Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= January 17th, 2014 - Patch Notes - 1.6.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 17th, 2014 - Patch Notes - 1.6.1
Page 1 of 612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/17/2014 19:46:41   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

quote:

January 17, 2014
Patch Notes - 1.6.1

NEW CHANGES / FEATURES
  • Revontheus NPC added to Valestra’s Arcade
  • 36 New items now for sale at Revontheus
  • Nulgath Bike moved to Revontheus from Caden
  • 5 new Winter rares added to Hank in Frysteland
  • NPC changes
    • NPCs now grant experience at all levels. NPCs lower than your level grant less experience.
    • NPC wins are now tracked if the fight granted experience and Credits
    • Several NPCs have had their levels changed to fill level gaps
  • Losses
    • We feel that publicly showing losses and win percentages can discourage players from battling or trying new builds. We’ve also opted to not track NPC losses since we want NPCs to be a very low-stress environment where you can freely experiment without feeling obligated to win every time.
    • Losses are no longer shown when viewing another player’s stat page
    • Win percentage is no longer shown on win-based leaderboards
    • Losses against NPCs are never displayed to encourage build testing
BUGFIXES
  • Zeuszooka seems a tad bit of space from back. With petite armors more visible
BALANCE
  • Static Grenade
    • Static Grenade is currently draining a bit too much energy at once. The energy gain effect felt about right, so we increased the percentage to keep it about even.
    • Lowered base energy drain to 95-220 from 100-250
    • Energy gain increased to 35% from 30%
  • Toxic Grenade
    • Toxic Grenade was a little too spammable in the case of the opponent cleansing the poison, so we’re increasing the cooldown; we also want the initial damage to feel meaningful so we increased the damage there.
    • Increase initial damage to 85% from 70%
    • Increase cooldown to 2 from 1
  • Venom Strike
    • Poison damage increased by 10 at all levels
  • Assimilation
    • Lowered base energy drain to 70-150 from 70-170
  • Battery Backup
    • Lowered base energy gain to 190-325 from 200-350
  • Plasma Bolt
    • Tech Mages are outperforming the other classes at every level; we want to bring them more in line across the board by lowering the damage on their main spell.
    • Lowered damage by 15 at all levels
  • Blood Commander
    • Blood Commander feels a bit lackluster in general, so we’re giving it a bit of a boost, especially to the amount of lifesteal.
    • Increased Strength by 2 at all levels
    • Increase lifesteal percent to 60% of Strength gain from 40%
  • Intimidate
    • Intimidate is another skill that feels a bit underpowered, so we’re giving it a lowered Energy cost and nudging up the effect.
    • Lowered Energy cost to 95-230 from 100-280
    • Increased Strength debuff by 2 at all levels
  • Hybrid Armor
    • Increased buff by 10% at all levels
  • Field Commander
    • Along with Blood Commander, we felt this skill needed to be a bit stronger to justify its use.
    • Increased Strength gain by 5 at all levels
  • Blood Shield
    • Blood Shield has long been a skill that is hard to justify using in most cases. A flat Health cost at all levels keeps the cost reasonable, and we’ve increased the effect to make it more useful in general.
    • Change to flat health cost
    • Increase base Resistance gain to 50-150 from 40-130
    • Now improves by +1 every 4 Support
  • Frenzy
    • Frenzy wasn’t quite granting enough Health to feel as satisfying as we wanted, and Tactical Mercenaries were lacking in tools to ignore a target’s defense.
    • Added 10% defense ignore
    • Removed Club requirement
  • Fireball
    • Blood Mages are currently underperforming at most levels, this should give them a general boost in power.
    • Increased damage by 10 at all levels
  • Smoke Screen
    • We wanted to pull some of the free high level power from Smoke Screen given how well Bounty Hunters scale with this skill.
    • Slowed stat scaling to +1 every 5 Tech from every 4 Tech
Tags: Nightwraith
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/17/2014 19:49:03   
toopygoo

LOVING THE CHANGES AND HIDDEN LOSSES! IM SO PUMPED!!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/17/2014 19:55:09   
Virtual Earthquake

Great, I wanted my losses seen by my partners, and now there's just a big blank space where they should be :/
I only like 2 of the weapons from Revontheus: The Mallet of Tyranny and the Great Wind Blades or something, the rest look hastily crafted.
Due to this update I think only more people will quit now because hardcore players like their full records shown, and now just a blank space.
I believe that Epic Duel has officially (if not already) hit rock bottom, and I refuse to suffer the consequences.
Bye bye, I quit.
Post #: 3
1/17/2014 19:56:10   
Nexus...

Bringing viable PvE back is a good first step to improving balance. This allows people to test out builds and level up without having to stress about being beaten by another player. Removing losses is another good step up in my opinion. It also removes a lot the stress of PvP from the game, and allows people to enjoy their builds rather than structure them to win. Of course there is still much to be done, but this update has done wonders (in my opinion) to improve the state of the game.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 4
1/17/2014 19:57:17   
Hun Kingq

They got static grenade correct but what about EMP.

Toxic grenade was just fine as it was there was no need to increase initial damage.

Venom Strike was fine as it was

Blood Commander and Field commander was just fine as they were I have sen both used in battle but it quite clear that the staff has not.

Intimidation was underpowered since the beginning of time plus the only debuff skill that does not help any increase in damage and no skill to affect support..

Really a buff to Hybrid Armor, there was no need because it was just fine as it was, I have seen it used in battle but of course the staff has not.

Blood Shield is another skill I have seen used in battle and it work great only change should have been just health cost.

Smoke screen need a change but what about reflex boost because sometimes reflex boost failed like when I was smoked one time it was -36 I put on Reflex boost of +44 and the Hunter still got 200+damage on basic strike and the merc got 405 damage on Bunker.

Fireball needed a change since it was nerfed when that skill was weak already but I will test it at all strength levels but will that change be enough when only thing the Blood Mage has to boost that skill is stats.

One thing I have seen the most used especially in first strike is Bludgeon not by Blood Mages but by tech mages instead of malfunction in 2vs2 and that is a bit annoying when the Blood Mage has nothing to increase the power of Plasma Cannon but only the stats and I found that at tech 100 I get basically the same damage at tech 60.

Parasite is fine against the NPCs but against players it under performs compared to other energy draining/regaining skills.

What about the multis will something ever be done with those but at least with the merc and tact merc because it improves with support they also get damage with a weapon but with the Blood Mage they have no weapon that improves with Dex just another skill that uses energy to use even with max reflex boost, if your energy is not stolen you get very little damage to two players,

NPC change was needed because why not gain experience from the NPCs when it takes forever to gain experience from matches especially 2vs2 when a match can last 30 minutes or longer.
Epic  Post #: 5
1/17/2014 19:57:28   
Xendran

As long as i can still see my own losses, fine.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
1/17/2014 19:58:11   
edwardvulture

I can finally play my CH again. I'm going to take a screenie of his battle record, then I'm going to wreck it because other people won't be able to see it anymore.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
1/17/2014 20:01:56   
GearzHeadz

-Static grenade. Eh change is reasonable.

-Toxic grenade. Now did it really need the damage buff? Still has unblockable and no stat or weapon requirements over venom strike... Oh well... At least they did listen to my points and tried to change it.

-Venom strike. Well that's good, give it some more ground on toxic grenade.

-Assimilation. Yeah, a change was needed. Let's see if this helps any.

-Battery Backup. This will help with TM energy control, but I'm worried on how it will be with TLMs.

-Plasma bolt. Yeah, was still pretty powerful.

-Blood commander. Well, I think 50% would of been fine, but oh well. Was the increase str needed though?

-Intimidate. Good job on this one. Was needed.

-Hybrid armor. 10% is a bit much... Guess we'll see.

-Field commander. Yeah, at least it is now stronger then blood commander str wise. I think it would of been better to place blood commander here though.

-Blood shield. This is good. Was a bit underused. Hopefully it gets more usage.

-Frenzy. Hah! Yay! Another one of my ideas was looked at! Glad they gave it SOMETHING to make this skill more useful!

-Fireball. About time they gave this skill a buff! It was so weak.

-Smoke Screen. Another nerf... Yay...

Cool, lots of stuff at Rev.
Not too psyched about the NPC wins. Guess its no longer a PvP game anymore. Glad they gave them EXP though.
Oh well on the loses.
Overall, I'm glad on how much the staff actually listened to u with this update. I think it will significantly improve gameplay.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 1/17/2014 20:02:35 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/17/2014 20:13:12   
Goony
Constructive!

Nice, sneaking up on balance, so to speak... Nothing drastic, just some tweaks, the margin between class balance has closed with this update!

I am considering keeping my NPC battle record at 0, but I guess I'll have to do some for the missions and achievements ;)
Epic  Post #: 9
1/17/2014 20:59:22   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Currently, there are a number of popular builds; I wonder whom will be creating for countering those builds. Risk is now not exposed, so that means taking chances to create will now be most interesting. Calling on those build-masters. :)

< Message edited by Elf Priest JZaanu -- 1/17/2014 21:00:07 >

Retired EpicDuel In-Game Moderator/Player
Federation Elite: Infinite Ascendants
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/17/2014 21:02:33   
Xendran

Could you at least enable the option to turn on visible losses?
I like having my record showing.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
1/17/2014 21:05:44   
SlyCooperFan1

Would have loved to see these NPC kills before I started playing EpicDuel again last week and did all of the NPC missions. Ah well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/17/2014 21:12:35   
Ranloth
Banned

I've done 25 NPC fights already, and wasn't that bad. I'm yet to find out NPCs closest to my level + difficulty, but I may just switch to NPCs to level up. Losing isn't fun, and with all sort of PvP imbalance, I'd rather take it easy and do it at my own pace; during Power Hours.

At least until I get to Level 40, then it'll be fully PvP again. For now, NPCs for normal gameplay and PvP for missions (and on alts). Some incentive to log in now and not ragequit, heh.

Balance changes so far are decent. TLMs are finally a bit more viable, at least my L31 is, and don't suck as much - small buff to Frenzy and useable Blood Shield does make a difference. Boost to Intimidate, Blood/Field Commander is also good - they are a bit more useful now, especially Intimidate.
I'd hope TMs are now balanced, so they won't take any more nerfs. BHs should be good enough now too, and not need any more nerfs - under any form. My only complaint is Energy Parasite; just make it deal 85% damage and it'll be perfect. And keep an eye on Fireball, so it's useable but not abuseable again.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
1/17/2014 21:18:36   
edwardvulture

I wonder if Angels Holocaust comes back for this.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
1/17/2014 21:23:53   
Remorse

Liking the balance changes!!
Some of those changes have been needed for a long time.

Their is still a long way to go however I hope they don't feel like balance can now be neglected for a few weeks now because it is still far from sufficient.
Great work however.

In terms of the loses change.
I hope they make some way for us to see our daily win%s to compensate.

Also I feel we should be able to show our full records to people we chose.

Overall I am not too fussed and if it's what the people want then it's fine.

As long as I can still see me loses and if they make a way to show others if we wish then I'm fine with it.

Hopefully quick kill builds don't come too frequent.

Also I am annoyed NPCs count as wins again! !
Perhaps they can seperate NPC wins from PvP wins?

It's fine thay NPCs give xp back making them give wins is really silly.

Also daily 1v1 should definitely not include NPC wins terrible change.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/17/2014 21:30:05 >
Epic  Post #: 15
1/17/2014 21:36:23   
Ranloth
Banned

They are NPC wins... NPC =/= PvP, hence why they have their own category. :| If they added to the daily 1v1, they'd be added into 1v1 PvP Wins instead... >_>
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
1/17/2014 21:49:57   
edwardvulture

Wow my 156 support build on my ch just won 6 times in a row on 1v1. I'm seeing some under-equipped players and lower levels rising up from the ashes. And lost 2 2on2s time to retrain.

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 1/17/2014 22:03:48 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
1/17/2014 21:52:04   
Remorse

Thanks trans, I can't actually log on at the moment on holidays.
Epic  Post #: 18
1/17/2014 21:58:34   
Jekyll

Are there any NPCs for level 40s to fight?

I want to be able to play ED without having to focus on it too much, since I'm on other games as well.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/17/2014 22:00:27   
CN2025

night wraith is lvl 40 now he give the same xp as a fair 1v1 fight tho so no point farming them since pvp is faster

NOooooo rev key blade major disaapointment for me D: now ik theres no chance of it apprearing ingame since rev appeared already with items + oversoul arcade dont have it :/

< Message edited by CN2025 -- 1/17/2014 22:03:47 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/17/2014 22:18:26   
coolboyelazizy

GREAT PROGRESS EpicDuel team

unfortunately I can't play atm have exams

but the game seems more balanced.

EDIT : Can anybody tell me if the NPC wins counts towards ur daily cuz if it does it will be the only bad thing.

< Message edited by coolboyelazizy -- 1/17/2014 22:25:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/17/2014 22:33:39   
FrostWolv

Nice Update just two things I think over buff:-

quote:

Toxic Grenade
Toxic Grenade was a little too spammable in the case of the opponent cleansing the poison, so we’re increasing the cooldown; we also want the initial damage to feel meaningful so we increased the damage there.
Increase initial damage to 85% from 70%
Increase cooldown to 2 from 1

Isnt it same like Venom strike .... both deals 130 poison .... both have 2 turn cooldown ...... both costs 280 energy ..... both deals 85% damage ..... but Toxic Grenade needs no primary ?

quote:

Hybrid Armor
Increased buff by 10% at all levels

Wish Devs knew how good this skill is in 2v2 .... now it gets more buff

Npc grants exp is a very very nice move ----> now my friends how just joined ED will resume their game as they were perma-stuck in level 33-35

Revontheus why dont you have an aux !!!!!

Hope we see reworked Static Charge and Parasite next week!
Epic  Post #: 22
1/17/2014 22:49:57   
coolboyelazizy

quote:

quote:

quote:
Toxic Grenade
Toxic Grenade was a little too
spammable in the case of the
opponent cleansing the poison, so
we’re increasing the cooldown; we
also want the initial damage to feel
meaningful so we increased the
damage there.
Increase initial damage to 85% from
70%
Increase cooldown to 2 from 1

Isnt it same like Venom strike .... both
deals 130 poison .... both have 2 turn
cooldown ...... both costs 280
energy ..... both deals 85%
damage ..... but Toxic Grenade needs
no primary ?

U forgot that toxic grenade is unlockable.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/17/2014 22:52:10   
GearzHeadz

And that it has no stat requirements.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/17/2014 23:26:23   
edwardvulture

Now tlm has only one club move
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 17th, 2014 - Patch Notes - 1.6.1
Page 1 of 612345>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition