Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Design Notes: 22nd November, 2013 - Resonance and Cyber Void!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes: 22nd November, 2013 - Resonance and Cyber Void!
Page 1 of 612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/22/2013 17:04:58   
Skurge
The Dealer

quote:

Resonance and Cyber Void!
Posted on November 22, 2013 by Nulgath

Game Update:
Resonance ( Story Suggestion Winner The Jop... finally. )
Cyber Void

Thanksgiving Seasonal Character Release!
  • Bill the Apprentice
  • Bill the Hunter
  • Bill the Assassin
  • Revonthurkey
  • The Halloween Seasonal Rares are GONE!

Card Custom Packs
  • Current Card Packs: Fire and Water
  • Next Week's Card Packs: Energy and Earth

In Progress
    1st Upholder: Players who buy Soul Gems between October 31st and January 1st will have access to the 1st Upholder!
    Skexis Variant

Coming Soon!
    Monthly Rare Character Releases! Meaning they will leave once the month is over but will return again when that month comes around again.

• < Message edited by Skurge -- 12/2/2013 20:01:09 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    11/22/2013 17:08:40   
    darkknight skull

So.... any thoughts on Cyber Void and Its Deck
    Also have any of you located Resonance.
    Post #: 2
    11/22/2013 17:08:53   
    NDB

Cyber Void's deck has extreme potential in terms of CC and overall strategy, but overall I still just can't get the hang of any dual element characters. It's very difficult to figure out how to play no matter how you look at it. That's why I don't really like Mana Golem or Arcane Ranger either, but that's just me. I mean, in theory, they should have quite an advantage over other decks because they receive "free" energy but it always messes you up and you end up hand clutter having no idea what cards are good to discard or when to charge. Too confusing to play with, especially now with Combo Bonuses, it's even harder to make up your mind with what to do and what to CC. And although, he system really still needs reworking for dual-elements, I really hope they just deal with overall balance and other card issues first.

< Message edited by NDB -- 11/22/2013 17:13:34 >
    Epic  Post #: 3
    11/22/2013 17:13:33   
    EliteWarlockz

Resonance is located at Nightmare dungeon.
    Post #: 4
    11/22/2013 17:16:52   
    The Jop

Done with the Wiki, time to test her out.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    11/22/2013 17:31:09   
    winry

Where is Bill located?
    Post #: 6
    11/22/2013 17:35:11   
    Dragon Elite X

http://oversoulgame.wikidot.com/bill-apprentice

likely the same spot listed here
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    11/22/2013 17:40:31   
    NDB

One thing I'm confused about is why Energy and Earth CC didn't come back with this release, especially with Resonance. Not to mention Cyber Void also has Lighting cards. I really wanted to get a Super Charged. And I'm pretty much missing all of Earth despite having spent nearly 300k gold on it.
    Epic  Post #: 8
    11/22/2013 17:42:37   
    winry

Can revonthurkey be found on the map?
    Post #: 9
    11/22/2013 17:42:57   
    Axel459
    The Void Calls

CC switches out every two weeks and we only got water and fire last week, you'll be able to get your energy and earth cc next week
    @Above Yes, you can use the wiki to get his location

< Message edited by Axel459 -- 11/22/2013 17:44:03 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
    11/22/2013 17:44:45   
    Dragon Elite X

@winry
    Please check the wiki. It holds all information known to players.
    http://oversoulgame.wikidot.com/revonthurkey
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
    11/22/2013 17:49:44   
    NDB

@Axel459
    Yeah, I didn't realize Water and Fire were only out a week. Haven't really been paying attention to the past releases. But anyway, it seems really pointless to be re-releasing CC and then not releasing a single character in that element when you do it. They shoulda made some new water and fire chars and then released Resonance with Energy CC.
    Epic  Post #: 12
    11/22/2013 19:42:40   
    inshal1000

Found Resonance within 10-15 battles.
    Caught it on first try.
    Pretty defensive.
    Good attack.
    Lots of DoT.
    Not necessarily an Energy Hog.
    Overall, pretty good deck.
    MQ AQW  Post #: 13
    11/22/2013 20:51:28   
    SGsPyzcho
    Banned

Right before the release I spent SGs and I can no longer buy the Cyber Void (Pyzcho's sad now lol.). If someone can tell me how It is in both skills and animations. I will highly appreciate It, also I will try to catch Resonance later this week It looks interesting.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
    11/22/2013 21:08:58   
    BJEBLE

@Inshal I think a Storm+4 Arcs would be a pretty cool hand.
    DF  Post #: 15
    11/22/2013 21:13:16   
    darkknight skull

@Pyzcho Cyber Void's animation are next to identical to void Champion's except that in his three hit combo he does a slash and jumps in the air before finishing and the five hit combo has him send a ghost/clone to do around the same attacks as void Champion's 5 hit.

His deck is very offensive with surge,and super charge to boost his attacks. But he has no DoTs and two defence cards,so he will take alot of damage. He has no life drain to heal, too.
    But with CCs he can be a extremely dangerous opponent. Be careful when he has two sacrifices because you could self-destruct if you dont watch your health. Another thing is that Super Charge is the only thing that uses another type of energy other than shadow so it should be the only thing clogging up your 5 card slots.

I hope you have a good day.

< Message edited by darkknight skull -- 11/22/2013 21:20:42 >
    Post #: 16
    11/22/2013 21:16:49   
    BJEBLE

So this is what I think of Cyber Void: A variant of VC/VK, enough that it is its own character, but similar enough to make non Stress Testers happy. Also, pretty interesting deck. Load it up with attack cards(Shadow of course) on CC and your set.
    DF  Post #: 17
    11/22/2013 23:39:48   
    legend knight

That was quite unexpected for Cyber Void and Resonance to be release this week. Still, i am very glad Cyber Void will be mine at last since i can never have VC but CV make a great variation of VC. :D
    Post #: 18
    11/22/2013 23:45:18   
    Dragon Elite X

@Dark I wouldn't ever put Super Charge and clog in the same sentence. It is one of the most powerful cards in the game as far as dealing damage.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
    11/23/2013 9:24:49   
    The Finnish Phoenix

The point of dual-elementing is to bypass the energy constraints of your primary element. Cyber Void is bad because it burns so little shadow energy that it would be better off if its SuperCharged were Shadow since it can spare the energy and having to draw Energize first or at the same time means inconsistencies. You'd be better off using Volt Engineer, especially since Volty has both more attack cards and the ability to CC further SuperChargeds, it's just more compatible with SuperCharged, but Cyber Void has to make use of SuperCharged to justify its existence so CCing anything is detrimental to it since it lessens the chance of drawing Energized ASAP. It might be better with a second Energized, but as is it's pretty bad.

I bought CV because I was intrigued by the combination and wanted to give it a spin. Unfortunately, it can't be sold back, so all I can really recommend is that if you don't have it yet, you don't get it. The animations are cool though, I enjoyed the 5-hit in particular since I missed VC, so I'll try to make do with it. It's not something I would ever use in a high stakes duel though.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/23/2013 9:27:26 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
    11/23/2013 9:34:38   
    ND Mallet
    Legendary AK!!!

@tfp If it doesn't burn enough Shadow energy then throw in some high cost shadow CC. If all decks were perfect, then we wouldn't buy CC
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    11/23/2013 9:46:57   
    Fallen Crest

I threw in a Life Drain, because it's high cost to start with, and Cyber Void needs some heal anyways. It also has Shadowfire in there as a high cost shadow card base deck.

Cyber Void won't truly utilize the Energy cards until it's high leveled because it kills too fast in the lower levels.

< Message edited by Fallen Crest -- 11/23/2013 9:49:31 >
    AQW  Post #: 22
    11/23/2013 9:51:31   
    Megadragonknight

@TFP
    I understand your meaning. Still, in my opinion, Cyber Void is a character that focus purely on attacking and it works perfectly with combo bonus. But he do have flaws because he doesn't have life drain to survive the battle longer. However, using Cyber Void correctly/properly will make him one of the strongest character yet even without any DoT. Using supercharged and surge alongside the shadow attack card will be a very great advantage since it will not be very high cost effective. Overall, CV is a unique character not only because he is a variant of VC but also, he have pure attack card with charged up cards which can make him one of the deadliest/dangerous character. By the way, do you usually post at this timing? Oh, I think its already morning at your time zone.
    Post #: 23
    11/23/2013 10:25:59   
    Fallen Crest

Finnish does bring up a valid point though; Cyber Void burn up little shadow energy. Thus, the Sacrifices are the characters weakness. Sacrifice is used on shadow characters for quick bursts of damage, without cost, LATE in the battle because Poisons, MoD's, etc. already are burning up your energy pool.

So having them inside a pure attack character that burns up little shadow energy, and uses cards of a different element, actually gives Cyber Void a huge disadvantage in the first place.
    Now because Charged attacks, energize discard, and surges don't work on them makes it even WORSE.

Overall; Great character but the Sacrifices are it's weakness.
    AQW  Post #: 24
    11/23/2013 10:44:50   
    Megadragonknight

Yeah, sacrifice is the main issue in Cyber Void's deck. However, it can be his advantage only when its used at the correct timing. It can be used as a 5 hit combo with 3 other 500 attack cards. It will deal a total of 3K damage with just 12 cost but it sacrifice 800 damage. This can be helpful only when the opponents' HP is below at least 2K HP.
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes: 22nd November, 2013 - Resonance and Cyber Void!
    Page 1 of 612345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition