Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= December 12th, 2013 - Blood Hawks Inbound

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 12th, 2013 - Blood Hawks Inbound
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/13/2013 9:38:44   
Scyze

Well it's back to being a punch bag. I can either stop playing or keep playing with a low win ratio...

Just realised it's Power Hour in a couple of minutes. It's the time when I'm unlucky; critical damages, deflections and blocks ruin my day. Plus it's mostly around this time when I'm unlucky. Yeah, I won't play during these hours.

< Message edited by Scyze -- 12/13/2013 13:44:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/13/2013 9:43:49   
martinsen5

@Scyze, Funny how there will always be complaints no matter what an update brings, huh? People have been asking for a level cap raise, bigger than 1 level a year, they get it and say they don't like it. You sound as if it's safe to assume balance will be just as bad in two weeks, which you don't know.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
12/13/2013 9:47:45   
xyzman

^Well maybe it is because of the game's reputation that many people are skeptic. I think the staff should give more detailed information on the new features before very long so as to prove they are not balance-breaking.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/13/2013 9:58:33   
Scyze

@martinsen5,
Where have I posted about balance staying the same in the upcoming weeks?

And yes, I don't know how the balance will be in the upcoming weeks. I know for sure that it will stay the same because no one will reach Level 40 in a week when, probably, a new balance update comes. *Posted*
People ask for the level cap to rise without any good reason. They just want it to rise because they want it to rise. Where the point in that? Raising the level cap has issues - same with the max Inventory slot you could achieve.

No one will be Level 40 in a week, unless there isn't a steep climb, therefore balance will remain the same. Once people start to level up and there's a large number of losses against higher levels, then we'll see complaints if people can't understand the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/13/2013 10:09:54   
Xx. Christian .xX

Quick question guys.

Do you guys think that if i do 300 1vs1 wins with exp boosters for a week will get me to level 40?? Or 2 weeks? Ima do it during winterbreak :) thank you
Post #: 30
12/13/2013 10:22:13   
Scyze

@Xx. Christian .xX,
Ask in the Q&A section next time! :D

Assuming that you get 12 Experience from every victory, then you'd get 25,200 Experience ((12*300)*7) in the first week. In the second week, you'll be making double. We don't know how much Experience is required to level up to 40 though. However, 50,000 Experience should be enough (IMO).

On another note, the ' Friday the 13th' Achievement hasn't made its return to EpicDuel. Hopefully, it comes today even though it's not planned. :D
It might already be in-game but it's not available to my alt account.

< Message edited by Scyze -- 12/13/2013 11:07:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
12/13/2013 11:15:54   
martinsen5

@Scyze, Ah sorry, you didn't specifically say that I guess. I was just assuming that bad balance is the reason you'd rather not play, as reaching max cap will require a lot of wins :b I'm really hoping balance will be better than it currently is though, losing to a lot of BHs lately, and I am a BH myself...
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
12/13/2013 11:23:48   
Scyze

@martinsen5,
I accept your apology.
I have seen a lot for Bounty Hunters who are in the similar situation as you. It seems to me that the reason why some BHs vary is because of the gear they have.

Honestly, I don't care much about win ratios. I want to play EpicDuel because I like it; yet I constantly worry about it because it tells me how good/bad I'm currently doing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
12/13/2013 11:47:00   
Mother1

@ xyzman

If they did that then people would complain about there being no surprises left sense the staff explained it all. I remember this happening when the staff was explaining everything omega would bring day by day.
Epic  Post #: 34
12/13/2013 12:32:09   
Remorse

^ Surprises isn't always a good thing when their is balance involved.

They should released the info that is confirmed effecting balance, so at least players can give their opinion before it is released.

Perhaps they will consider changing the content based from players suggestions before they release it.

After all it is much easier to nerf something if it hasn't yet been released and therefore people can't complain about the nerf effecting them.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/13/2013 12:33:45 >
Epic  Post #: 35
12/13/2013 12:39:00   
Ranloth
Banned

But the details aren't often set in stone until last minute. First is testing it on the Dev server, and then altering it further if imbalanced. If I release ___ numbers on a Thursday, but now I've changed it to ___ on a Friday, it'd be false information and releasing something different to what was said.

I mean, they are still coding the release and are only half-way through.
AQ Epic  Post #: 36
12/13/2013 13:01:07   
Scyze

Plus when you're coding, you might mess up a few codes which make EpicDuel function properly. Without knowing, you save the file to view it and... kaa pow! You now need to find the problem - which could take a few minutes, or hours.

Now, Strength Bounty Hunters are common. I cannot use Static Smash because I will end up losing my own Energy because they'll use Static Grenade. I didn't (always) use Static Smash to get Energy, I used to use it to get rid of Energy. This isn't happening that much now since I can just end up losing 40 Energy.

< Message edited by Scyze -- 12/13/2013 13:47:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
12/13/2013 20:06:08   
Actual

I hope that the new Legendary Stats are like some sort of mastery points, something from like League where it increase certain things by certain %'s. I think this would be a nice implementation and I think the Devs should take as long as they need working on it.

I hope this is the real start of a new EpicDuel, a new mastery - type tree would be a addition to the game and hopefully create some more balance or imbalance, who knows. I am really looking forward to the 36-40 grind. Good job as always!
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/13/2013 20:35:18   
Virtual Earthquake

Is there going to be an update today? If so, it's getting pretty late.
Post #: 39
12/13/2013 20:50:48   
Predator9657

^ Not today, next Friday.
Epic  Post #: 40
12/13/2013 21:34:17   
Remorse

^ I thought two weeks ago when they said they needed 2 weeks for the release meant they only needed two not 3...

Epic  Post #: 41
12/13/2013 22:00:37   
  Charfade

quote:

^ I thought two weeks ago when they said they needed 2 weeks for the release meant they only needed two not 3...

Thursday Dec 5th was approx 8 days ago ( depending on time zone ) Last time I checked, 8 days doesn't add up to 2 weeks. That's only one week and one day. 14 days equals 2 weeks. I know I'm not the best at math, but I can google search and that's what google told me. :)

Unless your doing some kind of crazy math that I'm unaware of, the release is still next week.
MQ Epic  Post #: 42
12/13/2013 22:21:17   
Stabilis

quote:

Thursday Dec 5th was approx 8 days ago ( depending on time zone ) Last time I checked, 8 days doesn't add up to 2 weeks. That's only one week and one day. 14 days equals 2 weeks. I know I'm not the best at math, but I can google search and that's what google told me. :)

Unless your doing some kind of crazy math that I'm unaware of, the release is still next week.

"We at EpicDuel stated that the release would take 2 weeks, dated December 6th. It will be Friday December 20th when the next update is scheduled to release."

(FTFY in case what you texted sounds a bit condescending)
AQ Epic  Post #: 43
12/13/2013 23:06:28   
Remorse

Here is my confusion I thought this quote from the DN's on the 5th
quote:

Preview

As I type this, Charfade is busily concepting new armors, vehicles, weapons, and bots for the upcoming winter release. It's going to be a super-sized mega release so we'll need two weeks to complete it!

Included half being done from the 27th to the 5th as in half of the 2 weeks. ( should of probably said we need two MORE weeks from now. rather then we need two weeks implying you guys didn't do anything for the release between the 27th - the 5th)

And hence would mean the full event is ready today, rather then you needed 2 weeks from the 5th which was very open to interpretation.

Thank god this is the case or I would need to go back to primary school to learn math it seems.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/13/2013 23:15:36 >
Epic  Post #: 44
12/13/2013 23:11:31   
Rayman
Banned

Not Exactly 2 weeks after the 5th, 2 weeks after the friday 6th Update we got, So we can say that they started to get the update ready since monday 9th to release it december 20th.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
12/13/2013 23:12:40   
xyzman

@Mother 1
They did inform us of the upcoming balance change last time so I think there is no reason why they won't this time.
Moreover for the legendary stat feature, noone will be legendary right after the update so isn't it better for the Dev's to clarify this before the update?
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
12/13/2013 23:18:08   
  Charfade

Wasn't trying to be condescending... I guess it was my failed attempt at humor.

To clarify, concept time at point of the Dec 5th DN's post was not part of the 2 week release build. I was still working on that weeks release and concept work was only being worked on in between other tasks. That's how that goes.
MQ Epic  Post #: 47
12/14/2013 0:24:43   
GearzHeadz

@Charfade
Well I got it and thought it was funny.

The new Legendary system... It sounds interesting... But also the idea of it makes me nervous. I hope it won't cause severe imbalance and abuse among players. Don't have enough information to judge it yet...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
12/14/2013 0:49:34   
Silver Sky Magician

My goodness, what do the devs have to do for people not to complain? Give away free credits?
Post #: 49
12/14/2013 0:49:53   
Remorse

Since they have another week perhaps they could squeeze in some balance changes,
You know just so we can actually enjoy the level cap increase.

I don't think having 1v1 battles LITERALLY 9/10 at least as BHs is a good sign balance is good...
And I'm not even exaggerating if anything that is an understatement.

@ Silver sky,
For me they literally need to do NOTHING AT ALL except fix balance, surely that is no too much to ask?

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/14/2013 0:51:16 >
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 12th, 2013 - Blood Hawks Inbound
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition