Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= November 15th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.39

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 15th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.39
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/16/2013 2:13:33   
Scyze

The annoying thing now is that I keep getting blocked.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
11/16/2013 4:54:48   
Cookielord12

My HP/EP has not changed at all...

Never mind, I have to invest points into health apparently.

< Message edited by Cookielord12 -- 11/16/2013 4:58:58 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
11/16/2013 5:42:17   
beaststyles

@ Trans

R.e. Static Charge.

You may be forgetting a few key changes.

Although static charges energy regain has nearly doubled there have been a few more changes in this update apart from -2 damage:

Firstly the cooldown of static charge has been increased by 50% of what it was before. This itself decreases the effectiveness of the static charge buff by 50%.

Secondly defence has been buffed this update + malf has been nerfed (which most static charges rely upon for decent static smash) + offence has been lowered.

Hence my assertion that static charges buff has been cancelled out.
Post #: 53
11/16/2013 5:53:42   
charwelly

Saying cyber hunters are the worst class in the game is just plain wrong, I'm currently a tlm and have only beaten cyber hunters when in a 2v2, sure they have a bad skill tree but if they use the right moves they are almost impossible to beat. There is hardly any difference in the skills of a bh and a ch. There both hard to beat. The only down fall of a cyber hunter would be all of these OverPowered caster tech mages.
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
11/16/2013 7:41:32   
Thylek Shran

The removed animation effects feel strange. I would prefer
a bigger non animated status effect beside the small icons
because they are a bit difficult to see and to abstract.
Especially new players should have a problem with this.

As I wrote in Twitter I donīt understand why Smoke Screen
has a skull in the icon now. It looks nice but it is not logical.
It would make the same sense if there would be a banana
instead the Terminator skull.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 11/16/2013 7:46:29 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 55
11/16/2013 7:53:02   
Jekyll

There are too many skulls in ED... On weapons, in the arcade prizes, and now on skills?! Macabre!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 56
11/16/2013 7:55:22   
TRizZzCENTRINO

skulls are cool! atleast its better than having dragons everywhere....*points at AQW :P
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
11/16/2013 8:00:31   
kaiseryeux21

why not butterflies??

anyway, i lost 2 battles because i used static charge instead of aux or gun during rage. annoying but im sure i'll get used to it.

< Message edited by kaiseryeux21 -- 11/16/2013 8:01:37 >
DF Epic  Post #: 58
11/16/2013 8:50:45   
Thylek Shran

^
Butterflies work too.

quote:

here are too many skulls in ED... On weapons, in the arcade prizes, and now on skills?! Macabre!

Oh yes, I noticed that too. Someone must like skulls alot. Maybe Charfade has a dark secret ?

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 11/16/2013 8:52:23 >
DF Epic  Post #: 59
11/16/2013 9:39:24   
Pemberton

Why is there no halloween event in epicduel ?
Post #: 60
11/16/2013 10:54:15   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

^^Too late for that now lol.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 61
11/16/2013 11:15:28   
martinsen5

@Pemberton, Well the halloween missions did return, however there were no pumpkin themed auxes or anything the like this October. Don't think the devs had time for it, due to balance priorities.
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
11/16/2013 12:20:43   
Seteriel

That's another massive update :o

First impressions:

quote:

Bounty Hunter EMP Grenade has been replaced by Static Grenade
Has a base energy drain of 10-25
Steals 50% of energy drained
0 Energy cost, 3 turn cooldown
Gains +1 energy drain every 4.5 Tech

The gain on the grenade is not linear.
At 19 tech it is 14-29 energy drained. Rises +1 energy drained at:
23 tech
27 tech
+1 energy drained for +6 tech thereafter.

quote:

Toxic Grenade
Lowered energy cost from 15-33 to 10-28

I suggest to noticably weaken toxic grenade - when comparing it to venom strike: the grenade is unblockable, undeflectable, has no skill requirement, deals higher DoT and has a smaller cooldown. So far the only downside: it deals 15% less initial "strike" damage when comparing to the hunter skill.
Not sure, maybe adding an additional turn of cooldown to the grenade ?

quote:

Health per stat point has been increased to 1.25 from 1. Now every 4 stat points will give +5 Max Health.
Energy per stat point has been increased to 1.25 from 1. Now every 4 stat points will give +5 Max Energy

I would have hoped for a base increase instead of an increase of the per point investment. Will have to see how this works in battles.

I also hoped that the suggestion shop would return.

Overall a great update
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
11/16/2013 17:09:53   
Hun Kingq

Fireball needs improvement

Plasma Cannon needs either to take less energy to use or more damage/resistance ignore if kept at the same energy usage.

All energy stealing skills need to be the same at max because one class or classes should have a bette energy stealing skill than any other class on top of having a debuff skill that helps them increase their damage where a class having a debuff skill that only decreases a stat that other classes do not use because they get more benefits out of dex, tech, or support.

Plasma Rain and multi-shot still too weak for the amount of energy they use especially in 2v2.

Super charge still the weakiest ultimate skill of them all for the amount of energy required to use.

Still no new ultimate skills for the new classes as mentioned would happen many moons ago by staff, when will it happen?

The Blood Mages need a new skill to replace energy shield which helps the tech based skills so they would be more desirable to use especially when you get malfunction and due to more high tech builds because of the bots and skills that improves with tech.
Epic  Post #: 64
11/16/2013 20:23:08   
Thylek Shran

quote:

The Blood Mages need a new skill to replace energy shield which helps the tech based skills so they would be more desirable to use especially when you get malfunction and due to more high tech builds because of the bots and skills that improves with tech.

No, BM has Reflex Boost. So you can make a strong Multi/Overload build while TM is not that good with that.
BMs are meant to rely on dex while TMs rely on tech.
DF Epic  Post #: 65
11/16/2013 21:29:12   
goldslayer1

quote:

-Battle Duration Adjustments-
In general we feel that battles are ending a little too quickly, especially in 1v1. With so few turns available in the average fight, strategic options become limited, and certain events in battle such as critical strikes and blocks have a bit too much impact.

10 months..... thats how long it took the balance team to figure this out... when i had warned you of this 13 months ago before omega was released.
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
11/17/2013 0:31:15   
Jekyll

Right now my average battle takes 7-10 minutes, if the opponent has good strategy too. 37 credits for 10 minutes? Not worth playing so much, IMO.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
11/17/2013 6:26:01   
Calogero

So... does anyone know if Super Charge still doesn't stack with Mark of Blood and if not when they'll give BMs a new Ultimate skill which they've said forever ago?

Nope, no stacking it is

< Message edited by Calogero -- 11/17/2013 7:26:52 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
11/17/2013 9:23:09   
Seteriel

The devs said somewhere that life drainers were not intended to stack - and i think this is still justified.
New skills will come when they are done (i know this sounds stupid :| ) - with the massive balance updates during the past weeks finalizing work on these is more important imho than new skills :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 69
11/17/2013 10:38:35   
Stabilis

Finally I can sell the items that are not my preferred type (Physical, Energy).

By the way, good initiative on looking at all of the energy skills all at once. It is very enlightening to see a skill become an outlier to all the rest (like Battery backup).

Oh, never mind I cannot sell an Omega weapon.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 11/17/2013 11:07:43 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 70
11/17/2013 12:13:48   
Scyze

I am pleased that the Developers took the week to balance out the Classes. Hopefully, there will be a few changes this week too. Anyways, the latest update is making EpicDuel much better!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
11/17/2013 13:30:34   
Calogero

Ofcourse they wouldn't stack but it doesn't hurt to be certain ;)
also, BloodMage needing a new Ultimate skill is pretty much part of the balance because there are no benefits when it
comes to our Ultimate.

Bloodmages have one that does not benefit them at all, especialy seeing Blood Mark is at max 32% and Super Charge a mere 30% +20% resistance ignore.

I have yet to be able to make a build or see a build in which SuperCharge actualy helps on a BloodMage post Omega
and imo this is pretty balance related and important to be solved asap

< Message edited by Calogero -- 11/17/2013 13:33:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
11/17/2013 13:43:03   
axell5

it's the same as BH's ultimate which also doesn't stack with mark of blood and BH don't complain or want anything
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 73
11/17/2013 14:35:45   
MrBones

Well well. This is the biggest balance changes I have seen since I started playing this game. I would like to comment on many things and have your opinions as well.

I believe this update will affects players in many ways not noticeable right off the bat:

1) Longer battles means less wins per hours. So less credits farmed. This is a big nerf to free to play players. On that same train of thoughts, this means that it will be harder to get influence in the war to gain ranks, harder to become emperor, grand emperor etc. Who asked for longer 1vs1 fights ?? I for sure never complained about it and everybody I have been talking to ingame have the same opinion. I wonder where the devs got that idea. Players that want longer fights can go do 2vs2 or jug.

2) Jugg fights are now really hard, close to impossible. This will need adjustment for sure

3) Including in that new rebalance is another support nerf. I lost count on how many nerfs it as been since the last 2 years.

4) It seems to me that I am forced to play 5 focus builds and it's been so since Omega. I don't like how the game is now cornering me to do exactly as 'the plan'. I want quick fights, can't have them. I want a crazy spamming build with a good chance to win, can't have it. I want to quickly get win wins for upgrading (for free) some gear with credits, can't do it. I want lots of wins to raise my rank, forget about it. I want nice pairing in 2vs2 for an even match, stop dreaming.

5) I like the new artwork for the move icons.

Am I on the right track guys or just crazy.

Thanks
DBag
Epic  Post #: 74
11/17/2013 14:44:43   
Calogero

Since when doesn't Mass stack with Mark of Blood, Pretty sure it stacked with BloodLust.
And even so, There is still smoke to stack with or am I false?

< Message edited by Calogero -- 11/17/2013 14:49:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 15th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.39
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition