Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mark of Blood (too good or too cheap to use?)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Mark of Blood (too good or too cheap to use?)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/25/2013 16:11:56   
santonik

Mark of Blood (too good or too cheap to use?)

quote:

With:

Skill Level
Level 1: 15% Damage to Health
Level 2: 18% Damage to Health
Level 3: 20% Damage to Health
Level 4: 22% Damage to Health
Level 5: 24% Damage to Health
Level 6: 26% Damage to Health
Level 7: 28% Damage to Health
Level 8: 30% Damage to Health
Level 9: 31% Damage to Health
Level 10: 32% Damage to Health

Cool Down: 3 Turns
Requirements
Class: Blood Mage
Bounty Hunter
Level: 2
Energy:

150 Energy (+10 per skill level increase)
Level 1: 150 Energy
Level 2: 160 Energy
Level 3: 170 Energy
Level 4: 180 Energy
Level 5: 190 Energy
Level 6: 200 Energy
Level 7: 210 Energy
Level 8: 220 Energy
Level 9: 230 Energy
Level 10: 240 Energy

Stat:
24 Technology (+2 per skill level increase)
Level 1: 16 Technology
Level 2: 18 Technology
Level 3: 20 Technology
Level 4: 22 Technology
Level 5: 24 Technology
Level 6: 26 Technology
Level 7: 28 Technology
Level 8: 30 Technology
Level 9: 32 Technology
Level 10: 34 Technology

That's what I think about this. Str build will get more benefit from this than from normal heal. Without having to interrupt the attack. Let us remember this the Mark of Blood to give the rage as well. it is useful enough. This costs very little. max lvl only pay 240 energy and 32% Damage to Health is a big benefit.
It would be good if it would cost more energy.

Unfortunate if this skill make stronger or weaken, then the other might gain unfair advantages / disadvantages.

What if each would have their own Mark of Blood moves. (Bounty hunter for the worse version than bloodmage)

Boynty could be lower. because it has the debuff. And, correspondingly, bloodmage more effective or less expensive to use.
Epic  Post #: 1
12/25/2013 16:16:26   
GearzHeadz

Its also situational. It is only as good as the damage being dealt. If you aren't dealing good damage, then it won't do you much good.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/25/2013 16:31:04   
Mother1

They made it cost cheap to compensate for the fact that they took away bloodlust when the passives to active change happened. Plus as Geazheadz mentioned it is only as good as the damage you deal. Just because one build works best with it doesn't mean we need to increase the energy cost for all.

Instead of making the move more expensive and still having strength builds get the best out of it, how about we take care of the actual problem which are strength builds themselves.

Besides most players using strength builds are just using them for fast wins to level up.
Epic  Post #: 3
12/25/2013 16:39:06   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Mother

I agree with Mother, as all may know I primarily focus on strength builds, been that way since forever but now strength build abuse as reared its ugly head once again. I'm currently sporting 66+33 strength and I simply bulldoze through any opponent in 1v1, even more so thanks to hatchling. My biggest weakness are other strength build users, primarily BM and BH.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 12/25/2013 16:40:31 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/25/2013 16:42:53   
santonik

I am assuming that you are using a lot of marks of blood whit smoke.
It is insanely powerful.
Epic  Post #: 5
12/25/2013 16:43:58   
GearzHeadz

Not really insanely. If the enemy throws a shield up, it is easily countered. Also draining the hunter before he can use it can also prevent it from happening.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/25/2013 16:45:48   
santonik

Merc hybridshield is too weak that countering.
Epic  Post #: 7
12/25/2013 16:49:29   
GearzHeadz

That class has weaker shields because of its strong offensive capabilities, but are none the less, still shields.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 12/25/2013 16:50:21 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/25/2013 17:05:41   
Mother1

@ gearzheadz

Also hybrid armor unlike other shields is immune to heart attack and azreal's torment and with the nerf to offensive debuffs while buffs are the same as previous phases Buffs > debuffs.
Epic  Post #: 9
12/25/2013 17:07:36   
GearzHeadz

Another good point.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/25/2013 17:10:47   
santonik

quote:

That class has weaker shields because of its strong offensive capabilities, but are none the less, still shields.

----If i make my build offensive then yes my hybridshield is pretty useless.

----if i make super tank. i cant stop damage prety well but it cost always somethin. max lvl hybrid cost 290 energy it is very high sum.
i lost my attacks. no stregth or support (i strongly feeling bunkker and surcical strike is nerfed littlebit)

---if im 4-5 focus. i cant counter smoke and mark of blood. not even i using my sheild and intimitade same time. If i make max lvl shield i lose too much energi to end match. i lose. Attackers gain too much rage too. Because im tank.

--- This is different thinking way. If im play boynty. i can make 2-3 different debuffs and blood of mark move. it give very powerful combo. Shield is pretty useless against those multi debuffs. defender player must heal and take more defences somehow. defender player dont get rage. but attacker gain 2-3 faster. Even attacker is minimum support.
Epic  Post #: 11
12/25/2013 17:45:10   
Teserve

@above
You seem to be talking about hybrid armor and rage not MoB.

Also
quote:

if i make super tank. i cant stop damage prety well

If you have lots of defenses, then you can stop lots of damage. Though I agree, HA is a little pricey.

quote:

If im play boynty. i can make 2-3 different debuffs and blood of mark move.

BH only has one debuff IIRC.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/25/2013 18:02:37   
santonik

quote:

BH only has one debuff IIRC.

Yes this is correct.

hhhmmm..

But

Basically game has many debuffs. (smoke,malf, necrosis,Omega Override,Armor Annihilator )

Attacker can be 3 debuffs and mob. (every skill last 3 turn)

quote:

if i make super tank. i cant stop damage prety well

my mistake this. this is rigth.
if i make super tank. i can stop damage pretty well.

My english isnt perfect always. (so dont be sarcastic to me for that)
Epic  Post #: 13
12/25/2013 18:08:08   
GearzHeadz

Yes, but that would have to assume your enemy has one of those weapons or bots, and wouldn't have to do with balancing BH itself.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/25/2013 18:54:00   
Teserve

@santonik
But class balance is independent of core balance.

quote:

Attacker can be 3 debuffs and mob. (every skill last 3 turn)

But the BH/BM (remember this is a shared skill and BM doesn't have a defense debuff) will only get one attack of MoB with the three debuffs, and then one with two (or three if renewed), ect. And they won't have the EP to sustain three debuffs for that long probably, and the player might have to heal and break the loop of debuffs.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I just didn't realize that was what you meant.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/25/2013 19:10:50   
santonik

quote:

I wasn't being sarcastic, I just didn't realize that was what you meant.

I'll try this means.

the str boynty attacking. Mark of blood to keep it alive as well. If boynty has used the smoke. so boynty hunter damage increase. it is right down the mob will also improve. it is said that boynty can do 400-600 damage easily. It when to take that 32% of it is a lot and cheap to use.

(400-600) x0.32 = 128-192 heal per turn.

3x128-192 = 384 to 576 (this is a really good heal)
Very powerful whit high str and smoke.

This is what I'm trying to describe.
Epic  Post #: 16
12/25/2013 20:07:54   
Altador987

i understand you're upset but you can't punish a class on an extremely specific build, honestly i simply think the armor shields need to cost less and that'd solve a few problems as they're very good if you know how to use them
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/25/2013 20:18:21   
Teserve

@santonik
Thank you for the clarification.

It has been calculated (back when people were complaining about BM's and their raged bludgeon) that the regain over the course of the battle is about that, 300-600. That damage might be a litte too high, maybe from 300-400 (in my experience I was doing 20-30 [happened before the "x10 era"]).

quote:

It when to take that 32% of it is a lot and cheap to use.

Yes, the devs reduced the cost by quite a bit, I think maybe now a little too much.

A counter is that BH regain was nerfed now from 50% regain to 30% regain. This means that if they have little EP they can't easily get much more, so if you drain them they can't do the triple debuff combo, or if you drain enough you can stop them from using MoB or Smoke. Another method is outlasting smoke.

@Altador987
I agree, shields are very effective, if a tad overpriced.

< Message edited by Teserve -- 12/25/2013 20:20:06 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/25/2013 21:25:36   
Pemberton

It's too cheap compared to other "old passive" skills turned active. Mark of Blood is always useful for 3 turns.
Old passive armors turned active are situational and cost too much more energy. Does not do damage. Increases rage for enemy. No rage for you.
And don't even give me that excuse, it's 4 turns (because the 4th turn is usually rage ignored) and that other weak excuse, azrael don't affect armor shields,
because that is a rare core and you don't base balance on just 1 rare core.
Post #: 19
12/25/2013 21:32:57   
GearzHeadz

Not always. Enemy can put on uber defenses or always infect you with those spiderlings.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/25/2013 23:10:59   
Teserve

@Pemberton
Yeah, I agree. I always see people saying that the armor's high EP cost is justified by not being affected by Azrael stuff, even certain people who before P2A were saying that you can't base balance off of a rare core.

@above
That is using a core (core balance not class balance) and a specific build. Players should not have to use a single type of build to get a decent ratio.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/25/2013 23:14:10   
GearzHeadz

Never said either of those. Most classes have shields and can use them too. If you choose not to use the defenses put in your class, then you should expect to be beaten by those of which you can not defend yourself from.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Mark of Blood (too good or too cheap to use?)
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition