Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Unfairness Level Adventage!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Unfairness Level Adventage!!!!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/15/2013 22:05:20   
toopygoo

i get that, dw.

i just want him to realize, that thats a change that has been mentioned so many times, and its never been implicated. its not his fault, or anyone elses that its a change the devs are interested in. "His voice" or not, he needs to grasp the concept that its not coming into play because it is an unnecessary change to "balance" and that there are other ways to fix this than just dereasing level ranges.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
10/15/2013 22:41:33   
lost with love

@ Mother1

1 Build advantage - ( I know how build works! have been playing ED for a while (3years) not saying that you haven't!

2 Who goes first- I'm a merc with 125+25 support so either i go first or someone with higher support does

3 How you use what you got as well as work with your partner- In 2 vs 2 , when ur up agaisnt both 35/36 , 50 % of the time, your partner will either left the game or The other 50 % is ofcourse : those 35 or 36 aren't that stupid(not even taking a risk) eventhou you're going all in for it!

4 luck factors- luck happens ofc, but hold on- were not talking about those 20/10% luck are we? the only percent of luck you will have is 1/2% out of 100 % agaist a 35/36 .

I can take some losses but unfairness ? most of the times? like 80% out of 100%? <- that is on another level.

IMO- in my opinium @ Wireclud1990 or @toopygoo was talking about a suggestion wich i would pretty much prefer or agree with: decress the lower lvl range for 2 out of 5(ofc in a full server or minium 600-900 people online) Trust me- facing off someone that is 3 lvl higher then you will make you more satisfied in losing + gives you more hope then facing of 5/6 lvls higher! <- this does not only benefits me but others aswell.

PS: sorry for my English
I'm learning "
Post #: 27
10/15/2013 22:48:02   
Mother1

@ lost with love

If you read Tooygoo posts you would see that he is actually against changing the level gap just because of a certain group of players. Main reason why I am against it is because your relief will as I said so many time punish another group of players.

If you haven't read the forums everyone doesn't want the same thing. The staff isn't going to put into play an idea that is going to punish one group of players just because of another group. A compromise is needed to make both sides and lowering the level gap will only make lower levels happy while punishing the higher levels who already have the smallest player pool in the game.

Epic  Post #: 28
10/15/2013 23:29:46   
lost with love

@ Mother1

I got your point but try aslo look at mine where i actually preferring that"only if the server is full or minimum 600-900"
i've been active pretty much latley and there are actually many 35&36 daily in 2 vs 2 except from those who's doing juggs.

Furtherless i guess this topic will be offtopic again so i'll stop from it here.
Ty for your replies,sharing & thoughts btw
Post #: 29
10/16/2013 17:57:24   
wireclub1990
Banned

First point I've played since early beta.

Second point change is essential you can't supposedly level the playing field between varium and non varium then leave the battle modes completely unbalanced

that's why people are leaving now they were promised fairness but instead what they've got essentially is all the stuff they paid for took off them or the promise of being able to stand up to a p2p player in a fair fight and found that that hasn't been the case at all . The field hasn't levelled at all in the other phases it didn't matter the game was dominated by people who wanted p2w free wins punching bags they all left obviously with omega. Whats left ? The people that consistently argued for a fair game which couldn't be any further from what we have .

That's why people are leaving

More broken promises

Final thing I'm speaking from my 35s perspective as well as my 28-31 I have many toons but I never play the ones other then the 35 after they hit 29 I mean who would very few .

< Message edited by wireclub1990 -- 10/16/2013 18:03:20 >
Post #: 30
10/16/2013 18:11:40   
toopygoo

@ wiredclub1990

your last post, was completely, how do i put this bluntly? incorrect.

the game will generate numbers when attacking and defending the same way regardless of how long you have been playing. your luck does not increase or decrease with time.

if you have been playing since beta like your post claims, then you would have noticed the 40+ balance changes introduced since the beginning of summer. and nearly 100 since last january. change is constant, it has only really changed in the last few weeks, when they decided that they aren't going to change anything until the war is over. these changes have been attempting to focus on balance changes, and if you have questinos on any of these, i highly suggest browing through some of the older threads in the balance section of this forum. i think there are still a few from when TM's had some OP caster builds. that is a great example of something which was changed drastically in the last few months out of balance.

Next:
quote:

that's why people are leaving now they were promised fairness but instead what they've got essentially is all the stuff they paid for took off them or the promise of being able to stand up to a p2p player in a fair fight and found that that hasn't been the case at all . The field hasn't levelled at all in the other phases it didn't matter the game was dominated by people who wanted p2w free wins punching bags they all left obviously with omega. Whats left ? The people that consistently argued for a fair game which couldn't be any further from what we have .

that's why people are leaving

first of off, this argument sounds like something intended for the general discussion section of the forum, not balance.
Also, you will find, that currently the % of Varium to nonVarium players has decreased. there are more active players now than ever with varium than before. this does not support your theory. people stay in this game because of old memories, friends, and nostalgia purposes, more than for "Balance" reasons, and even if its gets a little tricky sometimes, the playerbase will adapt to a new shift of balance as it always has.

you'll notice none of this has anything to actually do with level difference between players. thats because it actually doesnt. i guarantee that losing to someone 3 levels higher and losing to someone 5 levels higher, in 3 months of making the change you suggest will be synonymous: in other words. once this change has been implemented, people will be just as unhappy with losing to someone merely 3 levels higher as they are currently with 5, and they are going to use the EXACT SAME argument which you currently are. therefore, it makes more sense the leave the level difference as it is, because this will guarantee faster games even at 200 players, and we wouldnt have to revert to a 5 level difference in the case of an emergency, and gain more complaining members. the solution you suggest would create a feedback loop which would ultimately cause a severe downfall to the entirety of EpicDuel.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
10/16/2013 18:33:37   
toopygoo

well then why was in balance?

proof: i have eyes. i can cout the number of people with varium only weapons, and as someone who as actually particiapted in majority of this games phases i can recognize that yes, there are curerntly more people with varium, in contrast to those without, than ever before.

no one is forcing you to play. that is your choice, and good luck.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/23/2013 21:06:44   
AQisFuN
Banned

If the balance was fair in this game, I'd be winning 95% of the time. But no, I'm not..why?! Because the balance and matchmaking is terrible.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
10/23/2013 22:25:51   
ValkyrieKnight

quote:

If the balance was fair in this game, I'd be winning 95% of the time. But no, I'm not..why?! Because the balance and matchmaking is terrible.

Pretty much this, its impossible to 1v1 30 and above, just impossible. The option might as well be removed for 30 - 33 lawl.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 10/23/2013 22:26:15 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Unfairness Level Adventage!!!!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition