Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Tech Mage needs a nerf

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Tech Mage needs a nerf
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2014 10:50:32   
lionblades

This is because TM has the best energy input (best energy control) right now after static grenade nerf for BH.
I am using str BM right now and energy control is just terrible-TM is way superior in terms of str & caster builds.

AQW  Post #: 26
1/6/2014 10:51:07   
axell5

@trans i guess so it does't get abused by putting all ur stats into dex and tech equally and spamming plasma bolt/stun/multi/battery/assim, then heal loop and continue everything
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 27
1/6/2014 13:22:35   
Altador987

@trans sorry my statement might've been too general i think the fact that defensive stats can have offensive qualities is great but looking specifically at tech mages just about all of their attacks are based upon this principle (the bolt, the stun, the multi, supercharge, and even technician) which is why the tank synergy is so great because the synergies all work together too well, i think they overused the principle for the mages, noticed it and tried to have strength requirements for bolt and malf except with that much tech malf isn't necessary and a lot of strength isn't either when using a lvl 3 bolt, not to mention even though assimilation is based off strength at max can still take 190-200 mp or so
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/10/2014 15:02:52   
lampur1

Seems like im the worst tm ever. Cant get a 50% kd ratio. Heal loop the only build caster sux
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/10/2014 19:49:44   
Supreme Havox

Assimalation is blockable atm. But when you block it still takes energy it makes it unfair compared to Static smash. Not only does assimilation improve with something, when it's blocked it still steals the amount of energy you have the skill on based on your strength and skill points on the skill.
Post #: 30
1/10/2014 20:05:31   
Jekyll

I dislike how Assimilation is a guaranteed -200 EP for the opponent and +100 EP for the user.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
1/10/2014 20:06:15   
Mother1

@ Supreme havox

That is because Static smash works with percents where as Assimilation works with fixed numbers. Since static smash drain works based on a percent of your primary damage if it gets blocked it drains (Insert level percentage here) of the 15% which isn't much.

Assimilation on the other hand works the same way the old static did. Meaning as long as you connect and do damage you get the full amount. If blocks still negated all damage then nothing would be got but rage but since blocks don't negate all damage anymore this move's effect has a 100% change to drain energy.

Also Static smash works with the primary which means if your strength is increased then the amount the merc drains goes up as well.
Epic  Post #: 32
1/10/2014 23:20:38   
FrostWolv

@ Jekyll

Main thing about this skill is its an all in one move:

It deals 85% damage

It drain 200+ which can be improved by strength

It generates 100+ energy

It grants rage

The damage can be blocked but the drain and gain remains unaffected

Only requirement is Staff ... hence no stats requirement

Cool down for this skill is just 3 turn
Epic  Post #: 33
1/11/2014 8:45:05   
Calogero

You forgot to add, even with for example 10 energy left, if the person uses assimilation, it still drains the amount it can drain and get the
regain % of that amount even if you have little to none energy
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/11/2014 12:41:06   
Mother1

@ calogero

the same could be said of static grenade, static smasher, and energy parasite.

All energy drainer/gainers work like this not just assimilation.

As for assimilation it like static smash and static grenade obeys the laws of thermodynamics meaning if you have 2 energy left and I use assimilation I only get 1 energy back not the full 2.
Epic  Post #: 35
1/11/2014 12:56:13   
Calogero

Actualy Mother1

Parasite drains of the amount you still have left, so if the person has little to no energy left, I regain even less energy back.
When Assimilate is used, 10 energy remaining or not, the dude will drain half of the Amount it Can drain ignoring the amount
you have left. It's pulling out energy out of thin air.

I can't argue about Static Grenade or Static Smasher seeing I never used it but I know for a fact that Parasite is capped at the amount left
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
1/11/2014 12:59:00   
Mother1

@ Calogero

Sorry about that one with parasite, however the other two I have seen and I know they take whatever percent of the remaining energy left so if it is 10 energy static grenade takes 3, static smasher 6-7 (6 if rounded down 7 if rounded up) and 5 for assimilation.

Epic  Post #: 37
1/11/2014 13:37:55   
GearzHeadz

Static smash's effect can be blocked, unlock assimilation though.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 38
1/11/2014 14:14:09   
Mother1

@ gearheadz

that is because as I said before static smash's effect works with the percent of damage you would inflict where as Assimation works with fixed numbers outside of damage. Meaning if static smash is blocked it drains the percent of that blocked amount where as with Assimation as long as you do damage (which will always happen since block no longer negate damage) the number amount it drains will always go through.
Epic  Post #: 39
1/11/2014 14:17:04   
suboto

Change assibilation to no energy regain. Cause why should a energy take allow dmg+take energy+regain energy+cost nothing+is spammable+is oped with a str build
Thats the only thing wrong with tech mage and 95% of the community will agree the other 5% would be the supporters of the opedness. This shouldnt of been left alone like this for so long.
Also tm are even more oped with the heal core primary combo with this build.
Also with the plate armor combo as well.
Dont get me wrong i dont hate or dislike techmages but 1 build and 1 class should never dominate the game in anyway. Every class should put out a 70%+ win rate not a 95%+ win rate or only lose to lucky opponents.
Tech mage best class <~~needs nerf on assibalation skill
Another class thats questionable about opedness is ch 2nd top class <~~slight nerf on the super str/mass/vinom/hp/static combo build
Bounty hunter 3rd top class <~~kinda blanaced
mercenary 4th best <~~balanced
tlm 5th best <~~ (balanced other then needs buff to atom smash or skill change replaceing on field commander)
blood mage 6th <~~~(balanced Other then the energy take skill)

< Message edited by suboto -- 1/11/2014 14:36:34 >
Epic  Post #: 40
1/11/2014 14:29:01   
King FrostLich

This makes me laugh as Blood Mage. I get a slightly shorter win chance against heal loopers by level difference thanks to the stat + damage advantage.
Epic  Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Tech Mage needs a nerf
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition