Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Would we have more players if we increase wins?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Would we have more players if we increase wins?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/30/2013 10:32:20   
Mysterion.

I would have to say no.

For one simple reason:
The records stand for PvP battles, not PvE.

Make seperate records and you don't hear me complaining, but it should not in any way count to your PvP wins, since, simply, it are not PvP wins.
Everyone can smash up robots that always do the same.
Epic  Post #: 26
12/30/2013 13:52:59   
GearzHeadz

Indeed, a separate record would probably be the best solution. That and make exp be able to be earned from npcs at all levels, but as long as they are in the 5 level range, but only making the exp gained half the normal amount.

As for increasing 'wins' for PvP, why not just increase the exciting of playing? Thus making wins more enjoyable. My solution to this would be PvP drops, but the drops would be the gems that are dropped from bosses. The rates don't have to be high, but them just being there and receiving one on occasion would make players happier with winning.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 12/30/2013 13:53:34 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
12/31/2013 9:34:53   
Buffy A. Summers

Adding NPCs Into Random 1vs1 And 2vs2 Battles (As Was Done In The Infernal War) Is A Horrible Idea.

That Would Alter And Effect The Overall Play Style Of All The Battles Then.

It's Also Not Committing Either Way. If You Want To Have The Option Of PvE, It Needs To Be Apart From The PvP Battle Pool.

Now, My Suggestion, So That Players Can't Abuse This For Both Individual And Faction Purposes, Is To Limit The Amount Of "NPC Wins" Per Day, To Something Very Low Like 15-30 Wins.

Also, I Would Have The Influence Gained For NPC Wins Be Something Very Low, Like Only 1 Influence Per Win.

That Gives Players A Chance To Have A Small PvE Option And Still Contribute To Their Factions And Personal Records Without Abusing The Daily Leaderboards Or Padding Their Records Too Easily.

Moving Forward, If Epicduel Is To Stay Alive And Not Have Server Numbers Continue To Drop, I Really Think Bringing Back A Partial PvE Option Can Only Help The Game.

As Far As Making Super Jacked Up NPCs, I Think That's Ridiculous As Well. If It's Only 15-30 Wins And 15-30 Influence Per Day... Keep Them As They Are, And Add RAGE To Give Them A Bit More Of A "Luck" Chance To Win.

Games Are Not Meant To Be Complicated And Stressful ALL The Time. They Are Meant To Be Fun As Well.

Some Of Us Older Players Who Did NOT Abuse The NPCs/Brainwash For 150 Wins A Day, Simply Enjoyed Getting 5-15 NPC Wins And Logging Off.

Feeling Like We Contributed To Our Faction, Perhaps Testing A New Build Or Trying A New Look Or Weapon For Actual PvP Later. How Is That A Bad Thing?

Epicduel Has Gotten Way Too Serious Which Is Why So Many Older Players Left. Many Successful Games Have BOTH A PvP Option And PvE Option, So That A Player Can Actually Choose To Play The Way And Style They Want.

Not Being Forced To Endure The Latest OPed Class Exploit Or Being Forced To Buy The Latest Core To Be Highly Competitive In Their PvP Battles... Yet Still Be Able To Play And Contribute.

I Understand This Games Main Focus Is PvP, But it Doesn't Mean It Has To Be It's ONLY Focus. In General, PvP Promotes Negative Feelings Between Players And An Aggressive Nature.

PvE That Actually Counts, Is A Way To Enjoy The Game Without Having To Be Forced To Participate In Something That You May Not Be In The Mood Or Mindset To Do.

~ Buffy

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 12/31/2013 9:41:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/31/2013 9:52:32   
HydroMonk

It will B cool 2 C EXPerience when U kill NPC and not free win
Post #: 29
12/31/2013 12:54:12   
Scyze

@HydroMonk,
So you would like to see NPCs giving Experience and Credits when you beat them? I like the idea and I'm fine with it. It's not going to count to your record and the Developers don't have to make two different battle counters.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/31/2013 13:39:53   
HydroMonk

Yes mate
Post #: 31
12/31/2013 13:54:27   
GearzHeadz

I agree with the same as that, earning exp from npcs, but to prevent abuse on heavy farming them, I recommended having them give half the normal exp per level.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
12/31/2013 20:06:30   
darkllord233
Banned

Hallo, we will be able again to fight NPC for free wins? :o

~Vampi

Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ed.antonio.391?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Vampirul_ED

Comment,like,subscribe,watch and share my videos: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzXOUVaHUX8lTqQw7pmaDJQ
Epic  Post #: 33
12/31/2013 20:11:54   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Hallo, we will be able again to fight NPC for free wins? :o

No, because they have been removed for sake of PvP. It's a PvP game, not PvE. Free wins was the exact reason why they have been removed.
AQ Epic  Post #: 34
12/31/2013 20:13:41   
darkllord233
Banned

@Trans

Ohh, okay then.
Epic  Post #: 35
1/1/2014 1:05:15   
Pemberton

PvP is same with NPC. All is BH or TM with same builds, only worse, because I can't win OP builds.
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Would we have more players if we increase wins?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition