Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Tech Mage Caster OP!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Tech Mage Caster OP!
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2013 14:33:03   
ReinVI

well bm's did lose a big part of there dps... deadly aim was what made them able to actually take out tanks since you know they don't have anything like smoke or malf to help with that...
Epic  Post #: 76
11/10/2013 14:49:35   
kittycat

BMs has lost their powers of gunfire so Energy Parasite is a good way for compensation, though nowhere as effective as Deadly Aim.
AQ MQ  Post #: 77
11/10/2013 15:15:18   
Elite Tuga

I'm GLAD some of you guys are aware that Tech Mages ain't OP. Like I said before in another thread is that this was a 'MISPERCEPTION' in the beginning of the last update, because some players couldn't live without their previous passives & saw T Mages slighlty buffed & thought they had no weaknesses, well that's untrue. Tech Mages like some of you know are struggling now against STR builds with very High Health & Tech & a skill tree skill like the following; Plasma cannon, berserker, massacre & surgical strike at level 7-10 with a good energy pool, like I have seen & lost by as a alleged 'Op Tech.'

Thus their shouldn't be a nerf for T-Mages unless its just deducting some energy points rather than 49 at lvl 36 maybe around 35-40.
Epic  Post #: 78
11/10/2013 15:26:09   
ED Divine Darkness

quote:

I like how these idiots who don't agree with me are probably defending there "OP" class

U mad bro? I am a friggin' merc and i pwn your idea of 'OP'. quit complaining, and make a counterbuild. seriously. not that hard. and stop calling people 'idiot' and names like that becasue they dont agree with your idea of 'OP' or saying 'OP' all the time. Its a forum, and people are meant to express their opinion. and you dont have to make fun of people for using their right.

quote:

@Civil

What are you talking about? Just Spam EMP and rage Static Charge. Battery is no match for EMP's 2 turn cooldown. Just make sure your EMP can drain at least 50 EP.

or just go str hp cyber with max malf and good dex. its not even funny, how people think TM caster is the OP build. it isnt!

quote:

rage still works best with constant attackers which is why strength builds can take on casters with defenses. you hit those builds with your high offense scoring moderate damage, and due to their defenses you get rage fast. When you get that rage they are screwed. Energy is only good if you can actually use it with your skills and a strength build's damage output and rage gain is stronger than an tank casters.

precisley what ive been trying to tell Sensei...

< Message edited by ED Divine Darkness -- 11/10/2013 15:30:17 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
11/10/2013 15:59:59   
Caspyin

So I just logged on my 31 TM after not playing it for like 3 months. Rebuilt it. And then beat a decked out lvl 36 CH, if you don't believe me. Ask SonOfpromise.

TM is so OP.

-Caspyin
Post #: 80
11/10/2013 17:59:45   
GearzHeadz

The reason that techie is OP is that the class has ways to counter everything. Improves tech for those malf'd shield for those smoked, regains energy at high amounts, drains and gains, high defenses also gives it high powered attack skills, heal cycling... I don't see how some of you don't see its OP atm.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 81
11/10/2013 18:02:39   
lionblades

quote:

some of you don't see its OP atm

Probably because they are TM themselves
AQW  Post #: 82
11/10/2013 18:06:55   
kittycat

I understand Tech Mage is considerably powerful, but there are ways to effectively counter act their strategies...
AQ MQ  Post #: 83
11/10/2013 18:08:00   
GearzHeadz

^I've noticed that too... Most people defending it are TMs...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 84
11/10/2013 18:23:48   
ED Divine Darkness

@above
most people defending bm were bm. that doesnt change the fact that it wasnt op. and im a merc. i can beat any tms(apart from glass cannon). your point is?...
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
11/10/2013 18:27:36   
GearzHeadz

That they are defending it out of bias. I thought it was quite clear what my point was. I'm not a bm and I defended that class too. The thing is about TM now, is that there is a way to make it near invulnerable.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 86
11/10/2013 18:30:15   
Mother1

@ Gearheadz

I am a tech mage right now, and I can tell you I am not overpowered. Caster mages were the ones who got buffed. Non caster mages however got nerfed. Deadly aim was a lot more useful with my build than fire scythe is even if the later does ignore defenses. Also Reroute was more useful to me then back up battery because I didn't have to use a turn to active it.

Plus because of these changes one of my bane builds (caster TM) got a major buff.

Before with reroute I had ways of controlling their energy flow. However with battery backup I lost that control. Plus assimilation isn't much of a help against them now since they can either assimilate me back or use battery back up.

As I stated before try using a non caster TM build before you go accusing TM as a whole of being overpowered. Please do so.
Epic  Post #: 87
11/10/2013 18:32:52   
GearzHeadz

I know your build Mother1, I've played you before, my char is Zyromancer, looks like an Exile soldier...

The fact that caster mages are so strong is what makes the class op atm, if you so chose, you could become a caster mage and be just as buffed up now.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 88
11/10/2013 18:38:38   
Mother1

@ Gearzheadz

If the class as a whole was overpowered then every single build would be supercharged and hard to beat not just casters.

That is the point I was trying to prove. Cause if TM as a whole was overpowered that would mean that my build would be able to own all builds unless I got unlucky which obviously isn't the case here.

Also you are right I could do that if I wanted but I myself don't jump on bandwagons just for wins.
Epic  Post #: 89
11/10/2013 18:42:05   
GearzHeadz

Ah, I had misunderstood you... But the fact is, there are some things that are too powerful about the class and needs to be nerfed.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 90
11/10/2013 19:45:05   
CivilAE

quote:

The reason that techie is OP is that the class has ways to counter everything.

Then it's not overpowered, because all classes are supposed to do this naturally to each-other (they don't) on their own. And what your missing or said counter can be the bane of your build. Cores and all the other stuff are supposed to cover or aid your build holes and perks.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 91
11/10/2013 20:13:35   
Pemberton

Why did mage get a weak skill Fire Scythe...and bloodmage get a super strong skill with energy leech???
BLOODmage should get Fire Scythe because they like blood...and MAGE should get energy leech because they are mage.
Post #: 92
11/10/2013 20:15:15   
Ranloth
Banned

Because TMs don't need 2 Energy draining and 3 Energy returning skills. Whilst BMs have plenty of offensive skills and had no EP draining nor returning skill. At the same time, TMs had almost no Physical attacks but Bludgeon, so this is an alternative + different effect.
AQ Epic  Post #: 93
11/10/2013 20:39:32   
Dual Thrusters

Fire Scythe is a pretty good defense breaker. It's also handy because it has no counters (well except for energy drainers).
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
11/10/2013 20:42:00   
GearzHeadz

@CivilAE, but the thing is, most classes DON'T have counters.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 95
11/10/2013 20:47:26   
DeathGuard

50% of energy stats at max lvl would fit for Battery Backup, which turns to be around 32 and not 47-49 energy regain. Regaining that amount of energy is still good, because they wouldn't receive so much energy with their caster/tank builds( Both TMs and TLMs).

e.g. X player has 63 initial energy, and he has max lvl Battery Back up, when he uses it, 50% of the 63 initial energy will be regained, meaning 31.5, which rounded would end at 32 energy regained. I think it is a good way to balance this skill, and makes it fair for the excessive regain of energy they get for it, taking in mind they still have assimilation to regain more energy.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 96
11/10/2013 20:52:10   
CivilAE

@Gearz And that's what they've been trying to fix, Passive to active is the first step, give it a little more time and hopefully not only will they differentiate the classes from each other with no clone, copy skills, they'll balance the skills so that EVERY class has a respective counter for EVERY skill each class are given naturally before the extra stuff comes into play. If they succeed in doing this there will be no problems or valid complaints about class matching since the player will already know what their build is missing and they can focus on the balance cores and bots instead.

Once this happens the class you play will all be a matter of personal playstyle or the role you want to play in 2v2. Not because that class is being overused or has the better power/skill synergy.

Actually from what I've seen, some classes already have the necessary counters, they're either to weak or the respective opposite is just a little more useful.

< Message edited by CivilAE -- 11/10/2013 20:53:59 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 97
11/10/2013 22:11:22   
DanniiBoiixD

Make battery backup cost health.
AQW Epic  Post #: 98
11/10/2013 22:55:06   
goldslayer1

All this arguing is pointless.
no matter what "solution" or "fix" you do, wont matter because more problems will arise.

the system itself is flawed, and you cant have class balance with an unbalanced system.
AQW Epic  Post #: 99
11/11/2013 2:49:32   
Pemberton

^And the imbalanced flaws is so easy to exploit with class jumping and build copying...so...
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Tech Mage Caster OP!
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition