Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= November 8th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.38

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 8th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.38
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/8/2013 17:31:44   
beaststyles

Criticism:

Please comment on what you think of my suggestion, because at the moment adrenalin a waste of energy and turn. Whereas if you just strike you get some rage and also damage the opponent and hence defeating the purpose of the adrenalin skill since total damage is probably better without using it. Furthermore it can easily be countered by Chairman's fury where the opponent looses less energy but gains more rage:S

Suggestion for improvement:

At least Adrenalin can be made like bloodlust so that you will get % extra rage everytime that enemy is attacked just like bloodlust but for rage. In other words, u click adrenalin and it "strikes+marks" a player. For the next (x) turns this player is attacked, the attacker will get % bonus to rage like bloodlust. I like the way that bloodlust has been implemented, much more strategic specialy in 2v2. Implementing this to adrenalin would add much more strategy both in 1v1 and 2v2 in my opinion. I hope this is more constructive.

Thanks,

Beast.

Off-topic comment removed. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 11/8/2013 17:48:02 >
Post #: 26
11/8/2013 17:34:23   
Mother1

Now that I am looking at it, some of these new skills are also counters to the old ones.

Now Merc's adrenaline rush can counter rage stealing moves such as chairman's fury and surgical strike.

Tactical merc and Tech mage's battery move is now a counter to energy drains including static smash.

Bloodmage now has a second way to get back energy.

Also with this change Blood mage and Bounty hunter are the only classes that have any form of reroute in the form of reflex boost.

Epic  Post #: 27
11/8/2013 17:35:58   
nico0las

I don't want to be negative, but of all the balance choices that could be made, this is by far the single worst idea I've ever heard.
What I fail to grasp is why passives had to be removed. Bloodlust, Reroute, Deadly Aim, Plasma armor... none of these were overpowered.

Mineral and Plasma armor should both be based on a fixed number.
Aside from that, I can't think of anything constructive to say.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
11/8/2013 17:50:21   
Ankiseth

All the classes are different then what i like .. feels like a waste of varium now for me .. spent like 4--600 dollars on this game now i don't even want to play my chars I like the staff on this game but with this update i wish there was a refund system for some of us who've been playing/paying for years just to have everything we bought made useless

Post edited to remove unnecessary content. ~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 11/8/2013 17:57:06 >
Post #: 29
11/8/2013 17:53:24   
edwardvulture

@nicolas
Before this update, passives were required to win and most people put a huge amount of stat points in them, now there are no passives.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
11/8/2013 18:04:08   
nico0las

@Above Passives have existed since always. That's the way it's been and it was never a problem. If every class has passives, we're not exactly screwing ourselves over. Now...
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
11/8/2013 18:10:46   
Mother1

@ Nico0las

from what older players told me people were complaining about passives since Gamma. Talking about how they locked people into certain builds, and how they wanted them changed to active skills. From what I heard they couldn't change them back then since they didn't have the resources back then.
Epic  Post #: 32
11/8/2013 18:16:14   
King azwan

I log in... And I click on 2v2 as I always do when I log in now and then..

It tells me to check my stats before I go into battle.. So im like "huh? I dont remember changing my stats. Did I accidently click on stats change or did I get hacked...?"

I then click on the circle with my level and see my stats... all my stat points have been used... whats this? there appears to be some kind of mana booster icon where my re rout should be?

I then log in the forums... I decide to write down my reaction to this unprecedented release... and now I have one final question...

Can I have my reroute back please?
DF AQW  Post #: 33
11/8/2013 18:17:53   
nico0las

@mother1 I've been around since the first day of beta and I've never heard of this. I'm sure to some degree it's true and I understand why some people would feel that way (bounty hunter), but is it unbalanced? I don't really think so.

< Message edited by nico0las -- 11/8/2013 18:18:17 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/8/2013 18:29:49   
toopygoo

as a merc, i find the high cost of shield to be well priced, however, i dont think 4 turns is what is should amout too... they are no long passives if they have to be activated, however, casting it every 4 turns just isnt worth it. I might have to go to an offensive build, because the new rage skill is actually useful.. i like this update, however i really feel it caters to more pure offense builds, and agains, removes a defensive tactic, or atleast decreases its effect.
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
11/8/2013 18:30:52   
Predator9657

Wow. This update has exceeded expectations; it's just awesome! Build variety is much higher now - I'm gonna miss those passives, but I love the replacements.
Epic  Post #: 36
11/8/2013 18:46:09   
Noobatron x3000

* till everyone figures out that with the right support build you can now 2 hit KO anyone with less then 100 hp unless they have over 40 def/res.

(adrenaline is essential)

no more clues.

I feel this update was yet another poor choice the game decided to take the path of making offence stronger still and defence weaker then ever. What does this do ? Make battles slower and the younger generation playing the game happy which is great , Till they get bored of the off balance and lack of content go play something else this game made the decision to start leaning towards kids . Making the adults start to leave . The older community tend to stick by their games even after flawed decision after decision . The kids don't , This is why you have a game now with a rapidly declining population and a forum that is a ghost town .

Promoting more offence and making defence even weaker then it already was. Was a painful mistake.

That's what I think of this update .

If you don't wish to read all that I'll sum it up.

Epic fail "epic" duel

yet again *facepalm*

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 11/8/2013 18:56:26 >
Post #: 37
11/8/2013 18:51:13   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

With this release, it paves the way for true build diversity with so many options that were never before available in previous stages of EpicDuel.

Since the release of cores and specials, the popularity of sword builds became quite easy to build around. Using few class tree skills and supplement everything else through cores, specials and bots for very little sacrifice of turns or energy made the aspect of strategic play nearly non-exsistent. The redundancy of simple formula builds only cater to a certain demographics while players whom try to create strategic long-term scope builds truly struggled.

EpicDuel gameplay should have ability for all styles of play to compete.

In the long-term, people will enjoy the battles, and lastly, you might actually remember whom you battled in a well thought out match. Continue to test, evolve and hopefully we can create some awesome build-masters and a new generation of competitive rivalries will be born.

Take Care
~JZaanu

AQW Epic  Post #: 38
11/8/2013 18:59:32   
martinsen5

As a Bounty Hunter, I get the feeling I have too many skill points now? I take it the change of passive skills was meant to create more build diversity, but as a Bounty Hunter I currently have too many skill points in proportion to how much EP a BH usually has. Kinda forces you to invest in skills you normally wouldn't need, rather than investing too many points in Shadow Arts/Mark of Blood as your EP is too low. Overall I like the update, however it's gonna take a while to get used to this
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
11/8/2013 19:01:02   
Scyze

You don't take into consideration of how some people enjoy the game. Some players love the update and think it's made EpicDuel more balanced. It doesn't matter how much money you've spent on EpicDuel. You can spend $20000 on a new car and in 15 years, is the car going to be the same?

If you absolutely hate the update, don't sit there complaining. Explain why you don't like it and suggest on how to make the game better. Please remember that the Developers how that the changes aren't spot on so there might be changes next week.

And yes this update was unprecedented. But so was Juggernaut or when Cores first came around.

Removed unnecessary content. ~Eukara Vox, AE Forum Administration

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 11/8/2013 19:37:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
11/8/2013 19:07:59   
Predator9657

quote:

And it hasn't picked up since omega....

And its not going to now I guarantee it .

Wanna bet? This update just added a whole lot of diversity into ED.
Epic  Post #: 41
11/8/2013 19:12:26   
Ranloth
Banned

Devs wouldn't change something just to lose more players. But of course you must take one step back to move forward. Some changes will result in consequences and not everyone will like it, but in the long run, it may end up having much better result. Short-term, maybe not.

You have to make a sacrifice in order to gain something. And results won't always be apparent immediatelly.
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
11/8/2013 19:18:57   
Wootz

Has anyone managed to deafeat Nightwraith yet?
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
11/8/2013 19:25:49   
Jekyll

Wait why does NW still have bloodlust?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
11/8/2013 19:26:52   
Mother1

I haven't and this update made NPC overpowered imo. Since the players received a nerf in a sense the NPC get an indirect buff in the process. They need to be toned down so they are actually still a challenge but also beatable.
Epic  Post #: 45
11/8/2013 19:38:38   
Jekyll

Frankly, NW is impossible to win on a TLM. Even with 35-42 Defense, his stun grenade still does 16-20 damage. Top that off with Bloodlust (passive HP gain), you can forget about beating him.

By the time I'm done defending his attacks, he would have regained full HP through Bloodlust, and my HP will be at around 60%. Seriously, remove his Bloodlustto even the playing field - it gains him around 9 HP per turn on someone with 35-42 Defense and 25-30+10 Resistance.

Oh, and cheapshot does around 27 damage (5-10-12) on my Defense too.

< Message edited by Jekyll -- 11/8/2013 19:44:41 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
11/8/2013 19:45:15   
AQisFuN
Banned

All the classes have been hit in this release, but right now, Bounty Hunters are the ones that have been hit the most. With that huge cost on Mark of Blood and that cost on Shadow Arts, it's impossible to use even 1 skill and all your active skill cores. And I just switched to a bounty -_-.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
11/8/2013 19:46:09   
Jekyll

In the space of a few hours, the game has become virtually unplayable.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
11/8/2013 19:46:17   
Ranloth
Banned

^ You could say the same about BMs. We've also had BloodLust, but Deadly Aim was another skill which was replaced - although its replacement is quite good, it's just a pain to get adjusted to it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 49
11/8/2013 19:50:33   
The Evil Bigmac

I just want to say so far that the update for the characters is horrible. You guys need to put it back to the way it used to be because these new cores and armor change has really messed up the game so far and it makes it stupid now.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 8th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.38
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition