Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= December 19th, 2013 - A Legendary Release

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= December 19th, 2013 - A Legendary Release
Page 1 of 1112345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/19/2013 15:38:40   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

quote:

December 19, 2013
A Legendary Release

Become Legendary

Prepare for the most exciting evolution of EpicDuel since Omega! In addition to an impressive new Varium bundle, we're unlocking level 40! But what happens after you reach 40? Level 40 will allow all players to achieve Legendary status! This means you will continue to earn experience toward Legendary ranks, all the way up to 100!

Each Rank will allow you to unlock points to invest in new stat categories. This part of Legendary mode is still in development and will be fully-released after the new year. This is partially because we want to make sure enough players have reached level 40 before turning it on, partially time constraints, and partially because of the next major chage to EpicDuel described below!

10x the Balance!

Well, maybe 10 times the balance is a bit of an exaggeration, but this release, we're increasing key stats like health, energy, damage, and defense by a multiple of 10. This means that every point of stat investment will have a significant impact on your overall combat effectiveness. It also means that all the EpicDuel Maximum Damage videos are going to be posting some huge numbers!

In addition to looking impressive, multiplying the stats also gives us finer control for balancing skills. We're making all the adjustments we can before we go live, but we're also hoping that all the battling over the holidays up to level 40 will give us good information on further tweaks.

Blood Hawk Battlegear Mega-Bundle

This release, we're unveiling the new Blood Hawk Battlegear Mega-Bundle! For the price of one 10k Varium package, you'll be getting 2 Blood Hawk Battlegear Mutating Weapons, 2 Blood Hawk Slayer Swords, 2 Blood Hawk Bots, and, of course, 10,000 Varium.

These weapons will be available in the one-stop Varium shop for a limited time. For those who would rather purchase the items piecemeal, Frysteland Valestra will be stocked with the Blood Hawk items in-game.

These awesome items will come with some killer cores! Check them out:

Hawk Guardian

This Active Core comes equipped to all the primary Blood Hawk weapons. When your health is critical, summon a wild Blood Hawk to come to your aid and deliver a devastating claw attack to your opponent!

Blood Hawk Claw

This Blood Hawk Bot skill allows you to summon the spirit of the mysterious Frysteland Blood Hawk to deliver a nasty attack with razor-sharp talons.

Armor Annihilator

As a Blood Hawk, flap your metallic wings and pierce your opponent's armor. The detached feathers detonate as you fly away, temporarily disintegrating the target's armor!

Kawkaw!

Mega Mutations!

This Winter, we decided to have a little fun with our new vehicle selection. Indead of riding a bike, you can actually become one of the creatures below! These designs are fully color-customizeable with entertaining travel animation!

Are you Yeti? How Yeti are you? This year you can be an actual Baby Yeti!

Soar above it all as a Blood Hawk!

Dino Hawks are the ancient precursors to the Blood Hawks. They can't fly, but their strong hind legs allow them to move quickly across the snowy landscape.

The final bike is a more conventional vehicle, concepted by G00ny and Smackey El Frog and vectorized by Charfade! It's powerful treads will allow you to tear through the frozen tundra with ease!

More?

Yes, there's more still in development. Stay tuned for further updates!

Tags: Nightwraith Legends Legendary balance Arcade styles Stats Frysteland Winter Holiday Level 40 upgrade Blood Hawk

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 12/19/2013 16:21:41 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/19/2013 15:49:19   
JariTheMighty

Lots of cool stuff! New level cap, new stats interface, new balance, new weapons, new "vehicles". The most content filled release since a long, long time. :)

I wonder what's gonna happen to our current exp since the exp curve is getting softened.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
12/19/2013 16:01:46   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

@JariTheMighty: Last time the exp curve was altered, it will pretty much stay at the same spot. Lets say your level 35, and your already halfway to level 36. Once update comes, you'll still be level 35, and you'll still be halfway to level 36 as before. The only thing changed is the amount of experience needed to get to each level, which would slightly make it less painful to level up each time.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/19/2013 16:27:21   
One Winged Angel1357

@Mecha that is good to hear because getting to 36 is pretty painful for me right now
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/19/2013 16:40:08   
Ranloth
Banned

Can we get a confirmation whether Armor Annihilator = Necrosis? The two sound very much alike and it may be misleading for some, who plan on buying the promo and expect unique Bot (if they own the Black Abyss Bot). Thanks.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
12/19/2013 17:26:28   
edwardvulture

Congrats to Xendran for getting his idea in-game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
12/19/2013 17:49:54   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Which was his?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/19/2013 17:52:20   
Ranloth
Banned

I've asked about the new Bot's core, on the livestream:
quote:

Nightwraith_EpicDuel: Armor Annihilator is more like Yeti Chomp, but for Armor
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
12/19/2013 18:58:05   
Nexus...

quote:

Which was his?

Scaling I believe was originally his idea. I know I have advocated for it before as well, but I got the idea from him when we were working on something together a while back circa 2010/2011.
Epic  Post #: 9
12/19/2013 20:05:31   
Thylek Shran

Something tells me that the 10x factor has the potential to be another Omega desaster
because it will puzzle all players and makes calculations during duels more difficult.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 10
12/19/2013 20:14:09   
CN2025

it just adds a 0 -___- not difficult at all
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/19/2013 21:10:20   
AQWorldsFarmer

The higher hp/damage/defense is something i requested a while back. Its more of an increased interest/entertainment than actual balance.
love it.
Post #: 12
12/19/2013 21:36:07   
Xendran

Scaling means that there will be no more things like those useless DA levels back when DA was a thing. You couldn't get +8.3 damage, but now you'd get, for instance, +83.
Much more accurate for the percentage based skills, and ED was fundamentally broken with how low the numbers were before.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 12/19/2013 21:37:35 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
12/19/2013 21:51:11   
Jekyll

It's a nice change with the large numbers. Removes the need for rounding up or down which severely impacts percentage-based skills. I have not played ED in about 20 days now, and I will pop by after this update to see how it has changed.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/19/2013 23:57:15   
King FrostLich

Time to bring a calculator from now on.
Epic  Post #: 15
12/20/2013 4:11:10   
kosmo

doesnt sound much like a real balance change;
whatever if the proportion between skills and hp/ep gets alterated this may be helpfull.
for the rest evrithing looks great, even if not explained well.
Epic  Post #: 16
12/20/2013 6:16:38   
DarkDevil

quote:

This part of Legendary mode is still in development and will be fully-released after the new year. This is partially because we want to make sure enough players have reached level 40 before turning it on,

i don't think 10 days will be enough unless they make it need 100 per lvl which i don't think will be good.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
12/20/2013 7:51:00   
Scyze

This update doesn't affect luck; some players are just too lucky and it's hard to even understand why.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/20/2013 8:03:54   
Steel Slayer

quote:

Can we get a confirmation whether Armor Annihilator = Necrosis? The two sound very much alike and it may be misleading for some, who plan on buying the promo and expect unique Bot (if they own the Black Abyss Bot). Thanks.

I was gonna ask the same thing, Trans beat me to it:)

quote:

I've asked about the new Bot's core, on the livestream:

quote:

Nightwraith_EpicDuel: Armor Annihilator is more like Yeti Chomp, but for Armor

And he already got an answer, nice work Trans. My only further question on this would be, will this only disable the armor's cores, like chomp does, or will it also disable the defense and resistance of the armor? I cant imagine it would remove the stat points.

Also: how will Level 40 effect skill trees? I mean, we've had the same number of skills at least since the level cap was 33, even at 36, with a lot of builds I find myself with extra skill points. With 4 more points, there won't be ANY need to carefully choose your skills, just take all of them.

Also: has anyone heard anything yet on changes to focus? I remember reading somewhere they were gonna try to get that in.
Epic  Post #: 19
12/20/2013 8:12:09   
Scyze

@Steel Slayer,
The Cores will not be affected. The only thing that is going to be effected is the defences the Armor gives. So if my Armor gives me +10 to Resistance, that will get lowered or removed for a few turns.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/20/2013 8:20:46   
martinsen5

It should definitely be an option to not have to use all your skill points, or they could always give us more skills to play with but I don't see that happening any time soon.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/20/2013 8:21:31   
AQWorldsFarmer

I think it means that the defenses the armor gives you is gonna be taken away completely for a few turns.
Post #: 22
12/20/2013 8:23:26   
martinsen5

@AQWorldsFarmer, Wouldn't that make Black Abbys Bots superior to the Blood Hawk..? Really hope that's not all it does :(
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/20/2013 8:23:48   
Steel Slayer

@Scyze, If that's true, this would amount to being a weaker version of Black Abyss bot, which can take up to 12 points from Defense AND Resist at the same time(total of 24), while armors at level 40 are most likely gonna be a total of 12, maybe 13 points. I really hope they aren't going that way with it, I'd rather it was just the cores, that would be something new and unique and strategic, not just ANOTHER way to debuff defenses.
Epic  Post #: 24
12/20/2013 8:45:21   
Scyze

This new Core isn't really stronger than Necrosis. Necrosis, if you don't know, doesn't remove the Armor's defences. What Necrosis does is act like a de-buff; it does not remove the Armor's defences. Overall, Necrosis is only useful if the opponent doesn't have high Armor defences but Necrosis does affect both Defense and Resistance.

< Message edited by Scyze -- 12/20/2013 8:46:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= December 19th, 2013 - A Legendary Release
Page 1 of 1112345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition