Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Paxia Ultimate Conquest thread 5 (New Game time)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> RE: Paxia Ultimate Conquest thread 5 (New Game time)
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/23/2013 14:02:02   
DigDog

quote:

Only the spaces that have changed hands need to be redone. As for using PNG format, I have got a version of the map saved in that for a default map but the rest I use JPG for to save space, PNG files tend to be bigger.

But is the saved space (which is really not that much, honestly) worth having to deal with all the blurring and inability to fill in spaces in one go?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 101
11/24/2013 4:24:50   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

I will give it a try and do a comparison but I haven't had that much trouble with blurring.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
11/24/2013 13:33:05   
DigDog

quote:

the filler doesn't work on the map so I need to slowly fill each in with the brush

This right there is the trouble you're having with blurring. If you start out with PNG and keep it PNG this won't happen and your filler will work.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 103
11/24/2013 15:44:02   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Ok I will give that a try this Monday, thanks for the tip I had no idea the reason the filler wasn't working was down to blurring..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
11/24/2013 18:46:46   
Lord Markov

Is there a cease-fire over Thanksgiving weekend?

Vampires Reign Supreme:
Besting the toughest Dracopyres and Demigods too.
Long Live Queen Safiria!
AQ  Post #: 105
11/24/2013 19:36:48   
tommy2468

If I had've known that there was a ceasefire I probably wouldn't have spent so much time at Paxia Defence :L

Sorry about that HP, didn't realize that it was Thanksgiving over in America :D Have a happy one anyway! :P
AQ  Post #: 106
11/24/2013 19:47:38   
Lord Markov

Lol no, its not Thanksgiving until this Thursday. I was asking if this coming weekend there would be a ceasefire. Currently there is no ceasefire, so you're time at Paxia Defense isn't wasted.
AQ  Post #: 107
11/25/2013 1:17:11   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Ok guys it is over for this weekend. Ending screenshot. Lets see how everyone did.

Geoto attacked B3 and B8 Dynami territory. Geoto lost 189 while Dynami gained 1201. Geoto's attack failed.
Dynami attacked B5, Geoto, and B6, Lucian, Dynami gained 1201 while Geoto lost 189 and Lucian lost 26. Dynami takes both areas.
Aerodu attacked B9 and B10, Dynami territory. Aerodu lost 49 while Dynami gained 1201, Aerodu's attack failed.
Lucian attacked B7, Dynami, Lucian lost 26 while Dynami gained 1201, Lucian's attack failed.
Glacius attacked A6, Nocturu, and A8, Geoto. Glacius gained 126, Nocturu lost 122, Geoto lost 189, Glacius takes A6 and A8.

A nasty week for Geoto, looks like the beast that is Dynami is truely back, map update will come soon.
As for a ceasefire for thanksgiving weekend I will consider it, please could you all let me know your views on the matter.

EDIT: Map updated, thank you once again for the tip Digdog, it taking a little extra space is not an issue with map updates this fast.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 11/25/2013 1:45:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
11/25/2013 4:30:01   
tommy2468

It's strange to see so much blue what with Glacius being one of the least active Clans :P

If there is to be a ceasefire next week I think that would be fair to those celebrating Thanksgiving :)

AQ  Post #: 109
11/25/2013 7:58:37   
Heroes of the Scape

Great job Dynami. You guys have returned with a bang.

As far as a ceasefire I am on the fence. Even though I celebrate Thanksgiving I want to be fair to those in other countries. We don't typically stop for holidays in other countries (not that I know about the holidays of other countries). I vote we keep going even though I will not be able to contribute much.
AQ  Post #: 110
11/25/2013 10:04:11   
tommy2468

I would presume that the majority of players and those actually participating in the PUC are from America, so if there was no ceasefire I don't think there would be much action anyway.

Most of the numbers going up and down from the Glacius side were my kills and that's just from one person. If next weekend there is no defence from most of the American players then it might be a little too unfair.

I'm happy with whatever takes place this week though :) I'm not sure I'll even have time to play this weekend anyway :(
AQ  Post #: 111
11/25/2013 12:34:08   
Lord Markov

Well if every week continues like this Lucian might just withdraw from the war. There's really no game in having Dynami steamroll to victory every round, simply because they can get half their clan to defend every weekend, and Lucian can't. And unfortunately there is really no way to change that without completely removing the ingame aspect and I doubt that people would want to do that, because then it basically does become a big game of Risk, with people all over the world and a much smaller map. There's no element of 'oh, am I gonna get a high enough score this week?' But anyway I have got better things to do with my time than trying to play a game that one clan is predestined to win because of their patriotism. At least two-thirds of Lucian is out for this weekend anyway, and possibly the remaining one-third as well, waiting to hear back from him.

< Message edited by High Paladin -- 11/25/2013 15:28:30 >
AQ  Post #: 112
11/25/2013 16:23:00   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

My view on skipping a weekend for a real life holiday in any country is quite simply to see how many people active in the PUC are affected by the holiday and whether it would be fair to all sides to fight that weekend. As for thanksgiving I am still divided as Dynami haven't posted a view, but it seems like it will have quite a large impact so it is worth considering, I will have a look in the previous thread to see if we allowed one last year.

EDIT: No we didn't have one last year but then again no one asked for one. Also High Paladin before you say there is no point in resisting you might want to look at the last game, Dynami were very strong for most of the game until they stated to collapse, ironically it was around 1 year ago; so don't write the game off yet.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 11/25/2013 16:32:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
11/25/2013 17:28:54   
Lord Markov

Any idea why Dynami weakened last year?
AQ  Post #: 114
11/25/2013 22:55:36   
DigDog

Dynami has no problem with a ceasefire over thanksgiving, go ahead if you want to.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 115
11/27/2013 13:08:10   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Ok based on what people have said I believe a one weekend ceasefire is appropriate. As for why Dynami weakened last year, in all honesty we have absolutely no idea.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
11/27/2013 13:10:36   
Lord Markov

Ok then. Thanks for the ceasefire though Oliver.
AQ  Post #: 117
11/30/2013 6:05:48   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

No problem, no one was against the idea and many of those playing the PUC would have been affected, so it was clearly the best choice. I hope you all use this time well as next weekend we are back to the regularly scheduled PUC round.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 118
12/5/2013 21:37:02   
Heroes of the Scape

Could get interesting this weekend with people testing out the new Armor set.
AQ  Post #: 119
12/6/2013 12:29:34   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

What new armor, the Z token package or the yet to be released Guardian dragon? Either way it seems unlikely to affect the results too greatly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 120
12/6/2013 21:10:23   
Heroes of the Scape

Z-Token Package. We are the only place with guaranteed high leveled Wind and Earth monsters. Not that big a deal in the end but could lead to more action.
AQ  Post #: 121
12/7/2013 1:05:27   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Alright guys the time has come, Starting screenshot. Good luck this weekend everyone lets give it our all to topple Dynami.

EDIT: No comments all weekend, a little disappointing. Still here is the ending screenshot.
This week Geoto attacked B3 and B8, Dynami territory. Geoto lost 57 while Dynami gained 456. Geoto's attack failed.
Lucian attacked B6 and B7, Dynami territory. Lucian lost 42 while Dynami gained 456. Lucian's attack failed.
Aerodu attacked B9 and B10, Dynami territory, Aerodu gained 279 but Dynami gained 456, Aerodu's attack failed.
Glacius chose not to attack anything.
Dynami did not send in any plans.

So no change to the map, Dynami's lack of a plan let us all off the hook.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 12/9/2013 1:14:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
12/9/2013 10:35:14   
Lord Markov

At this point I'm pretty grateful we got out with our hides intact to be frank. Still, at least the gap wasn't so large this time, we might be warming up to it.
AQ  Post #: 123
12/11/2013 13:23:43   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Dynami's biggest weakness has often been their inability or unwillingness to send in plans, the last PUC was the same where for periods of time no one would send in the plan for them.

EDIT: Remember everyone you still need to send in your plans.

EDIT2: Ok guys its that time again lets begin this weekends PUC, starting screenshot.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 12/14/2013 1:06:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
12/14/2013 12:22:33   
tommy2468

Wow, this seems easier than last week (even though we failed last week)! Dynami actually appear to be going down :L

Hopefully I didn't jinx that :L "Touches wood in hopes that that will un-jinx it"
AQ  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> RE: Paxia Ultimate Conquest thread 5 (New Game time)
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition