Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= November 8th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.38

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 8th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.38
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2013 4:42:29   
charwelly

Jekyll I believe it is extremely OP. Exept I have Mangaed to beat 2 out of like the 20 I have vsed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 126
11/10/2013 5:40:11   
Noobatron x3000

Thing is their are 2 builds in game at the minute

casters
and hardcore strength abuse

Both OP in their own way you either nerf both or nerf neither otherwise you are defeating the purpose of a balance update removing one giant to replace it with another that is clearly going to take its place.
Post #: 127
11/10/2013 5:51:11   
SouL Prisoner

Hmmm... So many skills/cores and all begging for energy... Now whom do i spend on, my "tiny" little amount of energy i have?? Either increase the amount of energy we have or reduce the energy requirement from skills/cores.

You can't really enjoy the battles any more. All you can do is choose 2-4 skills/cores that you "must" have to use it in battle. And the rest are just waste of all the creativity put in to create them. You just can't explore much with all the energy hungry skills/cores out there... All you can now do is depend more on your weapons...

The builds would be divided into 2 categories. The really quick ones and the ones that takes forever. Why quick?? Well, *whose gonna waste time on activating passive skills*??.. And why slow?? Well..... You obviously know it...

Well, that's my review about this "balance update"!

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 11/10/2013 5:56:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
11/10/2013 6:15:16   
axell5

to add on soul's post: All you can do is max the skills that don't need energy and do level 4-5 on 1 or 2 skills that use energy and rest just spill it up on rest
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 129
11/10/2013 6:31:40   
Jekyll

It's hilarious how when I use a Support TLM, I am instructed by Blue.Tiger to go and use a Caster Mage. When I use a Strength build, I am told to do the same by others.

Is ED all about Caster Mages now? That is sad.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 130
11/10/2013 7:10:23   
Scyze

You don't like this update because you guys cannot do what you could do in the past. It seems like we're all adapted into the same type of battles where passives dominated. Some passive Skills were stronger than others and now we all need to adapt - again. We all adapted into Omega from Delta and the feedback now is nearly the same as it was at the start of Omega. Yes this update has flaws, there is a dominant Class, but that doesn't mean battles can no longer be enjoyable. Find a way around this or wait until Friday for a balance update.

Every balance update does get criticized - sometimes the most. Caster Mages are a problem now and it's not the Class, it's their Skill: Battery Backup. Caster Tech Mages were a problem in Delta as well! With the correct equipment, you could get win ratios above 95% with over 250 wins. Only a few people used a Caster build and people didn't really call it OP.
This was the era when my perfect TLM build existed and I still had a problem with them.

Now all that needs to happen is balance in Skills. Rather than adding new content this week (and possibly the next), I would focus mainly on getting balance.

< Message edited by Scyze -- 11/10/2013 7:14:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 131
11/10/2013 7:39:28   
Ankiseth

Eh I liked the Old build for Bounty techmage and merc If there was a balance review to be made i would have a more diversity between tactmerc cyberhunter and bloodmage tactmerc im my oppinion was always nerfed compared to other classes CH i thought was good blood mage could have used a lil bit of change but as i said Diversity I think the Old classes were already perfect
I started playing about a week after alpha ended And I never heard complaints about the passives just some whining about supp builds and str builds which even now with this update is just going to become more pronounced
Post #: 132
11/10/2013 10:40:14   
SpelignErrir

I'm finding energy removal to be incredibly OP since almost all builds require skill use now - Max EMP grenade is only 19 cost and ruins almost any build besides caster mages. Casters still have to waste a battery thingy to start casting again, in which time I can use to gain the offensive momentum.
Post #: 133
11/11/2013 9:19:35   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I'd like to ask everyone to get back on-topic now. The Arcade is not part of these patch notes, so discussion of them is not needed here.
The Design Notes from 7th of November are good to discuss the new Arcade game.
All previous off-topic posts are hereby deleted. ~Therril Oreb
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 134
11/12/2013 12:09:22   
Ankiseth

Mineral Armor: Mineral Armor now increases the target's Defense by a percentage of their base Defense for 4 turns.

Plasma Armor: Plasma Armor now increases the target's Resistance by a percentage of their base Resistance for 4 turns.

What use are these skills if you try to use them after being debuffed by smoke or malf?
60% of 1-2 or 5-6 def is like what 1-3 points

< Message edited by Ankiseth -- 11/12/2013 12:10:12 >
Post #: 135
11/12/2013 12:39:49   
ValkyrieKnight

I don't understand anymore, this newest update seemed fine at the beginning, but its only made the game more annoying, every build has been taken to the extreme, either its all dex, all str, all tech(some dex) or all sup. I've seen people go all str/hp. With the lack of defense people have started running amuck with stat abusing builds.
AQW Epic  Post #: 136
11/12/2013 12:59:10   
Therril Oreb

If you feel that the diversity and build build-up is still not alright, feel free to discuss this here. Fixes and updates are of utmost important for a PvP game
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 137
11/12/2013 13:09:41   
Calogero

things that need a fix asap:

Tech Mage/TLM new Energy regain Skill
Merc's Static Smash
EMP
"Maybe" Assimilate, I mean what's the point in having a massive Energy regain AND an Energy Drainer/Regainer
How did the Balance team not See this flaw?

If these are ' fixed ' then I can live with the small energy regain they call Parasite whatever.
I don't like getting Bunker Busterd over and over again or getting hit by 2 Surgical Strikes
especialy considering I have to either sacrifice health over resistance or vica versa

@Valkyrie

I actualy, as Usual have a rather balanced build.
Tech - Support BloodMage which works rather well, if it weren't for all them TechMages and Mercs

< Message edited by Calogero -- 11/12/2013 13:11:18 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 138
11/12/2013 14:30:04   
HydroMonk

Oz , Bounty Hunters , Blood Lust , The Special Police , Shock Battalion , Delta 5 = Life
No tests for this skill .
Bring It Back
~peace~
Post #: 139
11/12/2013 17:05:46   
Noobatron x3000

Could stop abuse on a lot of stats by simply making every single skill scale by level rather then stat like field medic .

Of course this comes with draw backs.

-would make the already matchmaking system more broken then it already is.
-would be a major buff to strength builds.
Post #: 140
11/13/2013 16:42:01   
GodOfTechno

"All passive class skills have been reworked into active skills. The passive skills were by largely must-have skills, decreasing build diversity while adding little strategy to battles. The new actives now generally have uses in both 1v1 and 2v2 matches, and should provide more meaningful choices both during battle and while creating a new build. Because this is such a large change to every class, we will be closely monitoring balance and making adjustments accordingly." - game ruined
I don't understand how the passives had no use in 1v1 or 2v2. The point of the passive skills, you don't have to focus on using energy or waisting a turn using the ability. In 1v1 and 2v2 these abilities are expensive and will get you killed. Energy use on a maxed out one of these new abilities combined with 1 other maxed out skill costs anywhere between 60-80 energy and with all of the energy drain abilities and lack of energy gain use of these new abilities are useless and not worth skilling. Maybe if the energy requirement was nerfed or you increase hp/mp value per stat point it might even things out. Until then GodofTechno and TechnoMinion are gone. You ruined this game for me, good job.
Epic  Post #: 141
11/13/2013 17:32:30   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

From Nightwraith on Twitter:
quote:

This release will be the biggest skill balance overhaul in a long time. Lots of positive gameplay changes.

Based on you guy's feedback, there's indeed lots of balance changes coming up that are positive, such as adjustments to energy draining/gaining skills.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 142
11/13/2013 18:00:34   
Mother1

@ mecha

I have heard this a lot, but most of the time it sadly either fails to deliver and/or just put's another class/build on the top pedestal.
Epic  Post #: 143
11/13/2013 18:24:40   
Noobatron x3000

^ Clearly their going to nerf the mage and tlm skill tree.

And clearly the strength builds are just going to take their place again .

This is obvious.
Post #: 144
11/13/2013 18:26:31   
lionblades

^why tlm?
AQW  Post #: 145
11/13/2013 18:32:46   
Noobatron x3000

because to nerf battery its going to hit tlm even harder then mage they are already weak also took this from another thread it applies

quote:

The balance change wasn't a bad idea

If you gloss over the fact what actually happened to all intents and purposes was hammer the final nail in the tank builds coffin . Tanks are now extremely weak vs all out offence builds .

The only 2 builds really working at the minute are

1) casters
2) all out offence builds

By the next update casters will be nerfed into the ground probably completely un useable as per most balance updates. So all we will have left are all out offence builds.

Other then that this update to bring more diversity ! was great :)

This update hasn't created diversity its killed it even worse then it already was and the next one is going to make it so everyone is using strength its going to get worse still. I've seen it before it will happen again i'm generally right the staff cant afford to keep making mistake after mistake.
Post #: 146
11/13/2013 18:32:59   
Mother1

@lionblades

Battery backup is also on the TLM skill tree. When they nerf it for mages, TLM will get that same nerf.
Epic  Post #: 147
11/13/2013 18:39:59   
Therril Oreb

Going by Nightwraith's tweet, I doubt only nerfing battery will be happening. A lot of people posted a lot of feedback regarding the latest update, so expect a lot to happen. The staff wanted to give more diversity in the game, they won't stick to nerfing 1 skill just to have something else take the spot
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 148
11/13/2013 18:46:52   
Dual Thrusters

Who knows, maybe battery will only be nerfed for TM.

Remember how Bludgeon had a higher requirement for BMs than TMs?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 149
11/13/2013 19:56:51   
Pemberton

I just realized there will never be diversity in this game because this is a copycat game. Players see the stronger builds and they copy it so they can win more. Simple as that.
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 8th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.38
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition