Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(TLM) Balance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> (TLM) Balance
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/12/2014 17:24:32   
ED Divine Darkness

In this thread i will be talking about TLM. When they were created, the aim of this class was tanking, but now they fail at it. In this thread i will be discussing Balance issues with the tactical merc class.

. Venom Grenade is too powerful compared to venom strike. It is too efficient, and what i suggest is either nerfing it's power to 120 or increasing it's cost by 20, or maybe increasing it's cooldown to 2?

. Field Commander is just a weaker version of blood commander. An idea i think remorse. suggested, was to give it a bonus effect: increase healing effects by 30% when it is activated. I support this, but I have an idea of my own: 15% of damage taken for this ability's duration is converted to energy.

. Frenzy is useless, MoB is a better version. I think gearzhead's idea of a 25% chance crit would be good. Or maybe give it a small % ignore like maul instead of a crit chance?

. Bloodshield is rubbish, since from the last few updates and item releases, hp is vital. maybe make it more efficient eg; increase the resistance you get by 20% reduce the cost by 15%, and give it an ability which reduces the damage you take by 10%? or my old idea: CLICKY this idea is basically, sacrifice energy, for a shield that protects your hp for a set amount of turns.

. Atom smash could use gearzhead's idea of giving it 85% damage on enemy's hp, a bit like assimilate.

These are my ideas, tell me what you think!

(instead of all of this, we could just add smoke, lol)

< Message edited by ED Divine Darkness -- 1/12/2014 17:34:38 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/12/2014 17:30:11   
Remorse

Most of the ideas are fine.
I definitely agree to say frenzy having a small armour ignore.

Only thing a disagree with is the feild comander giving energy only because they already have battery having more major sources may make them OP like techies.

I also like the fact you nerf some stronger skills even though you want to buff them this to me proves thought is tacken with the ideas.

Good job.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/12/2014 17:32:10 >
Epic  Post #: 2
1/12/2014 17:34:16   
ED Divine Darkness

thanks for the feedback! ill alter the % regain from 30%, to a less abusable 15%.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/12/2014 17:57:54   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

Or maybe give it a small % ignore like maul instead of a crit chance?

This is a good idea. Not only will Tacs get another damage booster like maul, but with this way you wouldn't have to buff the % since you will already do good damage with the defense ignore.

quote:

Bloodshield is rubbish, since from the last few updates and item releases, hp is vital. maybe make it more efficient eg; increase the resistance you get by 20%

Hm, so like a weaker Plasma Armor, but just lasts longer. Seems like a good buff this class needs.

quote:

(instead of all of this, we could just add smoke, lol)

I'm personally against the idea that classes can share skills.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/12/2014 18:01:26   
Remorse

Tacs don't actually have maul anymore so have defense ignore on frenzy is a worthy buff.
Epic  Post #: 5
1/12/2014 21:40:00   
GearzHeadz

Yeah, I definitely agree on nerfing the toxic grenade, as I had said in countless other TLM balance threads. It has 5 advantages over venom strike: Unavoidable, no weapon required, no stats required, higher poison damage, 1 turn less cool down. You suggested giving it an increase making it deal less damage and increasing cost and cooldown. I think what it needs is to deal 120 poison damage instead of 130, and have another turn to cool down and a stat requirement similar to venom strike's.

For field commander I have some ideas as well.
1) Replace it with blood commander then go the route on the blood shield boost.
2) Replace it with smoke and then replace blood shield with technician.

Frenzy isn't useless, but I do agree it is underpowered currently, due to the cost it has for the amount returned. I do agree the 25% crit chance or perhaps an ignore of 20% of the enemies armor would definitely make this skill more usable.

Atom smash having 85% damage dealt with it would be good because it would then allow it to deal damage and grant rage, making it not a complete waste if blocked.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/13/2014 0:05:56   
Rui.
Banned

TLM is weak sause.. there is just no build that works..

i use battery mage/bounty/merc drain my energy for free... so battery is pointless.
Mineral armour useless cause if i dont invest dex.. it gives me nothing in return at lvl 10.. i tht shields were meant to protect ur weakness..
Blood shield.. lol.. it should give us 5x the health used.. like 100 health = 500 on shield.. this is just another useless skill
Venom... so useless cant kill brings hp down to 1...... can be healed out... and most of the players now use a ton of hp...
Fenzy.. another blockable useless skill needs club and energy,...
Flend commander.. waste of a buff and....
Double strike ... blockable useless skill again...
Surgical... never get to use it cuz energy always drained...

So just play another class... i guess...

We need so many clanges to this class.. when was the last time u saw a lvl 40 tlm ?
Post #: 7
1/13/2014 0:07:40   
GearzHeadz

Today. His name is Nogibigi. He is really good.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/13/2014 3:46:41   
CN2025

point taken :P
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> (TLM) Balance
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition