, but you are right.

what could be done it giving it and 7 turn cooldown after 1 use and it doesnt stack in the time it is cooling down?

or maybe making it reach its max power 1.5 times as quick and buffing its max power by 10%?

< Message edited by ED Divine Darkness -- 8/28/2013 13:45:02 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Curving IA's damage increase
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition