Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Option to show losses?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Option to show losses?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/18/2014 12:27:35   
Virtual Earthquake

Some people (like me) like their partners to see their losses, and I think it would be nice if we had an option maybe by the Character Page button to show losses or not.
Because without them there is just also a big blank space for someone to see and it looks pretty tacky :/
So maybe if there will be no showing losses option just make the amount of wins the normal size it was before the update for your opponent to see?
Post #: 1
1/18/2014 12:37:59   
edwardvulture

It would have to be a very high premium because the devs didn't want this to be a game where there were "better" players who flaunts their win ratios to discourage others from playing. There would also be tension as in: "oh! If you're so good how come you don't show your record."

Nvm... I misread your post I thought you were like, give an option to show loses to the public again.

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 1/18/2014 12:40:14 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
1/18/2014 12:40:29   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Could you at least enable the option to turn on visible losses?
I like having my record showing.
quote:

Will bring it up to see if it could be done. Can't make no promises for it however.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21578665
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
1/18/2014 13:46:05   
GearzHeadz

@Edward Vulture. It SHOULD be there. Just because some players do not like their records doesn't mean everyone shouldn't be able to show theirs.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/18/2014 14:05:08   
DarkDevil

on the other hand when this option is given none will hide his records cus hiding a 1% win ratio is more shameful than previewing it when everyone else is showing his.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 1/18/2014 14:06:37 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
1/18/2014 14:19:10   
GearzHeadz

It should still be an option either way. I think that most players will understand that only the extreme players will show their records.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/18/2014 14:45:24   
edwardvulture

This more this game leans towards competitive tendencies that correlate with elitism, the less players it will have.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
1/18/2014 14:50:04   
GearzHeadz

And yet there is no evidence. Before this update I saw loads of players with bad wins/lose ratios, myself included. It is acceptable and understandable since this is a PvP game, a game about competition. Most players left at the beginning of Omega not saying "Oh my lose record" but because of "of what horrible balance"
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/18/2014 16:00:12   
Drianx

quote:

This more this game leans towards competitive tendencies that correlate with elitism, the less players it will have.

True.
You don't have to force people to jump into competition by not giving them any escape from being punching bags first.
It is much wiser to allow them to taste NPC-ing through levels (or PVPing without any pressure) and slowly build their own game experience, and then they will eventually join the competition by their own will.
Now Epicduel needs some cool endgame incentives, and it really starts looking good.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/18/2014 16:02:30   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Now Epicduel needs some cool endgame incentives, and it really starts looking good.

Balancing the Legendary Mode - mainly matchmaking - and improving it overall; different bonuses, such as empowering specific type of skills or w/e, and it could be good.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
1/19/2014 19:34:55   
Buffy A. Summers

I Support Having The Option And Choice To Allow Your Record (Losses) To Be Seen.

Why Would That Be A Bad Thing If A Player Decides To Do That Themselves?

Public View Or Private View. Simple Enough.

~ Buffy

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 1/19/2014 19:35:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/22/2014 6:55:56   
noremako

Supported.

Player flaunting doesn't seem to be much of a problem, generally heated discussions about wins and losses erupt from mentioning such matter and most players who lack high wins don't discuss these matters.

This would be a large aesthetic improvement, and it also allows people to see the effectiveness of builds, as well as players.
Post #: 12
1/22/2014 18:08:52   
lionblades

Supported.
Plus, it helps judge your 2vs2 partner if you should listen to them etc.
AQW  Post #: 13
1/23/2014 9:34:13   
Mysterion.

quote:

competitive tendencies

Wauw, I dunno but alot of gamers play games to be one of the best, you know.
What's the point o trying to win so much if they don't show how you got those wins, and there is no way in proving you are better then another?

The whole game is supposed to be competitive buddy, that's why it's a PvP based game. -_-
If they don't want this to be a competitive game, they should remove the leaderboards aswell, because that is also competitive.

So yes, please make it possible to show it.

< Message edited by Mysterion. -- 1/23/2014 9:42:35 >
Epic  Post #: 14
1/23/2014 18:49:37   
CN2025

print screen then post it on fb or something
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/23/2014 19:08:22   
Emperor_Blitz

Just saying but record doesn't mean anything for those who think it does.
Epic  Post #: 16
1/23/2014 20:29:05   
GearzHeadz

It does to them and their fellow competetitive players.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/24/2014 11:17:52   
Supreme Havox

Well, I don't think not showing losses is a bad thing, players can harass you freely with no prove of your losses, I say make it possible to show it.
Post #: 18
1/24/2014 15:19:25   
edwardvulture

When I made my suggestion "Omit losses...." I didn't think for myself. I was thinking of new players that enter the new grinding zone that "legends" create and decide to quit because they were accumulating too much loses. Had the full extent of my suggestion been implemented...players would be able to erase loses completely and gain achievements based on win rates instead of having a ratio. That would have been enough to compensate for people who feel like competitive aspects of this game has been put in jeopardy.
The fact of the matter is, that if you want to keep a "good" record, you're forced to used a build that someone else already has. This is completely due to balance. When losses were omitted, players couldn't copy the "dominant" build that came with the people with elite ratios unless they decide that they wanted to use it for themselves.
And really, has anyone quit because losses were omitted? You yourself said you would. but did you? I've personally seen some players come back from the latest update. I do not think they stayed however..

As for build diversity, I think omitting loses has increased it somewhat this is from personal experience. NOT at the legends cap though. You still see most 18 support TM's/bh's, dex TM's, and 5 focus builds.

If players were so given the option again to show their ratio. then those with the 200 loses to 500 wins etc. would have their builds copied at a slightly higher rate and would once again decrease build diversity.

Now, the only problem I have with this is the void that would be created by players who choose to show their ratios and players who don't. I mean the only reason I came back to playing my CH was knowing that ratios don't matter anymore. I knew that the balance of all classes were not even close.

I would only support this on the condition that balance would be fixed first.
However if this is what MOST players want then let it be.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
1/24/2014 16:48:01   
Xendran

The fact that build diversity is so bad without hiding losses just brings the problem of the extremely bad balance to the foreground even more than it was before. It makes the game look REALLY bad compared to other pvp games.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 20
1/25/2014 17:20:36   
xxxromanxxx4

Make it so that you can show your weekly win % publicly. This will prevent people bathing in their wins from beta and also mean that players who dislike losses know that it will be cleared in a weeks time. If people want to see how good someone is then they can check how good they are NOW not how good they used to be.

The main thing that is discouraging players is the fact that there are some win % with 90% or more because they were taken from different game phases when it was easy to get high win % with a bit of varium. The players look at these players and get frustrated that they can only manage a 60% ratio which is normal because the devs have tried to balance everything. If we added in weekly win % then you would be less intimidated.
Post #: 21
1/25/2014 17:24:03   
Drianx

quote:

The fact that build diversity is so bad without hiding losses just brings the problem of the extremely bad balance to the foreground even more than it was before. It makes the game look REALLY bad compared to other pvp games.

A PVP game I'm playing named Hearthstone is only showing wins.
Can you name another somewhat successful PVP game that is showing losses, in order to promote 'competitive gameplay'?
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/25/2014 20:37:11   
Noobatron x3000

Hiding losses and introducing npcs at the same time is probably the smartest thing they did. The balance and luck has been out of control for to long now and is unlikely to be fixed going off past experience with fixes, Fact is the damage has already been done to peoples records through no fault of there own but rather mechanics of the game / balance.

They have to hide peoples records . Its the only option its that simple.
Post #: 23
1/30/2014 8:55:28   
SS

quote:

Make it so that you can show your weekly win % publicly. This will prevent people bathing in their wins from beta and also mean that players who dislike losses know that it will be cleared in a weeks time. If people want to see how good someone is then they can check how good they are NOW not how good they used to be.

I have to agree that this is the best solution, I fully support it. It lets you know with very good accuracy what to expect from your partner in a 2 vs 2 game, which is very important, since this game mode is all about cooperation, which is not possible if you don't know what your partner is capable of. Thus, the losses for 1 vs 1 battles are indeed useless, but there should be a way to see what a player is capable of in a 2 vs 2 game, and this seems the best one I've seen suggested until now. Last severals days with activity - or number of matches - win/loss ratio in 2 vs 2 battles is crucial for the gameplay.
Post #: 24
1/30/2014 13:21:21   
dfo99

quote:

win ratios to discourage others from playing

if this argument is true, none other RPG games will get new players, because almost all games in the world have players with very high win ratio, ultra rare equipaments, achievemants, potions, enchancements etc.. that new players never will get.

unfortunately the people don't consider this factors and "omit loses" suggest was implemented in the game.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 1/30/2014 13:27:28 >
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Option to show losses?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition