Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= January 17th, 2014 - Patch Notes - 1.6.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 17th, 2014 - Patch Notes - 1.6.1
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/24/2014 1:34:36   
Xendran

The same reason as always: They're afraid of upsetting players by taking things away from them. Imagine the uproar that would be caused if the leaderboards got completely changed.
If you're asking why they didnt separate them in the first place: Because at that point they considered having them count was the best decision.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/24/2014 1:35:52 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 101
1/24/2014 2:23:52   
Scyze

If they're afraid of upsetting the players, why did they remove NPCs counting for a long time? Now they have made it count towards something different. If the Developers are worried about upsetting players, then why did they remove Enhancements?

Brainwashing was available through Varium only, so maybe that's one of the reasons why the Developers are not willing to do this. I know that, if what you're saying is true, they can probably check how many times you brainwashed and how many times you beat the NPCs from brainwashing.
How do you expect the Developers to remove the battles you've had with NPCs? Doing it one by one or making a new set of codes which does it automatically?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
1/24/2014 2:51:03   
Xendran

quote:

If they're afraid of upsetting the players, why did they remove NPCs counting for a long time?

They didn't remove the wins you had already obtained. I said they don't want to flat out take things from players (unless absolutely required).

quote:

Now they have made it count towards something different. If the Developers are worried about upsetting players, then why did they remove Enhancements?

Because they were changing their game design philosophy and enhancements were a direct contradiction to their new ideals. They did a refund AND achievements as damage control, and it's not like they took away the wins from battles you would have lost if enhancements didn't exist (i know that's impossible, but you get what i mean). You kept the quick and increased number of wins that you paid for. It was also significantly more damaging to the game as a whole than NPC wins are and did not impact the permanent leaderboards.

quote:

How do you expect the Developers to remove the battles you've had with NPCs? Doing it one by one or making a new set of codes which does it automatically?

It's very easy (a little time consuming, but easy) to make automated code to remove these wins. The problem would be dealing with the amount of damage control that would be required, seeing as how the playerbase has already been decimated to extremely low numbers.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/24/2014 2:52:19 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 103
1/24/2014 6:05:48   
noremako

Just saying, Blood Mage is still underpowered as hell.

The developers didn't address its main issue, its inability to maintain heavy damage, unlike other classes.

For example, TM's can max Caster spells (mainly at lower levels) and with insane Energy manipulation, deal massive damage every 2 or 3 rounds. Bounty Hunters follow the trend of Smoke, MoB and have no need to go on the defensive with their crazy life steal and damage at the same time. Even Mercs now, and TLM's both have their own methods of achieving damage, patiently waiting out a few turns before using a Maxed out Surgical Strike, or slowly but surely depleting health with the Toxic Grenade.

BM's have nothing like these skills. Even MoB is rarely used as there is no Smoke or Malf to provide the ability to rack out massive damage. Fireball, with the current Energy Parasite, is a 1 use attack. Everything else can be deflected or miss.

Really, BM's would work wonders with either a damage increasing skill, a spontaneous Energy recharger that recovered Energy based on damage i.e. Static Charge.

Since BM's don't really work well with Field Medic, they generally have to keep attacking the enemy and hope that they waste a round having to heal or buff themselves, or rather, not.

BM's are EASILY counterable. Energy Parasite drains a portion of Energy for three rounds, where the enemy could use up their Energy and simultaneously rack out immense damage. Skills can be drained, and blocked, reduced by Smoke or Malf, reduced in damage (which is vital for BM's) and so on..

A one round, recharging and damaging skill would work very well. Possibly more Technology based skills, because currently, BM has little synergy with Technology skills, and Dexterity skills as well are basically less compatible Tech Mage skills.

BM would then finally be the brute force, no holds engine it was always meant to be.
Post #: 104
1/24/2014 6:55:27   
dfo99

quote:

Blood Mages are currently underperforming at most levels, this should give them a general boost in power.

few blood mages use fire ball in build. not is general
Post #: 105
1/24/2014 7:00:17   
Ranloth
Banned

Uh, MoB is used quite often... It's like one of the key skills for BMs, especially after it's had its cost reduced to make it more useable - and not necessarily maxed.

All BMs need is revamped Energy Parasite - mainly smaller penalty to damage, like Assimilation; 85% damage - and new Ultimate, which was promised for all evolved classes, as well as new Multis.
AQ Epic  Post #: 106
1/24/2014 7:08:33   
Xendran

Perhaps energy parasite could also regen 1.5* X% of energy used by the marked player.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 107
1/24/2014 7:11:29   
Ranloth
Banned

That... could work quite well. You can still counter it, and gives some compensation for the fact it relies on current energy - not total.
AQ Epic  Post #: 108
1/24/2014 9:17:22   
Calogero

Assimilate should not drain the max energy it can if it gets blocked...
The fact it does makes it OP...

Energy Parasite is Balanced on itself but because it has so many counters it is UP.

I'm still waiting for the New Ultimate Skill for BloodMages, I hope they didn't throw that from the table now that BloodLust doesn't exist anymore.

Intimidate... gosh even with the Buff, against Str builds it feels Pointless
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
1/24/2014 16:34:26   
Xendran

If you make assimilate's energy drain not work against blocks it will massively massively overpower dex casters to the point where they are literally the only viable mage build.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 110
1/25/2014 11:47:08   
Noobatron x3000

Bringing back npc wins and removing losses are probably the 2 smartest things they have done since gamma. However when people continue to complain about assimilate so it gets nerfed into the ground shifting the vastly OP class from mage to bh/ch things will begin to go downhill again. The only thing they really need to do now is fix the matchmaking system and this game just may have a future.

Seriously I do not expect to get a level 36 partner when im 38 against 2 legend rank 4 40s . Its ridiculous.

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 1/25/2014 12:51:28 >
Post #: 111
1/25/2014 13:18:18   
Scyze

Hiding losses have made no difference in how I play. Apparently I'm supposed to be having fun now, it's still the same though. @edwardvulture was wrong, like I thought, it hasn't made EpicDuel more fun for me.

< Message edited by Scyze -- 1/25/2014 13:19:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
1/25/2014 13:21:15   
Ranloth
Banned

Because it has a psychological effect on each individual player. The players won't be ridiculed by others due to their poor ratio, and then curse them or do whatever in the battle. Some players may be more keen to use experimental builds, because other players won't see their ratio, so losses may not even bother them.
AQ Epic  Post #: 113
1/25/2014 13:24:21   
Calogero

Scyze
Probably because:
1: You can still see your win/lose rate, which with this so called Legendary, only keeps dropping unless you are level 40 Rank 10, which get easy wins against lvl 35s...
2: Removing losses doesn't make you win more

In my whole ED Existence have I ever needed to NPC to level up and I was proud for that, I got my wins with being the underdog most of the times. Boy did that change
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
1/25/2014 13:34:11   
Scyze

@Trans and @Calogero,
When Omega went live, you (Trans) told me not to play for long hours (like before) until there were balance changes. *Something like that.* I told you that I didn't care about the win ratio, because this was Omega and I still don't to this day. I can see my win ratio, I no longer care if I lose 10 times in a row. I made a build and managed to get 40 or so losses just because it was the best thing I could do.

quote:

I know. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
1/25/2014 13:38:15   
Ranloth
Banned

Hence why you don't see any difference, Scyze. ;) Some players will, some won't. Personally, I don't see a difference either, but it saves me time by not having to listen to people go on about it in 2v2, which can be tiresome to read, when you're trying to play.
AQ Epic  Post #: 116
1/25/2014 13:50:11   
Scyze

The thing is, it's nearly the same people winning over and over again. I can see the same build once in a while, used by someone else. However, this, to me, isn't the Developers' fault, it's more like the cause of Omega. Most people (who had Varium) left because they didn't like Omega, and the advantage had gone. The Developers were happy that veteran players were returning, a lot of people were excited for Omega, but then left because the game changed a lot. As those players left, the amount of skilled and talented players also decreased.

There would be a lot of different builds in the past, some could be the exact copy, but the reason why they weren't common (IMO) was because of the players online at the time, who had different builds. There were Strength builds in the past, those differed by a little bit because people had different tastes. Now it seems like everyone has the same taste and therefore, they just copy builds, out perform others, and make the game less fun because of the recurring builds.

I don't blame balance or the Developers, I just blame Omega.
Yes the Developers made Omega, but I don't blame anyone. I only blame the changes of Omega.

@Trans,
I never really noticed players talking about the bad win ratio some other person had. I know one person in the community who made others feel bad because he had a good win ratio. I am not going to name him, you should know who he is. He once got 2,000 wins with 100% win ratio during the 10th Anniversary event. At least hiding the win ratio helps a lot of players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
1/25/2014 13:52:29   
Drianx

quote:

1: You can still see your win/lose rate, which with this so called Legendary, only keeps dropping unless you are level 40 Rank 10, which get easy wins against lvl 35s...

It's just like in real life; everyone is comfortable to show only the strengths, and keep the weaknesses for themselves.
quote:

No, but it makes you less frustrated because of it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 118
1/25/2014 13:57:44   
Scyze

quote:

quote:

This is only true if you care about how much you win or lose. The frustration still exists if you lose, doesn't it?

The good thing about Omega is, is that I'm used to losing. No longer do I act like an idiot and smash the keyboard.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
1/25/2014 14:17:28   
Calogero

quote:

I'll probably be selfish now but, I had a Good win % About 80% without any NPC or Build copying.
So wether you remove losses or not, It still feels frustrating for me to see my own Win % go down after
the work a person did to make it good.

And now We are yet again at that road of Unable to PVP because of the Devs not fixing the balance in the Legendary Ranks
Might I ask how a lvl 35 can beat not only a lvl 40 but a lvl 40 Rank +6 and above?

< Message edited by Calogero -- 1/25/2014 14:36:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 120
1/25/2014 14:33:36   
Scyze

The Developers didn't want to remove your win ratio because some people worked hard for it to be that high. I guess things have changed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
1/25/2014 14:33:42   
Noobatron x3000

quote:

And now We are yet again at that road of Unable to PVP because of the Devs fixing the balance in the Legendary Ranks
Might I ask how a lvl 35 can beat not only a lvl 40 but a lvl 40 Rank +6 and above?

They can't. Obviously even with repeated luck you would be massively up against it. 40s appear more often then they should and your basically dead. Simple as. Being smarter or more skilful will not save you. Your forced to die.
Post #: 122
1/25/2014 14:38:46   
Calogero

exactly and seeing they still haven't solved this makes me feel just as bad as when they kept Parasite broken for the amount of time it was broken.
It's things like these that need a fix as fast as possible and not when they feel like it

< Message edited by Calogero -- 1/25/2014 14:39:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
1/25/2014 14:50:52   
Drianx

As a lv35 you can't beat a lv40, just like a lv30 can't beat a lv35.
But now, if you don't want to feed free wins to cap level players (I don't), you can just as well NPC. It's not a shameful act but just another way of leveling up without frustration.
AQW Epic  Post #: 124
1/25/2014 14:54:51   
Scyze

At least it's not like the previous phases where a Level 30 could be a problem for a Level 35.

https://twitter.com/Scyze_ED/status/427169641899630592

< Message edited by Scyze -- 1/25/2014 15:03:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 17th, 2014 - Patch Notes - 1.6.1
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition