Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= November 8th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.38

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 8th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.38
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/8/2013 19:53:12   
Jekyll

The game needs to be fixed asap. I'm doing minimal damage on NPCs, they are unleashing tons of damage on my tank build.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 51
11/8/2013 19:55:11   
edwardvulture

Its alright if nobody beats nightwraith for the key. They're all the same weps from last year. His arcade, however..
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 52
11/8/2013 19:55:26   
martinsen5

@AQisFuN, Exactly why you should only go with either SA or MoB, not both. It's far too expensive and it would take you 3 turns in total to use SA, Smoke Screen and MoB in one battle. I currently use Smoke Screen, followed by Mark of Blood which both deals damage along with its' healing effect starting immediately. Play around with different combinations and you'll find something that works, I just did.
AQW Epic  Post #: 53
11/8/2013 20:02:00   
Buffy A. Summers

I'm A Big Fan Of Change And Keeping Things Dynamic.

BUT... This (The Removal Of Passives) Was UNNECESSARY.

I've Been Playing Epicduel For Years. No One Complained About Passives Being A Problem.

For Long Time Players And Customers, The More You Go Away From The Things That Made The Game Enjoyable And Fun ... The Less Of A Fan/Player Base The Game Will Have Moving Forward.

"If It Isn't Broke, Don't Fix It."

Well, To Me And Most Others, Passives Weren't Broken In Anyway.

Was The Intent To Fix Balance At The Cost Of Revamping The Entire Skill/Core Set Usage?

Seems Like A Way To Cover Up Prior Mistakes, Not To Improve On Something That Is Working.

~ Buffy

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 11/8/2013 20:05:40 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
11/8/2013 20:04:56   
martinsen5

@Buffy A. Summers, Well it's a thing now! Might as well get used to it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
11/8/2013 20:07:20   
Jekyll

Contrary to what we initially thought, some battles are taking incredibly long now.

< Message edited by Jekyll -- 11/8/2013 21:49:08 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 56
11/8/2013 20:12:05   
edwardvulture

I think the passives that converted cost way too much mp
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 57
11/8/2013 20:21:40   
lionblades

This passive to active thing was a big mistake. Jugg is literally ruined. The only reason I won before was due to BL which was basically 2 free heals to me and now its junk.
Average jugg ratio before update: 87%....Now after 15 battles: 46% lool -_-. Way to ruin jugg devs
AQW  Post #: 58
11/8/2013 21:58:05   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

As Rabblefroth mentioned, the game staff will be reviewing all gameplay aspects and will adjust them accordingly. Nothing is ruined, damaged or broken. Is it more challenging. It should be. Competing should not be easy nor formulated into a few selected build styles for non sacrifice play. Please do take time to be creative, enjoy, embrace and finally compete. View all your gameplay situations and where you feel a certain aspect needs to be addressed, do post it clearly with focused constructive details.

< Message edited by Elf Priest JZaanu -- 11/8/2013 21:59:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 59
11/8/2013 22:03:01   
Virtual Earthquake

I think this change is already destroying Epic Duel.
I am a TLM Tank, and my build was completely destroyed because of this. It was never overpowered, but since this change has happened, I have played 5 battles and lost all of them.
No one is gonna have a tank build anymore because Passives were key to defensive builds, which is like the only reason I played, it was fun to me.
Now all everyone is gonna see are Sup Mercs, Caster Mages and Str Blood Mages.
Pretty much every build is gonna be Glass Cannon-ish now.
Also, NPC's are officially OP, seriously. I battled Nightwraith 3 times (each time I died) and his lowest attack on me was 20 Damage, and the most damage I did to him was 85 total.
That needs to be changed, and I think the Devs should really rethink the whole Passives to Actives balance update, because they're gonna lose players. Fast.
Someone's just gonna find an "Over-powered" build and then the masses will copy it, and TA-DA!, we're back to where we started.
I think this change is definitely for the worse and I think it will be the fall of ED.
If it stays this bad or gets any worse, I plan on leaving quick.

Sincerely,
A once dedicated Epic Duelist
Post #: 60
11/8/2013 22:26:21   
toopygoo

HOLY MOLEY!!! you guys are vampires :O

ok, how about instead of flaming in a negative manner how now the game is broken, and undo, undo, undo, you open a new thread, and let them know your full opinion on HOW and WHY this negatively or positively affects the gameplay.. so many posts have i seen about how "broken "ED has become.

can your browser no longer run ED? oh wait nope. you seem to be fully aware of the situation, thus i am going to imagine that you have run the game, adn it is not actually broken. it may be imbalanced, or even easily abused, however, that is what this player base is, and has been for. to commute with the gods (devs) and tell them that their gift, we find unfair to the sacrifice we had lain before them, and ask them to send another winged horse, becasue those were so good the frist time (its a metaphor, let me be)

I'm not a huge fan of every change which has taken place, but i have attempted to let them see what i, as a daily player see, in order to make the aware of the changes which CAUSE the imbalance in the first place.

i get it guys, the new updates are a BIG change, and its nothing we cant ge though, however the solution isnt to proclaim that you have found something noe one else has: flaws. the solution is talking thourgh and AIDING the devs without experience so they can easily make the changes that are needed.

I think this update was actually much needed. It gives the whole game a shift, and this shift must be met with push in the opposite direction. Enery is at too high a price right now, and i think that is one of the updates we will see in the near future, either everyone's energy will increase, or all energy costs will decrease, in order to make skills and abilities still playable instead of just a beat-em up game. i like the new skills, but some tweaking would be nice to re-provide a sense of competitivity among different classes, rather than boosting those with energy over those without.
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
11/8/2013 23:24:46   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

First off, I would like to congratulate the contest winners on carving such amazing pumpkins and the players who had their suggestion items added in-game. I haven't seen all of the new weapons yet, so I don't have a personal favourite right now.

This update did completely destroy my previous build (as I am sure it did with many players' builds), but overall I really enjoyed these changes. From what I have currently experienced in battles, some passives have converted into much stronger active skills while the effectiveness of others do not justify their energy cost. As it has been stated before, I'm sure there will be adjustments done where necessary and I can't wait for that to happen.

I will admit, I was dreading this release the most out of any release because it completely changes many of the skills that we all know and love. I kept saying to myself to go into this release with an open mind and I'm glad I did. I currently see a lot of unique builds which incorporate these new skills in many different ways, and that results in much more enjoyable gameplay for me. Many of my battles are taking significantly longer, but a lot more strategy is involved and I really like that.

In summary, I think this release is an essential stepping stone in order to achieve balance in ED and I'm sure the staff will do a good job tweaking things when/where necessary.

On a lighter note, I sure wished I bought a lot more solar spears before this update since they now sell for 450 credits each. It's not every day you can make a 45000% profit, let alone this easily.

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 11/8/2013 23:29:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
11/8/2013 23:53:30   
Silver Sky Magician

I'll just like to say that CHs have become stupidly underpowered with this update. We literally only have one useful offensive skill, Malfunction, only one useful defensive skill, Defense Matrix, and only two useful support skills, EMP and Field Medic, the latter of which is universal to every class. All other skills take up too much EP, in exchange for limited benefit. And no, Static Charge is not a reliable source of energy, particularly when you compare it to every other EP-regaining skill in the game. It literally returns the least EP out of all those skills, including the new BM one.

Previously, CHs could pull through with tank/semi-tank builds due to Plasma Armour. Now, Plasma Armour is a joke. My Level 1 Defense Matrix provides more defense than my Level 10 Plasma Armour does resistance, for approximately 1/4 the EP cost. Plasma Armour has become worse than Blood Shield, for goodness' sake!

Look, devs, I'm all for a more vibrant game, and I've never complained prematurely about the passive change, despite predicting the current effects. But to what extent was balance really considered before this change? CHs are no longer competitively viable, and when an entire class is rendered unusable, something has to be done. At once. The level of CH viability now is lower than it has been for any class at any other stage.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 11/9/2013 5:24:17 >
Post #: 63
11/9/2013 1:27:56   
Pemberton

You forgot to remove passives from NPC -_-
Post #: 64
11/9/2013 1:31:16   
Dual Thrusters

@silversky

Cyber isn't all that bad. So far I've made 2 sweet builds that work in this update. But I do have to agree that multi-shot is pretty much pointless. And because Shadow arts doesn't grant a passive stun boost anymore, our already underpowered Plasma Grenades just got nerfed!

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
11/9/2013 1:42:01   
axell5

sorry to go of topic, but dual, could you pm me about the 2 builds you made? i made a build thats eh in 2v2
ONTOPIC: i have to agree that CH's got a massive nerf. Static charge at most gives you 10 HP with a lot of str, and SA and PA now cost 31-29 energy at max level, thats the base amount of energy(+3 points of energy) and do't forget we need other skills to battle not just these.....oh and while CH's were supposed to be tanky and slow killers, now only thing they can do is..... i have no idea
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 66
11/9/2013 2:41:07   
Jekyll

I really, really hate to say this, but 1v1 is almost unplayable for the TLM class right now.

1) The class-hoppin' TMs are running rampant with the Plasma-loop build.
2) TLMs do not have a single debuff at all (Merc and BMs have intimidate at the very least)
3) Battery doesn't even work properly.
4) The TLMs have no reliable source of damage. Mercs have bunker, TMs have plasma, etc.

In my opinion, the worst move of this update was to remove the passive armours from Merc, TLM and CH. Hybrid, Mineral and Plasma Armour were the "trademark" skill of these classes. These classes were primarily built and designed to be defensive classes, but now, honestly, they can neither attack nor defend reliably.

This is the pecking order of the classes: (the empty 2 and 3 are because TMs are so far ahead in terms of strength right now)

1) Tech Mage
2) -
3) -
4) Bloodmage
5) Mercenary
6) Bounty Hunter
7) Cyber Hunter
8) Tactical Mercenary

If anyone disagrees with me, please post it in a proper, cultured fashion so a flame war doesn't start.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
11/9/2013 2:45:40   
King FrostLich

Nightwraith's bloodlust is like 33% of the damage he hits. Might as well fix this.

quote:

On a lighter note, I sure wished I bought a lot more solar spears before this update since they now sell for 450 credits each. It's not every day you can make a 45000% profit, let alone this easily.

That's funny. Right now I have a total of 1205 and I wish I bought even more.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 11/9/2013 3:12:12 >
Epic  Post #: 68
11/9/2013 5:32:15   
Silver Sky Magician

@Dual Thrusters

You mentioned that you had made '2 sweet [CH] builds that work in this update'. I'm not asking you to share your builds, but could you describe how they work? I'm honestly quite skeptical that a CH can reach even 60% in 1v1 in the current game, particularly since it has no way of beating caster mages, save for insane luck. Unless you use the Botanical Borgs?
Post #: 69
11/9/2013 5:54:28   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The balance is not yet optimal and the staff is aware of that. But it is a first step into making the game more creative and balanced.
For those complaining passives were not un-balanced, take a look at the first post:
quote:

• All passive class skills have been reworked into active skills. The passive skills were by largely must-have skills, decreasing build diversity while adding little strategy to battles. The new actives now generally have uses in both 1v1 and 2v2 matches, and should provide more meaningful choices both during battle and while creating a new build. Because this is such a large change to every class, we will be closely monitoring balance and making adjustments accordingly.

• This was done to add more diversity in the game, to have people try out more builds rather then fixating on getting the passive and copy the rest from each other.
    People complained that there was not enough diversity, staff now gives it the chance.

As for certain skills nerfed indirectly, this was bound to happen. Give the staff time to go through everything and balance things out. I'm sure things get more balanced as things are going.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
    11/9/2013 6:14:43   
    Jekyll

We can't give them time, unfortunately. This is by far the WORST balance there has ever been in ED. There is absolutely no way around the new TM build, which is meant to last forever, with infinite energy supply and a reliable damage output. Every match against a TM is a 99.5% guaranteed loss as no class can match its combination of Assimilation-Battery-Plasma.

If the devs are truly serious about fixing balance, they will do so by releasing an immediate change to the TM skills by tomorrow. 1 week of this mass slaughter is not acceptable, for both paying and non-paying customers.

Until this issue is solved, I will be staying away from this game. Today, I have gotten around 40 losses in 80 games, which by my standards, is unbelievable. My usual win rate hovers from 75-80%, and here I am, losing to people who have win ratios of around 25-40% using the TM build.

I've said my piece, no matter the repercussions, I will only be back when a fix is rolled out. Thank you for reading.

Post edited. Check your inbox for more information. ~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 11/9/2013 6:41:20 >
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
    11/9/2013 6:16:43   
    Darkwing

mark of blood and shadow arts costs too much energy. Bh is like the only class now that can't gain energy, and there was also added a core energy requirements last update.

Post #: 72
    11/9/2013 6:55:27   
    martinsen5

@Darkwing, I agree, as a BH you have very limited energy compared to the other classes. Both cores and skills are dependent on a player's energy, therefore BHs' skills should cost less.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 73
    11/9/2013 7:17:41   
    Mother1

@ Oreb

I said this before and I will say it again.

You can add all the diversity you want in something, but is useless if no one wants to use it. People have to choose to be diverse in order to do it, and so far mostly everyone chooses winning over that.

This update nerfed more classes than anything to be honest. As a TM myself this had little to no affect on me however for other classes they were hit harder. All classes with Passive armors were hit harder than ever. It is now even harder for anyone to tank and due to energy costs being sky high for most if anything this destroy's diversity rather than help it.

The only class not strugging with energy would be Tech mage since the move that replaces reroute give up to 49 energy with the only cost of a 4 turn cool down, and assimalation which can be used to drain energy without fail unless your opponent doesn't have any. While my build took a nerf due to losing deadly aim, Caster Tech mage got a massive buff due to the battery move.

I am now seeing more casters in 1 vs 1 now and for this week I see them ruling 1 vs 1. My suggestion would be to nerf the battery move to give back 30 energy at the max.
    Epic  Post #: 74
    11/9/2013 7:31:54   
    Jekyll

Finally, someone gets my point. Thanks Mother1. Mercs, TLMs and CHs were built upon defense. Taking away their "star skill" is just a little short of deleting these three classes.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 75
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 8th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.38
    Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition