Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Hatchling Rush Energy Cost

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Hatchling Rush Energy Cost
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/28/2013 14:06:59   
martinsen5

Don't know if this is more of a balance thread or a suggestion thread, but either way I'd like to suggest lowering the energy price of Hatchling Rush. It's... honestly not that dependable and at a cost that high, you won't be seeing it used that often. Same with Azrael's Will really? Haven't seen the core been used in a single recent duel, which says something about it's price.

Not saying these cores shouldn't have a cost, just saying some would do fine with 10 EP. Obviously just my opinion on the matter, but yeah!
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/28/2013 14:12:05   
  Exploding Penguin

Azrael's will is almost useless in 1v1 except against glass cannons.

It's useful in 2v2 if you don't want to set your heal into cooldown but want your partner to live another turn. And it's definitely better than energy shot because that core's useless with an energy cost now.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/28/2013 14:34:47   
martinsen5

Azrael's Will isn't really a forced strike anymore, it's more of a "Force your enemy to DRAIN 20 energy from you!" type of core. And I agree. The only times I use Energy Shot is if I've just had my energy drained and just so happen to have 7-8 energy left, then I'll use it unless I've got other options. Which I do have 99 % of the time.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/28/2013 14:58:37   
axell5

yeah i also agree it should be to 10 energy
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 4
11/28/2013 16:21:02   
  Exploding Penguin

Hatchling rush is pretty cheap (like dirty, cheap, not inexpensive). Debuff your opponent and get them down to half HP, use it, then they're probably gonna die. Or if you're a glass cannon you can use it against low-HP tanks so that they can't heal nearly as well and you can just bulldoze your way through them.

Overall I'd have to say that it's almost as overpowered as azrael's will was when it first came out.

As for azrael's will, I still find lots of uses for it. It's just not as useful in 1v1 anymore.
Epic  Post #: 5
11/28/2013 16:39:00   
martinsen5

@Exploding Penguin, Still I feel like the extra 4 energy's unnecessary. Like you mentioned, there are clever ways to use this core /if/ timed right. However, there are other cores at a lower cost that will give you the same expected result every time they are used, hence I think Hatcling Rush is overpriced - as it can be unreliable.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/28/2013 16:42:51   
  Exploding Penguin

I personally find it very reliable because you know the opponent is gonna have to heal after a certain point, and that's when you pull this thing out instead of a defensive buff or a bludgeon or something.

If used incorrectly it can be garbage, but if used correctly it's devastating and arguably vastly overpowered... kind of like bunny bots except a lot more effective if it works.

And this thread really should go into balance, considering the direction it's headed
Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Hatchling Rush Energy Cost
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition