Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

True way to achieve balance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> True way to achieve balance
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2013 22:03:38   
Cyber Dream

Instead of just nerfing, we should start buffing just as much as we nerf but not to the extent where we only have 2-3 round battles. We can relate this to a real life scale, on one side we have a nerfed build and on the other side we have a build that isnt that effective. The more we nerf the stronger the noneffective build we become and it will rise up causing us to be in the same situation we were in before. BUT, if we keep throwing in little buffs along with the nerfs then it would balance out.

I think this is the logic to bring into effect and we MUST consider looking into after the war is over.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/29/2013 23:15:58   
  Exploding Penguin

there should be no equilibrium of changes, only equilibrium of current state. This means that because we nerf something, we shouldn't have to buff something else, and that we should only buff/nerf those things that are overpowered/underpowered.
Epic  Post #: 2
9/30/2013 1:48:32   
Midnightsoul

True way = probably many ways
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/30/2013 5:25:27   
Cyber Dream

@Penguin
quote:

that we should only buff/nerf those things that are overpowered/underpowered.

Well everytime we nerf a build a underpowered build basically gets buffed. So this is kinda already happening
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/30/2013 9:38:10   
Wootz

Decrease the players ability to tank and everything would be fine. :p
Because of long duels people have to die in like 98% of the battles is the reason for quitting the game and not having fun. Fast paced ftw!
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/30/2013 9:38:10   
Dual Thrusters

There are more than 40 skills in the game, not counting cores. So if one is overpowered, we buff the other 39?

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/30/2013 9:43:09   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

If anything we need to nerf more so battles last longer and luck has less an effect on the outcome of a battle
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/30/2013 9:52:15   
Predator9657

^ Or give HP a big fat buff.
Epic  Post #: 8
9/30/2013 20:17:26   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Well everytime we nerf a build a underpowered build basically gets buffed. So this is kinda already happening

Because with Omega's changes it is much, much harder to balance things out with a simple buff/nerf. They staff basically made it more difficult by reducing the HP and overall stat point and damage scale, which leads to extreme cases where even a minor buff and overbuff, and a minor nerf can overnerf something.
Epic  Post #: 9
9/30/2013 20:51:23   
toopygoo

indeed. i agree with E.P. on this. the fact that omega provides such an extremist style of freedom in stat dispersion is why there is an easy imbalance between all classes. a few months ago i remember people complaining that BM was too UP, and TM was OP. now merc is UP and BM is the OP class, followed by bounty hunter.

I really wish there would be some more constraints on stat spending so such extremes are unattainable. of course this is impossible in this phase of the game, but that was why Delta fared so much better: the contraints on weapon stats (unless varium upgrades) ensured that people wouldnt often reach these inexplicable extremes.

AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/1/2013 6:09:09   
Cyber Dream

I think we need to bring back an enhancement system that is better than the one we have now and more fair than the one we had in delta. We just need more stats to work with, if we had more stats then they would be more different builds. Thats the way i see it
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
10/1/2013 13:24:36   
rayniedays56

quote:

^ Or give HP a big fat buff.

I second this.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
10/1/2013 20:43:37   
  Exploding Penguin

I third this.

Maybe not "buff" HP, but increase its scale, along with maybe damage scales too.
Epic  Post #: 13
10/1/2013 21:30:55   
toopygoo

i personally dont agree with this...
people will continute to invest in too things: strength and health. just by luck. chances of you getting blocked more times than not cannot reach 50% (unless against bounty)
same with deflections

as long as there is a 50% guarantee to hit, high enough strength with enough HP and HP regen will give them enough time to simply out-last even tanks due to rage, rage steal, pure luck, and unblockables. we should increase the minimum requirements for more skills as high as 42 like for hybrid armour, so they have to spend more on another stat to make it useful enough.

more stats would be fine, but they need more restrictions.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
10/1/2013 23:23:48   
  Exploding Penguin

Well, it's at a point where changing the scaling of a skill by 0.5 (the smallest logical amount) is still either too much or too little. Increasing the HP scale in general and damage outputs of all attacks including skills, auxiliary, bots, etc... would make these tiny changes easier to balance.
Epic  Post #: 15
10/2/2013 9:09:50   
kosmo

yes a little buff to hp it will healp us;
something like 0.4 or 0.5 more, that would be 2 points for 3 hp, probably this would solve some defensive issues, but im not sure so a several testing would be needed.
Epic  Post #: 16
10/2/2013 16:19:55   
Cyber Dream

I think hp should go back to the way it was in delta.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
10/2/2013 18:05:14   
toopygoo

well then we'd see some 25 strength builds with 150 hp. perhaps if they also re-instated the old agility stat, we'd get less strength builds. i'd like to see Agility returned ot the game quite a bit atually. that would decrease strength HP builds.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/2/2013 18:55:20   
Mother1

@ Toopygoo

The staff already said they wouldn't be putting back in agility. It was a bad band aid the problem at best, and the staff already admitted this.

It is because HP and defenses got nerfed that we have all these strength builds especially strength blood mage running around. while this build isn't a problem for some others it is a thorn in their side.

Epic  Post #: 19
10/2/2013 19:06:35   
toopygoo

i know they did, and i dont expect them too, but it was better than nothing, allowing tanks to deal bigger proportions of damage back to them, while having a deflection/block advantage.

i know strength builds are just a build as a tank, but the make me angry. they involve no thinking or strategy, they end up getting lucky half the time anyways (uncanny block or deflection against someone with superior stats) and have "strike" as their main move after a smoke.
im not saying its ok, but for a game made so intricate with different possible combinations and synergy, the fact that the most basic of ideas IS the most effective overall demeans the value of this game for me :?
it is a personal thing, so dont think that i want to include this in balance (im off topic) but thats how i feel about strength
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> True way to achieve balance
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition