Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Static Grenade

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Static Grenade
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/17/2013 16:30:35   
Altador987

@kaierti1 what are your stats and classes i feel like you just need some suggestions to get you to enjoy the game again
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
11/17/2013 16:31:01   
Scyze

@GearzHeadz,
I don't know how people are getting Static Smash to drain that high. I can only drain a maximum of 32 when I put Static Smash at Level 10.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
11/17/2013 16:32:22   
GearzHeadz

@Scyze, it can increase with your weapons damage and strength. Invest more strength, and then you'll get more energy.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
11/17/2013 16:36:57   
Altador987

@Scyze (apparently i can just copy names lol duh) how is the hybrid, from what i saw it got a lot better at boosting both def and res at the same time and can then be put on a partner right, i havent used my merc in a while so i was curious
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
11/17/2013 16:39:01   
kaierti1
Banned

GearzHeadz,
it is not hybrid armor. its not passive skill. u must spend energy for use this. and that's why they got weaker. before update about hybrid armors... last times they were good. last passive skill 6 def 5 res was better then active skill u must use and spend 29 energy. weaker skill really. last one was awesome.

< Message edited by kaierti1 -- 11/17/2013 16:45:48 >
Post #: 30
11/17/2013 16:40:25   
GearzHeadz

@Kaierti1
Actually, it still is. It just costs energy now. But now it gives more protection then it did before.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 11/17/2013 16:41:09 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
11/17/2013 16:49:34   
DarkDevil

quote:

you just don't see a merc with maxed static smash and 100+ str

i don't think i have to quote myself again.
AQ Epic  Post #: 32
11/17/2013 16:52:28   
GearzHeadz

Actually, I have. They usually also have skills invested into their double strike and berserker. Really is an effective build, since they can use their gun for high damage that's a guaranteed hit.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
11/17/2013 16:54:39   
kaierti1
Banned

GearzHeadz,
there is big chance to block. and if will be block merc will 100% loss. so its not good idea. i will open tomorrow good topic for all classes
Post #: 34
11/17/2013 16:55:50   
GearzHeadz

@Kaierti1
Yes there is a chance, but just because there is a big chance doesn't man you shouldn't take it. How many times has a low dex mage tried to bludgeon you?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
11/17/2013 17:10:20   
AQWorldsFarmer

I'm a Bounty Hunter and I agree it is a bit overpowered. But your all going about it the wrong way, the problem isn't the regain, its the amount taken.

Here's what I suggest: Right now my Static Grenade takes 45 at max and gives 23 (50% rounded up)

Instead, make it take 20 and regain 30 at max (1.5x the amount taken)

This is based off my current technology and think it would be a good fix. The point of static grenade was to give bounties energy, not to drain other players energy, which is why i suggested lowering the energy taken and raising the energy given.
Post #: 36
11/17/2013 17:13:47   
Altador987

but the point of it was to do both at the same time as most other classes had skills that could do either, it doesn't seem very logical to get 30 mp out of 20 taken when assimilation no longer gets it's full amont back nor does static smash.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
11/17/2013 17:17:55   
AQWorldsFarmer

Ok, you do realize Techmage's assilulation is meant to take energy, which is why it was reduced to 50%, plus they have battery recharge, and mercs take a large sum of EP, similar to static charge and i think its fine cause it gives back a reasonable amount too.

This is also why i suggested that static grenade be made to take a small amount of energy and give back 1.5x the amount stolen. It seems fine if you ask me.

to add to that, Static Smash is based off Weapon damage.

< Message edited by AQWorldsFarmer -- 11/17/2013 17:18:39 >
Post #: 38
11/17/2013 17:21:44   
Altador987

a merc with 23 str (5-6) takes 19 mp with static smash that isn't maxed against a bh with 30- however much in both tech and def and you're saying it's based on weapon damage... and yes i know what it does, the admins gave mages a way to both regain mana and take away mana and look! they can take away mana and regain a little more back at the same time... so what's your point, i'm not sure you mean static charge as that's a cyber hunter skill which doesnt take anything away
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
11/17/2013 17:44:03   
AQWorldsFarmer

My point is that i KNOW static grenade is overpowered, but reducing the REGAIN to 25%

It was MEANT to be a regaining skill for bounties so reducing to 25% regain would make no sense,

the PROBLEM is the amount TAKEN which is high,

Which is why I suggested taking a small about (20 at MAX and giving 30 and MAX) Remember, this means investing 10 points into it, which most people invest 6-8
Post #: 40
11/17/2013 17:53:05   
Altador987

your point is that we disagree and you're trying to tell me i'm wrong (which isn't working in case you didn't notice) by saying you KNOW you're right and then repeating what you suggested as if i didn't already acknowledge what you suggested... i've seen what you suggested i just don't agree with it, i'm not gonna tell you you're wrong or right but if all you have to say is you KNOW you're right then i'll let you bask in your self-appointed glory lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
11/17/2013 17:55:19   
GearzHeadz

I'd like the math in front of me to show how right you are. The fact why you see a lot of strong static grenades is because the energy invested into it. Invest similar str points into the ones assimilation or static smash, and you'll see its fair. Most just choose not to invest the appropriate stats.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 42
11/17/2013 18:02:03   
AQWorldsFarmer

Gearz, was that post to me or to alta?

And Alta, The point of me repeating it was to make you you have some sort of understanding on WHY static grenade was there.

You people are suggesting 25% regain instead of taking the energy drained down, which isn't the point of static grenade.
Post #: 43
11/17/2013 18:03:46   
GearzHeadz

It was to you.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
11/17/2013 18:06:16   
AQWorldsFarmer

@gearz,

well than thank you.
Post #: 45
11/17/2013 18:06:28   
Altador987

idk who "you people" is as i think it's fine the way it is other than being able to regain half of what's not been stolen, i think they did a wonderful job with that skill, you can't make me do anything as you are not some high power who knows all you have your opinion of why it was there as do i and i accept that we may not fully agree on what that is, however i'm not trying to make you understand anything because i didn't create the skill and neither did you or anyone else up here other than the creators so while we may ponder and guess the truth is none of us know that answer until the creators tell us that "this is so because yada yada yada"
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
11/17/2013 18:07:57   
GearzHeadz

@AQWorldsFarmer
I wasn't going with you. I was saying I'd like to see the actual math in front of me before I believe you are right.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 47
11/17/2013 18:44:41   
AQWorldsFarmer

@ Gearz, ah.
Well if I knew the formula for it I would tell you, but right now all I know is that they need to reduce the amount of energy taken.
But here's the problem: If they reduce the amount taken, thats gonna reduce the amount given, which is why i suggested making it 1.5x the amount stolen, or make when 1.25x

and @Alta

When you said " i didn't create the skill and neither did you or anyone else up here other than the creators so while we may ponder and guess the truth is none of us know that answer until the creators tell us that "this is so because yada yada yada" "
m
I assume you are talking about when I stated what the skills purpose is, no?

And for your information, they stated "We've replaced EMP Grenade with Static Grenade to give Bounty Hunters a way to regain mana."

Post #: 48
11/17/2013 18:47:43   
Altador987

i read what they said dear thank you and seeing as i read what he posted i'd like to point out he did not state it's only purpose was to regain mana so you still don't have a point on this... but i dont feel like arguing over silly schematics that aren't getting anywhere
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
11/17/2013 18:49:04   
AQWorldsFarmer

well then you tell me, what do you suggest they do?
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Static Grenade
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition