Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 13«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/3/2016 10:59:00   
Alpha Centipede

@W.A.R.Z.: That would require Tomix to make the art for the Good element looms and someone to code the loom art into the game, which, given the workload the staff members have, probably would not be very feasible to do at this point in time. It is an aesthetics thing, after all.
DF  Post #: 251
4/4/2016 15:01:03   
dragon_master

I like MasterSoulWeaver more,mostly because you can have a 99 turn 25 boost buff.
The original SoulWeaver is meh.
Looms also look kooler on MSW.
DF  Post #: 252
4/4/2016 20:00:24   
Windstar

Soulweaver is just one of the average classes, but Master Soulweaver is one of the strongest armors in the game, and has much better and cooler skills than what Soulweaver has.
I like Master Soulweaver much more than Soulweaver, because it has stronger skills and much better looks.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 253
4/4/2016 20:06:56   
Aura Knight

If the soulweaver armor had a coat to go with it, it would probably look better. Right now it seems a bit dull. Master Soulweaver armor looks way better. The only thing I like about soulweaver is that it has the artifact which powers up some of its moves. If the artifact worked with Master Soulweaver, that class would be even more amazing. It already has decent defenses and okay power. The animations on it are awesome to look at, even if a bit slow at times because of how flashy some of the moves are. I always have fun using master soulweaver. It's among my top 3 favorite classes to use in game.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 254
4/5/2016 0:49:29   
Sakurai the Cursed

quote:

I like MasterSoulWeaver more,mostly because you can have a 99 turn 25 boost buff.

It's actually 35 for MSW, but SW has a 99-turn 30 Boost buff as well, unless you're using Baltael's Aventail.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 4/5/2016 0:53:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 255
4/5/2016 7:46:05   
dragon_master

^MSW boost 35 99 turn.

< Message edited by dragon_master -- 4/5/2016 7:49:41 >
DF  Post #: 256
4/5/2016 17:33:53   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

This isn't entirely related to the actual Soulweaver class, but I think the reason why many people are willing to throw away Aegis for Fleshweaver is because he's become slightly annoying to get into your party. You have to go all the way through Ravenloss until his house in order to invite him. Perhaps if we had the same option to summon him anywhere we are, just like our dragon, he would be relevant again.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 257
4/5/2016 17:49:06   
Tryvask

I have to wonder, how come our Elemental Spirit is one of... Ice? I mean, isn't the hero supposedly a light-hearted, humorous, determined and kind person? I'm not sure about this, but, I don't think Ice matches that too well... I'd say one of Fire/Energy/Light would be better, or hell, even Good. Though Good would need to be Pandora, which, unless she was re-released into the Plane of Elemental Spirits upon Tomix's fate, is not quite possible. (Not to mention that's not something I want to think about. Envy, stay away pls.) Unless there can be more than one Elemental Spirit of the same element, in which case, well, Good becomes a possibility again.
Post #: 258
4/5/2016 17:55:23   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@above

There seems to be many evil Elemental Spirits. I don't see why there couldn't be more good ones.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 259
4/5/2016 17:55:35   
Nitewolf

@Tryvask Aegis is the elemental spirit of valor, I think that fits pretty well with the hero's personality. Also there must be more than one Elemental spirit aligned to each element, otherwise all the Soulweavers in Lore would need to choose between no more than 20 Spirits...

< Message edited by Nitewolf -- 4/5/2016 18:03:49 >
DF  Post #: 260
4/5/2016 18:36:54   
Sakurai the Cursed

quote:

^MSW boost 35 99 turn.

Err... That's... what I said? o.o

And yeah, elements aren't remotely unique to any particular spirit, otherwise how could there be an entire academy teaching the soul arts when there could only ever be 20(?) spirits to be partnered with at any given time? Especially when you consider some of those would necessarily be corrupt spirits, which wouldn't be usable by that school (since CW and FW aren't taught there), and not all practitioners would be at that school. Even with the generous assumption that half the spirits were taken by the academy, it wouldn't be much of an academy with like 10 combined teachers and students, eh?

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 4/5/2016 18:39:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 261
4/5/2016 21:06:19   
rater202

@Tryvask:The Element of the Spirit seems to either have something to do with how they died or with the spirit they wove with.

Also, Aegis is never referred to as an Elemental Spirit of Ice. He's an Elemental Spirit of Valor whose element happens to be Ice, but he's first and foremost a brave and courageous hero, just like the Player. The fact that his element is Ice is secondary, if it's relevant at all.
AQ DF  Post #: 262
4/6/2016 0:50:32   
dragon_master

Nvm,my bad. lol.
Btw coolest looking Loom to me is fire.
@above
It is relevant because:
A soulsmith would craft Ice weapons,
A ChaosWeaver would mainly use a force of ice nature,
A Soulweaver would use an Ice-Loom with his attacks,and let him use Ice as a method of Soul damage and magic (i.e. freeze soul etc.)

We are bonded with an Ice spirit (I REALLY wish there were more,though Ice is my favorite element,because Ice is Cool,dat pun xD) because we were:
frozen in time,
We saw Aegis in an Ice stasis or something at PoES.
He also mentions he drowned - and if you think logically water can turn into Ice.

These are theories i feel like make most sense of Aegis' origins.

< Message edited by dragon_master -- 4/6/2016 1:00:26 >
DF  Post #: 263
4/6/2016 5:58:31   
Sakurai the Cursed

And not just drowned, but drowned in a frozen body of water; it was essentially the cold that would have killed him, by sapping his strength thus preventing him from getting out.

But, do keep in mind that while Aegis is the only Spirit we know much of anything about, that doesn't necessarily make him the norm. Cause of death is most likely not the only thing that can determine a Spirit's element.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 264
4/6/2016 7:45:16   
Tryvask

Now that you all say that, yeah, it seems to make some sense. I KNEW Aegis was something that just wasn't getting to my poor noggin. But I personally would've loved a Wind or Water Soulally, ahah. Or even Darkness. Imagine all the purple in the Soulweaver's animations if the SoulAlly had Darkness as an element.
Post #: 265
4/6/2016 11:08:48   
dragon_master

@Tryvask
A Bacon soulally would be nice.
DF  Post #: 266
4/6/2016 13:02:48   
LouisCyphere

Maybe the Elemental Spirits are not really restricted to "Physical Elements".

Pandora has Good Element as seen when Tomix synchronize with her and Aspar has Evil Element.

Though, we also have Vaal's former SoulMinion, Alraia was it? I guess she has Fire Element because of Transcendence dealing fire damage. But, that is just speculation on what is her actual "Element" is.

By the way, we don't know what's Alraia's supposed to represent (Vice?).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 267
4/6/2016 16:21:20   
rater202

When I said that Aegis being Ice was irrelevant, I meant it in a sense that it has no baring on who he is.

Alraa or whatever he name is is a corrupt Elemental Spirit.

She had trhe same colors as Secundus, who is confirmed to be a corrupt fire spirit.

So, she's probably a fire spirit.
AQ DF  Post #: 268
4/17/2018 16:17:14   
Shadow X Ascendant

(To Keep The Discussion in one Question Thread) But if Baltael's Aventail worked also for MSW, The class it has created for (according to @Greyor_42), He could use it even more than BSW. Just To Double Valour Impact Number of Hits, The Defense of 200% Avoidance for 2 Turns goes to 4 Turns and The Syncronization Instead of 5 Hits of 200% Damage (1000% Nuke) with 7 Cooldown (Baltael's Sync), can be 5 Hits of 250% Damage (1250% Nuke) with 9 Rounds Cooldown (Master Baltael's Sync). If Baltael's Aventail receive a "Upgrade" To MSW's Level, I for sure will make my Main class as MSW...., (Until Fleshweaver comes out), Maybe they could Make this upgrade in The Revamp Release with CC MSW.
@Greyor_42 If They Are not making it because of MSW is Tier 3 and DmK is Tier 4 and Only Doomknight can be There,, why Not Create the Tier 5, which is only for DmK, and in Tier 4 you add Fleshweaver, Chaosweaver, (If their skills are high enough for this), Master Soulweaver + Baltael's Aventail and The Time Calendar Class?

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 4/17/2018 17:01:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 269
4/17/2018 16:49:52   
GammaCavy

I personally have no complaints with SW except for the fact that the Soulclaws are always visible. Every other class has the option to hide weapons now, but SW and MSW, the claws stay on display. Otherwise, it is a solid, well rounded class that I've had as my default for years.
DF  Post #: 270
4/17/2018 16:52:34   
Luckyjazzt

I like Master Soulweaver where it is. Would I like Aventail Bonuses? Of course I would, but I'd also like a weapon that one hits everything, but I know that's ridiculous. MS is one of the most powerful classes in the game, and the Aventail would make it tier 4, and theres only 1 (2 depending on if you count V1 and V2 together) class in that tier.
DF  Post #: 271
4/17/2018 16:58:39   
Greyor_42

@Shadow X Ascendant

The number of hits isn't the only thing Baltael's Aventail increases on Valor impact, though. It nearly doubles the damage of each hit(from 3 hits of 34% to 6 hits of 66%). For it to scale proportionately, it would have to do 6 hits of 150% damage as opposed to 3 hits of 80%, and that's just outright ridiculous, since it's almost as strong as BaltaelSynch on BSW(150 times 6 is 950. A proportionately scaled Valor Impact on BMSW would probably do a total of around 950% damage).

Imagine Doomknight, but with a more hybrid focused skillset than offensive skillset. That's basically what you created. A class with two ridiculously strong, easily accessible nukes, solid defenses/sustainability, and some of the most versatile utility in the game.

See why they're having such trouble making Aventail work with MSW?

@Gammacavy

I totally agree. Being able to turn off our claws outside of battle would be great. Other soulweavers are capable of doing so as well, so why is it just the Hero's soulclaws that are always on?
DF  Post #: 272
4/17/2018 17:08:44   
Zaleria

I'd be more interested in the ability to show the claws of a different element than what I am using, over sheathing them. Like, I don't like most of the claws for SoulWeaver, Master SoulWeaver has much better looking claws in general, but I'd prefer to be able to use ones I like more on both, while using the elements that I need for the fight.

On the subject of Baltael's, who said that it has to buff the damage per hit? Even if it lowered it to match what it does for SoulWeaver in exchange for the extra hits, it's still a buff, without going to those absurd numbers. As for SoulSync, I don't even like the animation for Baltael's, the major thing to me is not having to meditate to use it, it didn't need a damage buff.
DF AQW  Post #: 273
4/17/2018 17:13:42   
Shadow X Ascendant

Baltael's Sync is one of The skills with The Longest-Animation Duration
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 274
4/17/2018 17:14:53   
Greyor_42

@Zaleria

Because then it's not scaling proportionately, which is the issue. At that point, it's a weaker buff to MSW than regular SW, which doesn't make sense, which I already explained. All that extra power that Valor impact was supposed to get now has to go somewhere else to compensate.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/17/2018 17:17:39 >
DF  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 13«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition