Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Hybrid/Mineral/Plasma Buffs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Hybrid/Mineral/Plasma Buffs
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/28/2014 6:20:53   
Xendran

The 15% mana back on reflex was removed because its counter part was technician which had no such benefit. This is a buff to every single ARMOR (not shield, ARMOR), and isn't a mana return it's mana damage.
Your argument makes literally zero logical sense.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 51
1/28/2014 7:19:08   
dfo99

We want each skill to have one clear primary goal - rabblefroth http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21510050

this was the reason for the 15% manaback of reflex boost be removed. doesnot matter if you will drain or gain mana or is armor or shield, this effects is the same of 15% of reflex boost and not is suported
Post #: 52
1/28/2014 7:23:58   
Xendran

I wasn't aware that people are incapable of changing their minds and that you are the official voice of the developers.
This is in the balance section, not the "Everything suggested here must have only one part" section.

Also, what about maul? It has both def ignore and stun, two different functions.
Frenzy has damage, AND lifesteal AND def ignore, three functions, one of which was added in the last patch.
Blood commander has strength boost and lifesteal, two functions, one of which was buffed recently.
Bunker buster has defence ignore, crit chance and damage
Cheap shot has defence ignore, crit chance and damge
Stuns kills have damage and stun

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/28/2014 7:26:07 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 53
1/28/2014 7:24:45   
Ranloth
Banned

Except... Xendran is right. The effect was not necessary due to Technician, and it got +2 Dex boost to compensate for the loss of it. Furthermore, the EP return was kinda useless if you take into account blockable attacks; Dex increases block chance, and EP return needed damage dealt. Not mentioning higher defenses = lesser EP return, so yeah, it was somewhat useless and contradictory.

That doesn't mean skills cannot have secondary, or even tertiary effects. The primary goal of Reflex, is to give +Dex to the player. For Blood Commander, it's to increase your damage output and give HP back, at cost of lesser +Str bonus (compare BC to FC), but HP return depends on the Str boost and your damage (which Str increases). Likewise with Bunker and Plasma Cannon - these have whooping three effects; damage, defense ignore and critical chance - at what cost? Lesser damage than pure damaging skills, to compensate for it.

Next time, do check what primary goal is and how these effects work(ed).

< Message edited by Trans -- 1/28/2014 7:27:36 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
1/28/2014 7:41:09   
dfo99

yes, i know that this facts is contradictory, but armor and shields is very similiar and stun, ignore dmg and lifesteal work like a bonus in atack. armor and shields is usually used to counter smoke and malf, with this effects the people can use to get the secondary effect (this all is supposition). anyway will make the merc, tlm and ch OP

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 1/28/2014 7:45:14 >
Post #: 55
1/28/2014 7:46:41   
Xendran

I gave tons of reasons as to why it will balance them and not make them OP, you have given none other than "just because".
Sounds to me like you're a tech mage or bounty hunter afraid of having some competition.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 56
1/28/2014 7:48:54   
Ranloth
Banned

How will it make Mercs/TLMs/CHs overpowered? You don't actually state a reason. Furthermore, Shields and Armors work differently - one requires high Dex/Tech to be effective, and other is effective with low Support and around Lvl 3-5 at most. Armors last a turn longer, but at cost of being less effective + having different mechanism behind it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 57
1/28/2014 7:54:35   
dfo99

i am blood mage permanently (lv 40 with 70% 1v1 win rate non varium)

i read only you first post.
Post #: 58
1/28/2014 7:57:42   
Xendran

If you have only read the first post, how can you accurately respond to a thread's worth of posts and explanations?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 59
1/28/2014 8:02:06   
dfo99

trans

shields requires usually 45 of suport for be useful in lv 3-5 and armors in same lvs requires only a moderatly def/res, also armor not is affected my azreal bot and bazzoka
Post #: 60
1/28/2014 8:04:49   
dfo99

xedran

i only post my opnion about you main post, now only answer you counter posts
Post #: 61
1/28/2014 8:08:03   
Ranloth
Banned

Using one core as an excuse to leave something imbalanced is wrong. Shall we buff all HP-restoring skills, because Hatchling Rush is too strong? I can use one core as an excuse to do so, right?

Oh, mind you, my L31 TLM has 72 Dex, Lvl 4 Mineral Armor, and I get +160 Defense. My Lvl 37 BM has 45 Support, Lvl 3 Energy Shield and gets +212 Resistance. Difference in cost is +20 EP more for Mineral Armor. Roughly, the defense gain is equal but at cost of +27 more stats being put in Dex.

Moderate is around Focus 5 requirement. High Dex/Tech is 80+, and abuse will be above 100-110+ (in my opinion). That's not moderate Tech/Dex which I've got, for a L31 TLM. I have less stats overall, mind you, compared to L36 or L40 player.
AQ Epic  Post #: 62
1/28/2014 8:16:01   
Xendran

I did nerf hybrid down a bit, 76% was too high, i've put it to the current 60% and slightly changed the progression. Check out the thread Mercenary 2.0 for a full class rebalance including changes that make swords usable.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 63
1/28/2014 8:29:53   
dfo99

trans

suport requeriment is very worse than dex, tech and str requeriment and you can reach a bigger effect if invest all equiped armor points in defense, not forgot of the 4 turns duration

i not use a core for buff or nerf nothing, i say for expose a advantage of armors against shields

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 1/28/2014 8:35:32 >
Post #: 64
1/28/2014 8:35:25   
Xendran

You still haven't explained how they would overpower the classes. You have described things that make the skill powerful, but not provided any reasoning as to why you believe they are TOO powerful.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 65
1/28/2014 8:47:50   
Ranloth
Banned

No one is telling you to max out the skill... My Lvl 4 Mineral Armor (and Plasma, on my CH) has 25 Dex/Tech requirement. Surely that ain't a lot, no? Or say Lvl 6 for more defense - 31 Dex/Tech isn't going to be difficult at Lvl 30+, same applies for Support.

quote:

also armor not is affected my azreal bot and bazzoka

quote:

i not use a core for buff or nerf nothing

That's two contradicting statements. First you use Azrael's Torment as an excuse, and now you say that you're not.

Also, what Xendran has said. Suggest something to make it weaker, and not overpowered - since you're claiming it's overpowered, without stating what is actually overpowered and why. Constructive feedback.
AQ Epic  Post #: 66
1/28/2014 8:54:43   
dfo99

xendran

the hybrid armor not have how atack the other defense/resistence type, if you can't use heals skills or cores probably will hit 30 or other minimal dmg and the rage drainer will broken the concept of rage, that was created to counter tank builds, the 30% and 50% effects will make the shields too weak compared to this, you suggest about this is absurd.

the plasma and mineral also not have a counter to this if the oponent not have a correct build. the damage reflected will make the heals and mana drainers skills be more needed

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 1/28/2014 9:14:33 >
Post #: 67
1/28/2014 9:04:35   
dfo99

trans

i write wrong this

also armor not is affected my azreal bot and bazzoka
also armor not is affected by* azreal bot and bazzoka

i not use a core for buff or nerf nothing
i not say that* core for buff or nerf nothing
Post #: 68
1/28/2014 9:18:00   
Xendran

First of all, i will not repeat the counters for these skills that i have listed in this thread already. It's your responsibility to read the entire thread before saying things that have already been addressed.
Secondly...

quote:

the 30% and 50% effects will make the shields too weak compared to this, you suggest about this is absurd.

The 30% effect is a GIANT disadvantage to the person using hybrid. You probably think that the attacker has to pay energy against the merc. That's wrong. The mercenary with hybrid armor active must repay nearly a third of the cost every time they want to use attacks during the effect.
Not only that, but if you use it to buff up your partner, their attacking ability during it now relies on YOUR energy. Sure, it makes you unbelievably hard to deal damage to, but it also severely limits your own damage output.

Actually, i forgot about that effect and for this reason i'm rebuffing hybrid back up to 76%.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/28/2014 9:24:26 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Hybrid/Mineral/Plasma Buffs
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition