Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Deflect/Block/Critical Needs to Be fixed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Deflect/Block/Critical Needs to Be fixed
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/26/2013 21:40:57   
RodregoZ

in omega phase theres lots of critical/block/deflect chances. which effects the other player by losing there hope in wining please fix this.

< Message edited by RodregoZ -- 9/26/2013 21:46:26 >
Post #: 1
9/26/2013 21:49:01   
Ranloth
Banned

And how should they fix it? Can you develop the idea a bit further, instead of - technically - ordering others around and fix something in an unknown way that may still not be good enough for you?

No, they aren't higher. There are cores that allow you to deflect/block/crit more. And you propose no solution on how to fix them nor why they need to be fixed except for people getting lucky. Back in old Balance Thread, luck complaints that were biased (i.e. "I lost because ___ deflected me twice") were not allowed.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
9/26/2013 21:51:00   
Mother1

Having trouble with these? There are anti luck cores (Cores that reduce the chances of these effects happening) If luck is bothering you why not use those? Nano tech steel, Aim assist, and lucky strike are just a few of the cores that help reduce these factors.

But on another note how would you suggest fixing this? Just saying it needs fixing without a proper solution isn't going get much done TBH.
Epic  Post #: 3
9/26/2013 21:53:24   
GearzHeadz

Because they make only a very tiny difference. I use anti-luck cores, doesn't help that much.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/26/2013 21:53:54   
RodregoZ

well they could reduce the chances by 5% of critical and deflection by 10% and Shadow art is way too overpowered they need to do somthing about that too.
Post #: 5
9/26/2013 21:57:29   
Ranloth
Banned

Then you need to reduce blocks too. Making deflections appear less often than blocks and being weaker than blocks makes no sense or whatsoever. In fact, people would complain MORE because chances would be lower and players would end up getting even more "lucky". Lowering %'s doesn't fix anything, altering the effects does.

Also, if you choose not to use anti-luck cores then it's your problem. Counters are available and it's up to the player whether they want to minimise it in every way possible or leave it as it is. Difference is small because it's a passive, therefore, always active and these cannot have a lot of power. Difference is small but if player gets very lucky, it's noticeable - even if it's 2 damage less, you may win with 1 HP left.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
9/26/2013 22:00:13   
Mother1

@ Rodregoz

They already nerfed crits twice before and they added nano tech steel last I rememeber.

Crits used to do ignore 50% of defenses and they were nerfed to ignoring 45% after the support abuse issue so crits were nerfed by 5%.Plus the extra damage added on by crits was changed from 4-9 to 3-7 depending on level.

As for Shadows arts when passives become actives it shadow arts won't be a problem anymore since it won't passively add to block chance.
Epic  Post #: 7
9/26/2013 22:11:22   
Rayman
Banned

Can I know how much dex do you have?

and How many tech you currently have ?
And whats your current class?

Shadows arts Overpowered? in my opinion it's the most useless passive ever.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 9/26/2013 22:12:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
9/26/2013 22:31:22   
  Exploding Penguin

Yet again I have to mention that there is no such thing as anti-luck, there is only luck. You are lucky to not have a lucky hit planted on you, or you are lucky for the opponent to not be lucky and block. It's a simple concept that there is only having good or poor luck, and that anti-luck is a nonexistant term used instead of an inverse for the common conception of luck.

Aim assist is logically a luck core too, it just focuses on an inverse of the common view of luck which relates to the opponent deflecting.

They may happen more often due to cores and such, but that's the way Omega is built and you can't really change it without removing the cores entirely. It really all comes down to opinion and people's own creativity on how to alter this current situation, or "problem".
Epic  Post #: 9
9/27/2013 5:25:47   
DarkDevil

quote:

Shadow art is way too overpowered they need to do somthing about that too.

10 skill points for 10% block (10% stun) and the need of 42 upport which means only focus 5 build would use it.

don't throw acusations without checking it , and it will go away with other passives so don't really put this up in here.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
9/27/2013 6:49:56   
ValkyrieKnight

At late block/deflect hasn't been an issue for me excluding the occasion block by someone with very low dex. What has been a problem and a painful one at that is the extreme rate of critical hits people do against me. My support is 37 which isn't that much less than a majority of players who sport 45 so there's no reason why I often have matches where people critical hit me at least twice. The rate of criticals is stupid high nowadays.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 9/27/2013 6:50:26 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
9/27/2013 9:56:19   
AQisFuN
Banned

It seems to me that you have made a forum account just to complain. There isn't any problem with blocks/crits/deflections. They just make the game less simple, that's all. And there are ways you can reduce the chances of happening, as mentioned before. Cores have it's purpose. Please use your head to think of a solution instead of complaining.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/27/2013 11:15:39   
King FrostLich

Block was nerfed several times, crit was nerfed 6 times total(with only a one time rebuff) and deflection never got nerfed with the exception of being moved to tech(buff/nerf). What they should do is lower deflection rate to 7% base chance capping at 20% but block getting a buff back to 10% base chance and caps at 50% or 60%.
Epic  Post #: 13
9/27/2013 13:30:18   
Orgaroth

Something weird that happens is the surgical crit that should be fixed if you dont know what i'm talking about,get your support to 21 then get surgical and go on any pvp and test,it crits even more than when you have higher support.
Post #: 14
9/27/2013 13:35:29   
Ranloth
Banned

Because Support raises the rate at which Crits appear... You can Crit at any amount since base chance is 2% IIRC. Your example with 21 Support doesn't help at all - what Support did enemy have, what was the difference, etc. There is no fixed range at which skills/attacks crit more than they should.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
9/27/2013 14:56:26   
Orgaroth

With low support you still crit with surgical on 5 focus ppl but with high support you barely get a crit with it
Post #: 16
9/27/2013 14:59:11   
Ranloth
Banned

That's probability. It proves nothing. Only because they have higher/lower Support, it doesn't mean they will always Crit more/less. The chance does go up/down but it doesn't mean the other person cannot Crit or whatever.

Anecdotal data is fine but facts are also needed, such as amount of Support you've had and their Support. But it's just probability. More Dex/Tech/Support doesn't mean the other person (with lower stat) cannot block/deflect/crit.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
9/27/2013 16:53:38   
Rayman
Banned

Block Doesn't need a nerf, it needs a +10% buff. Or just What King Frostlich Said.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Deflect/Block/Critical Needs to Be fixed
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition