Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Intimidate

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Intimidate
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/17/2014 7:23:50   
Calogero

I feel as this debuff is one of the weakest ingame next to certain cores.
It's easely countered, hasn't got much use seeing even against a STR build it doesn't really
do much unless you start spamming it in combination of shields and etc.

This really needs somewhat of a buff so I'd like to hear some suggestion as in how this can be
done without overdoing it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/17/2014 7:41:21   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

• [BM/Merc] Re-work Intimidate to reduce all incoming damage from weapons by a fixed %'s.
    • Weaker than pure reduction of Strength, which affect Primary and Guns, to compensate for weakening Auxes.
    • More powerful on builds that abuse Strength and/or Support but would have a cap for damage reduction, to prevent abuse.

• Or just keep it on Primary + Gun, and stronger debuff since it wouldn't focus on Auxes.

It'd fit Merc's skilltree a lot more, especially since they lack defensive skills and HA is... bad. BMs could use it too - anything is better than a useless skill, in its current state.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 2
    1/17/2014 7:59:31   
    Calogero

To this day forward, I still don't understand why they gave BloodMages Intimidate.
    Energy Shield and Reflex Boost are already avaiable on the class which pretty much do the same
    as Intimidate except it reduces incoming damage of all types and not just Str

a % damage reduction from weapons would be good. Are Robots included in these ' weapons ' or just Primary, Gun and Aux?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    1/17/2014 8:03:51   
    Ranloth
    Banned

The more skills/weapons are affected, the weaker the debuff would be. Wouldn't be up to me - as long as the skill isn't garbage, that's all I care for. Either way, it needs a massive overhaul.

Perhaps BMs were supposed to be somewhere between TMs and BHs; some offensive skills of BHs (coupled with BL/MoB) and tankiness of Casters (hence why Intimidate). It was useful before Strength was nerfed multiple times, and the skill took indirect nerfs every single time. <.<
    AQ Epic  Post #: 4
    1/20/2014 20:16:28   
      Exploding Penguin

quote:

To this day forward, I still don't understand why they gave BloodMages Intimidate.
    Energy Shield and Reflex Boost are already avaiable on the class which pretty much do the same
    as Intimidate except it reduces incoming damage of all types and not just Str

a % damage reduction from weapons would be good. Are Robots included in these ' weapons ' or just Primary, Gun and Aux?

It was good synergy at the time (can't say for now, but at the time it was). Considering you strike while using intimidate, that 3-5 damage reduction on strength-based attacks mixed in with added rage and lifesteal from blood lust made intimidate very useful in delta. It also had a low energy cost causing BM focus to overall be ridiculously effective in the endgame where only energy in small amounts existed in the players' energy pools.

The thing that BM had going for it was that it could handle fights very well where both the opponent and the BM had little to no energy. One way the BM did this was by using its low-costing skills like intimidate and energy shield to waste energy of the opponent by tanking them out, and then pulling out the deadly aim + blood lust combo for an easy win in the endgame, especially with bludgeon's low energy cost and strong damage as well.
    Epic  Post #: 5
    1/20/2014 23:36:29   
    Pemberton

There are too many ways to get around intimidate. It's a defensive move.
    Smoke and Malf are offensive and defensive moves and you have to react to it.
    Post #: 6
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Intimidate
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition