Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Tech Mage Caster OP!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Tech Mage Caster OP!
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/11/2013 22:42:08   
ReinVI

gearz hunters also get a debuff as op as smoke a long with mark of blood which right now i'm seeing a lot of str builds ( copy paste str bm stats onto bh ) that just smoke, mob and then wail on you for 30+ per turn ...
Epic  Post #: 151
11/11/2013 22:43:09   
GearzHeadz

And your point? Techies have malf, which allows them to do the same, with 2 free ways to gain energy.
And CH has malf as well, can also gain energy back for free.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 152
11/11/2013 22:45:16   
ReinVI

but how many tech mages do you see using malf right now? none the only have a point in it so they can get assimilation. My point is with the amount of life gain that hunters can currently reach giving them energy back in some form would be a terrible mistake because if they could sit there looping out smokes/ mob's you would have a new build to worry about...
Epic  Post #: 153
11/11/2013 22:45:30   
DeathGuard

@Gearz: I'm a BH myself and I'm aware of that, but being sincere, with Generator, I manage to outlast my foes, reason why I have been doing so good lately unless I get critted or deflected every time I attack (which needs to be fix, formulas must be adjust again). I do lose but is because their build exploit my build's weakness. After all, PvP is all about exploiting your foe's weakness.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 154
11/11/2013 22:48:07   
GearzHeadz

@Rein BM half MoB, they can gain energy back as well.

Even with generator, the other classes have ways they can snag it all away. It just happens that techie is the best at this atm, and that's why this forum was brought up.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 155
11/11/2013 22:54:01   
ambien

if most the players thing battery backup is op. then what happens to the tlm that uses battery back for their replacement of reroute like tms reroute. if they nerf battery backup then they better nerf static smash for mers too. they steal more manna then battery backup.

or just gives us back reroute and kill battery back or make it a amore core so every one can have it and give it a cool of 4 some thing like azrael gun but make it cool down

always the syfy

Post #: 156
11/11/2013 23:22:56   
Mother1

@ reinvi

I actually use malfunction and I have mine at level 5 with my build.
Epic  Post #: 157
11/11/2013 23:24:23   
ReinVI

yeah but what doesn't BM have? a way to increase the amount of damage they do to people... MoB is complete crap on the bloodmage because they lost the damage boost from deadly and they have no way to increase any other damage types beyond spamming strength.
Epic  Post #: 158
11/11/2013 23:36:12   
Mother1

@ Reinvi

While they don't have a way to increase incoming damage they have the ability to decrease some of them in the form of intimidate.

Plus you forget TM also lost Deadly aim as well, which was also a blow for non caster mages. Not only that, but the move TM got for a replacement can't even sync with their debuff. It wouldn't be so bad if it was locked as energy, or the attack synced with your primary weapon, but sadly it is locked in as a physical attack.

In all honestly I think Bloodmage would have been better off with fire scythe.
Epic  Post #: 159
11/11/2013 23:38:53   
axell5

blodmage had enough physical attacks while TM had only 1 whihc was bludgeon
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 160
11/12/2013 3:37:15   
lampur1

uhh you just sayied (Eh, not really. The correct definition in a gaming environment for overpowered is to dominate over others with superior force/power.)
but if you say domination with superior force/power means that they can beat every1 with any build LOL
you still didnt make the point :3
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 161
11/12/2013 14:53:09   
Shajun Ki

^Praise the lord, someone who can think logically and has common sense.
Post #: 162
11/12/2013 17:26:10   
lionblades

^Yep good point, and Death's quote was just copy-pasted from Wikipedia without context which is why he does not make a point and contradicts himself lol
AQW  Post #: 163
11/13/2013 4:36:38   
ED Divine Darkness

quote:

yeah but what doesn't BM have? a way to increase the amount of damage they do to people... MoB is complete crap on the bloodmage because they lost the damage boost from deadly and they have no way to increase any other damage types beyond spamming strength.

it isnt 'crap'. there are certain builds that beat me( like Caspyin's str build) cos they exploit their strengths and go overkill. srsly, BM is like the best or one of the best str classes, still. and str is the op build right now. not tm tech spam.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 164
11/13/2013 11:16:25   
Noobatron x3000

^ Yup the only people that want casters nerfed are strength types because strength builds are vastly more powerful then casters and can beat just about anything now in a couple of turns but to beat a caster it takes more then 5 seconds so they want them nerfing.
Post #: 165
11/13/2013 12:29:29   
Mother1

@ Noobatron

I am a TM and even I want caster TM nerfed. Thanks to the new changes they made, Caster TM got a massive buff while non caster mages got a massive nerf. This update wasn't fair to the class.

Many players beat caster TM before because they could control their energy since reroute gave that power. However thanks to that happening Energy control through damage is no longer in the opponent's hands. That right there is a major buff for casters since that is what screwed them in the past. Plus the fact that battery back up can give massive amounts of energy at no cost only serves to help caster TM since they are tank like and can take damage where as most non caster Mages aren't tanks and this change hurts them.

I will admit caster was always a non caster's bane build. However, Non casters as I said if they were smart enough could win without luck near the end game if they player smart and kept control of their opponent's energy so they couldn't cast. However, now that that control is gone, and casters can get huge amounts of energy without fail, it is almost impossible for non caster mages to beat casters without luck, unless their opponent isn't bright.
Epic  Post #: 166
11/13/2013 12:34:39   
ED Divine Darkness

quote:

I will admit caster was always a non caster's bane build. However, Non casters as I said if they were smart enough could win without luck near the end game if they player smart and kept control of their opponent's energy so they couldn't cast. However, now that that control is gone, and casters can get huge amounts of energy without fail, it is almost impossible for non caster mages to beat casters without luck, unless their opponent isn't bright.

not true. my alt mage beats casters.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
11/13/2013 14:23:07   
ValkyrieKnight

This is more or less of an issue with annoyance, I have had similar success with multiple str/hp builds against annoying casters. While I do win 70/30 split against them, I find it unpleasant to play when I HAVE to use a specific build just because sheeps see TM being the strong class and immediately swap classes. This whole flocking to the strongest/stronger class whenever a update happens has really got me looking elsewhere.
AQW Epic  Post #: 168
11/13/2013 15:52:15   
Mother1

@ Valkyrieknight

and before this update the masses where jumping to Blood mage for it's strength build. But there are 2 reasons why people do that.

1 They want to win, and they will sacrifice playing the class/build they love to do it
2 They are sick of losing to said build and say "if I can't beat them join them.

But to be honest most people are using the strength high HP build because that is a counter to caster TM.
Epic  Post #: 169
11/13/2013 15:53:21   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Mother

But but but..........that is my build, I've been using that since I started, oh I miss em tankies.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 11/13/2013 15:54:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 170
11/13/2013 15:59:28   
Hellion Storm

I rarely use battery backup outside of stall fights. Assim, poison bot and lvl 2 plas bolt usually gives me what i need to work with to win. I switch to caster mage since min armor went away and i couldn't use my 50 def 47 resistance tlm build.
Epic  Post #: 171
11/16/2013 7:47:31   
shadeze

i agree.we lose a turn now.how is it better?
AQW Epic  Post #: 172
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Tech Mage Caster OP!
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition