Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: A change to parasite for the better?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: A change to parasite for the better?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/27/2013 9:16:10   
The Hidden Legend

I am sure that bounty hunter static grenade is a counter for energy parasite acting as if opponent had max energy. over 3 turns that could be about 30 energy taken and 45 regenerated. The average max static grenade steals about 44 energy and returns 22. perfect counter. and mother1 last time i checked, techmage and tactical merc can regenerate energy from out of nowhere. bloodmage currently has to end the battle as fast as possible because in the long run, once both fighters are out of energy, techmage will destroy bloodmage if they battery backup again and have a decent heal. I understand how it might be oped because against tm or tlm because they will have to use energy as fast as they can once you parasite them, but make it steal 10% or 5% energy.
Epic  Post #: 26
11/27/2013 13:51:17   
Mother1

@ The hidden legend

I tested out static grenade in three form. NPC, Challenge, and actual combat. All yielded the result I mentioned which is if the opponent has less energy then you would get at max if you will only get that amount of energy nothing more so Static grenade doesn't generate energy out of thin air when you drain it.

you mention battery backup which as I mentioned before is an energy gainer not energy drainer. This means that you use this turn to give yourself a set amount of energy from nothing, not steal nonexistant energy that your opponent doesn't have like Reinvi suggested this do.

Also as I mentioned before this idea is OP because their BM would have an energy drain that can't be countered. Why do you think people drain their energy in the first place? to counter this energy drain. Every energy drainer can be countered by getting rid of your energy yet OP wants this energy drain because it is different than the others to be immune to this affect.

Which is why I was saying the staff should just make a new energy drainer/giver for BM that works all at once just like the others. Giving BM an energy drain that depends on their opponent's current energy to get back energy especially when most don't even invest in energy was a horrible idea to begin with.
Epic  Post #: 27
11/27/2013 14:15:54   
martinsen5

Regarding Static Grenade and it returning more energy than the opponent actually has... it's happened with me a couple of times too, though most of the time it works as it should. Possibly a bug?
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
11/27/2013 14:22:34   
Hellion Storm

quote:

martinsen5:Regarding Static Grenade and it returning more energy than the opponent actually has... it's happened with me a couple of times too, though most of the time it works as it should. Possibly a bug?

Last time I read up on it, they was saying it was a bug. So im pretty sure they're going to patch it today
Epic  Post #: 29
11/27/2013 15:29:53   
ReinVI

and once more mother1 is apparently flat out ignoring the fact that I said they can keep it at draining 15% of the other players current energy but set it up to still give the BM a 3 turn energy gain of 15% of there max. I'm sorry but as it stands that sounds like the only possibly fair solution . It will drain the same amount while not screwing the bloodmage out of a turn if they just decide to burn there energy.
Epic  Post #: 30
11/27/2013 21:46:07   
lionblades

^I support ^^
AQW  Post #: 31
11/27/2013 22:03:21   
Midnightsoul

I'm a blood mage and here's my idea. Just increase the regen from x1.5 to x2. So now, you get twice the energy you drained now.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
11/27/2013 23:34:54   
ReinVI

midnight that still won't work because they will just burn there energy to where your not going to gain 'any' energy even with a 2x recharge on whats stolen...
Epic  Post #: 33
11/28/2013 3:48:34   
Pemberton

Parasite is balanced. Only reason it looks weak is because of Static Grenade.
Post #: 34
11/28/2013 3:59:59   
ReinVI

no ... not even close there is nothing about parasite that is currently balance it is weak, easily counter, does pitiful damage, in general right now it's waste of points spent on it and a waste of a turn to activate.
Epic  Post #: 35
11/28/2013 4:16:05   
FrostWolv

@ Pemberton

Well sorry to say but Parasite isnt balanced even if the Static Grenade is taken away from BH

All i know it really is weak and some tweak is needed in it which I dont know what
Epic  Post #: 36
11/29/2013 8:50:05   
The Hidden Legend

i was using static grenade as a possible counter, i was not comparing static grenade to energy parasite, just because it steals nonexistent energy does not mean its oped, it is not only acting as an energy drain, its also an energy generator, as for classes taking our energy as a counter to this skill, its more the other way around. i dont see how it doesnt have a counter-you can static grenade, assimilation then battery once parasite is over, or atom smash depending on your class

< Message edited by The Hidden Legend -- 11/29/2013 11:39:20 >
Epic  Post #: 37
11/29/2013 8:57:05   
Synner

This skill is strong against npc no need to buff it
Post #: 38
11/29/2013 9:04:39   
The Hidden Legend

wow synner. is this a pvp game or npc game?
Epic  Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: A change to parasite for the better?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition