Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Color Blast Duration Increase

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Color Blast Duration Increase
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/5/2013 23:59:09   
  Exploding Penguin

I think the duration of color blast should be increased so that it's slightly easier to force the opponent to turn skip by leaving strike as their only option. As useless as it already is, the introduction of more skills that cost 0 energy to use make it even easier. Here's an example of how useless color blast is right now in PvP:

Turn 1: Gun
Turn 2: Aux
Turn 3: Robot
Turn 4: Energy flow skill (or gun)
Turn 5: Energy flow skill (or gun)
Turn 6: Aux
Turn 7: Robot
Turn 8: Energy flow skill (or gun)
etc...

point is if someone's fully equipped then really, even at 0 energy they can never be forced to have a turn skip in 1v1. If they have poor support then they probably will get enough energy to use a strength-based skill such as a debuff or something else similar.

Increasing the duration to a whopping 5 turns or even 6 turns would still not be much of an improvement, but at least it would make the bunny bot more useful than it is now (right now the only notable good use I have for it is for NPC bosses. In fact, I only was able to kill Nightwraith because of it).
Epic  Post #: 1
12/6/2013 0:23:45   
Dual Thrusters

Since, you said it yourself, a fully equipped player can still bypass its effect by turn 8...

How about we be more drastic and make it stay in effect until it is triggered?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/6/2013 0:44:52   
Altador987

i understand the point however the example is using the assumption that none of said attacks are on cooldown meaning you'd have to have used the bot at the very beginning
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/6/2013 3:00:47   
Pemberton

Color blast should affect all normal strikes, guns, aux and robot normal attack.
Post #: 4
12/6/2013 4:20:57   
Ranloth
Banned

I think, Dual, that'd be too powerful. In essence, it'd be a free Stun and attack at the same time, for no cost or whatsoever, and guaranteed effect if timed properly - no way to avoid it.

How about extending its duration to 5 turns, before it fades, and keeping everything else the same? One step at the time, but it makes it more difficult to counter as the battle goes on and one does not have Energy to use skills and/or weapons are in cooldown, thus posing a bigger threat.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
12/6/2013 4:26:16   
axell5

well what about if we take dual idea but it will fade once he used the srike once( not triggered 3 times) so depending of str and resistances of the oponent they would deal that much dmg, more like a stun at some time
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 6
12/6/2013 20:30:36   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

i understand the point however the example is using the assumption that none of said attacks are on cooldown meaning you'd have to have used the bot at the very beginning

You're missing my point. What I'm trying to say by showing that is that it will loop infinitely, meaning that no matter when you use color blast a fully equipped player will always find at least a decent-damaging move to bypass its effects for all 3 turns.
Epic  Post #: 7
12/6/2013 20:59:18   
Altador987

so is your point that you want to force people to have to skip a turn and take damage?
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/6/2013 21:06:16   
Mother1

@ Altador

his point is that for most players it is extreme easy to get around this special. At the worst it makes an opponent skip a turn, However it is rare when it happens.

The bunny bot itself is very tactical if not the most tactical bot in the game, but extremely easy to get around.

Personally myself I find the bot very useful when in the correct situation to use it.
Epic  Post #: 9
12/6/2013 21:13:04   
Altador987

i've only ever had it used on me as a cyber hunter and the loophole to that was that static charge didn't count as a normal hit so i wouldn't know i was just never interested in the bot in general
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/6/2013 22:38:38   
Predator9657

A 5 turn duration would be fair to this bot since as mentioned, 3 turns is pretty useless due to how easy it is to find "fillers" for those turns.
Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Color Blast Duration Increase
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition