Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

World Bosses

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> World Bosses
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/14/2013 10:45:54   
odsey

World bosses are like a normal bosses except they are harder and cannot be killed easily. There would be many 2vs1 battles to beat the bosses. These bosses would be like the delta vault, except that it would be a little bit harder. Rewards would be a cheevo for those who participate.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/14/2013 11:43:50   
King FrostLich

We have Exile Leader and Admin 10 that are already hard to beat even for a level 35. Not sure now when you mentioned Delta Vault because the way it's coded was it increases damage every turn so having a 2v1 boss like that would be overpowered like crazy. I think a boss that does low damage but has rage can be the most challenging of all.
Epic  Post #: 2
9/16/2013 5:24:52   
odsey

When I said like the Delta Vault, I did not mean the effects, only the hp. Well abilities maybe low damage but could rage like what you said.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/17/2013 12:00:24   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

This is certainly a good idea and one that we have played around with a few times. It is not something that is very easy to do, since it not only needs a lot of work to implement, but also to plan, since there would be the reward structure or something to give people a reason to battle them. The motivation needs to be there to battle a NPC like this, since if not careful, it could end up sat there with the health slipping down at an incredibly slow rate.

So yes, great idea, it's the implementation and planning that takes a lot of time to make it possible. Given the already packed schedule and releases that are being prioritised, the main thing is fitting such a thing in, so sadly no promises can be made on when/if we'll be seeing this.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/19/2013 19:51:18   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@Lycus

Achievments based on how much hp you deal take off of it. Maybe it resets when you kill it specifically for wars. For example:

In the dread plains war, Balious and implemented a security thing-er-majigger that makes a robot appear out of the ground or something. This is a boss we all need to work together to kill, he has 1,000,000 hp and when you deal 10,000 you get a cheevo. (Maybe more than 10k)

When it dies, another one takes it's place until the war is over. Maybe throw in the same amount of creds and exp you get when you lose, but dont make it a part of your battle ratio.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/20/2013 10:56:55   
odsey

One thing for sure, I don't want the bosses to be included in the records like chosen one said.

Maybe if possible add a new skills for the boss, so it won't felt that you are facing a player with skills and more health?

@Chosen One your idea is also good. So there would be tiered achievement for every damage that player deal. E.G: First tier: 1k damage, 2nd tier: 10k damage and so on.

@Lycus I agree with you. There should be a incentive/reward to fight the World Bosses. I don't know what would it be but achievement/cores would work. But not to OP of course.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/20/2013 16:31:13   
Cyber Dream

There should be a story line leading up to each boss individually in each world.It would make it more intresting.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/21/2013 5:09:19   
odsey

I agreed, a storyline could be good leading up to each World Bosses. But that would take much time to be make but if there is no storyline it would be boring. I got a idea that maybe seems weird but here it is:

There would be a timer set to kill the World bosses. It could be 1 month,2 month and etc. But it wouldn't be too long and to short. The faster we defeat the World boss, much more information would be available about the World bosses. However if the timer expire, there would be less information about the boss. Maybe the information could be used to defeat and find more information about future enemies. The information could even be vital to defeat enemies. So that way, the developers could make the mission while not being to busy. Any opinion?

< Message edited by odsey -- 9/21/2013 5:14:19 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> World Bosses
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition