Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mercenary's with sword.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Mercenary's with sword.
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/18/2014 13:00:03   
coolboyelazizy

Hi guys my first balance thread.

I think after all these nerfs and buffs
merc still need a regain skill works with a sword cuz honestly when the last time u guys sow a merc using a sword.

So my thoughts are whether u make a unique skill for a sword regain or u make the static smasher with no weapon requirements and nerf it a bit.

Your thoughts and suggestions ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/18/2014 13:07:41   
Ranloth
Banned

That'd make Mercs forced to use Swords instead - because losing Maul is no big deal, whilst no other skill would require you to have a Club. This has just happened to TLMs - they can drop Atom Smasher, and use cores; Atom is the only skill which requires a Club.

Nothing would be fixed by changing that. You'd just make players switch from Club to Sword, in all cases.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
1/18/2014 13:25:35   
coolboyelazizy

Ok how about making either double strike or berserker requires a club ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/18/2014 13:35:47   
toopygoo

Here are my problems with with Merc club/synergy

what skills require a club?
double strike
berserker
static smash
and maul (i believe its called? the stun strike...)

All merc strike that require a club are blockable and have only one shot at dealing damage, or regaining energy.

the list of skills that do not need a club are as follows:
buffs
intimidate
surgical strike
multi
and bunker buster

however because of the high costs which accompany these skills, or their use, these skills don't even need a sword to begin with... they're the ones that require a club anyways for the drain...

what i would consider to make it a little more fair in favour of mercs is either reworking the synergy between these skills, mana costs and all that, or make some stuff unblockable.

things to keep in mind:

mercs have the only stun skill which can be negated entirely
mercs have a stun skill with the lowest base stun. in order to achieve a 30% chance that other classes have, they must invest a lot of energy.
mercs have the only blockable mana drain
mercs have are the only class which has all blockable club requiring skills. (even if poison strike is blocked, the defender gets poisoned)

thank you
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/18/2014 13:38:51   
Ranloth
Banned

Huh. Only Static Smash and Maul require you to use a Club, 2 skills. Double Strike and Zerker do not have weapon requirements.

Can Mercs pull off a build if Zerker and/or Double Strike get Club requirement, whilst Static Smash loses its Club requirement? Yes. Majority of builds at high level do NOT use Zerker nor Double Strike.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
1/18/2014 13:43:59   
toopygoo

ah ok. my bad.

they do not, and thats becasue of the high volume of smoke BH's going around :/ easiest way to counter zerker? drain and smoke.... they may potentially waste 400 energy to deal 80 damage? i suggest that that skill be reworked in the sense that the first 2 strike may be blocked, but you can deal the final hit succesfully every time, so you deal at least 50% damage with that skill at least
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/18/2014 13:52:05   
coolboyelazizy

@ toopygoo

quote:

what i would consider to make it a little more fair
in favour of mercs is either reworking the synergy
between these skills, mana costs and all that, or
make some stuff unblockable.

Actually this would be a very good idea.

@ Trans

quote:

Can Mercs pull off a build if Zerker and/or Double
Strike get Club requirement, whilst Static Smash
loses its Club requirement? Yes. Majority of builds
at high level do NOT use Zerker nor Double Strike.

Why u didn't ask ur self why should mercs be the only class requirs a weapon for regaining energy.

Bh have static grenade no weapon requirement.

Tm battery backup no weapon requirement. and assi requires a staff.

Ch static charge no weapon requirement.

Tlm battery backup no weapon requirement.

Bm energy parasite no weapon requirement.

So I guess it's so unfair not to have a regain skill with sword for mercs .
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/18/2014 14:01:29   
GearzHeadz

It's powerful though. I guess that's why. It looks bad in comparison to others since they can drain and gain high amounts. But if they were weaker, no one would complain.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/18/2014 14:03:38   
Dual Thrusters

If we take out the weapon requirement on Static Smash, then we will have to put one on another skill.

Preferably Surgical Strike.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/18/2014 14:16:17   
coolboyelazizy

quote:

If we take out the weapon requirement on Static
Smash, then we will have to put one on another
skill.
Preferably Surgical Strike.

Actually this would be fair enough since all classes special requires the class weapon and it will make tlm balanced a bit too.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/18/2014 14:20:27   
GearzHeadz

But what would surgical strike have to do with a club? If anything, it should be double strike. All other class tier one attack skills have a weapon requirement.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/18/2014 14:22:58   
santonik

quote:

One of the energy destroyblow. destroy easily 1-3 energy using skill attack/s. Time ti think. .
(crude model)
cyber hunter using emp grenade it taking 400 + energy .
Im play mercenary whit sword . That grenade took over 2/3 of my energys . (my energy is about 610)
i lost my heavy bunkker and heavy heal in one blow . i can only doing 1 energyskill using double strike . This sound odd ! ! BUT this is problem today too. This happens every single energy skills what can destroy energy . Think now battery . It give very high sum of energy whit max lvl . Sword merc cant do nothin about it. ( frost shard and gun Those cores but is weak now) Battery give very high energy . That energy is the easy put to heal or attacking . Sword mercenary cant do nothin but strike and die ( feelings this way strongly )

This is few thing why mercenary need energy skill too (sword build)

My english isnt perfect but try understands. (I'm not angry, or sad. I'm looking for a balance.)

This is biggest reason. Why mercenary need energy move whit sword.
If i remember. There is many players want (long long time ago) all classes energy skill/s. Now mercenary is no energy skill whit sword at all.

Epic  Post #: 12
1/18/2014 14:24:15   
coolboyelazizy

@Gearzheadz

Duoble strike or Berserker would work too.

@santonik

good there is someone to support me

< Message edited by coolboyelazizy -- 1/18/2014 14:26:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/18/2014 14:32:51   
Ranloth
Banned

Hmm, thinking about it now + already mentioned suggestions:

• Berzerker
    • Requires a Club to use.
    • Deals 33% damage on block.
    • Everything else remains the same.

• Surgical Strike
    • Receives Club requirement (applies to TLMs too).
    • May need damage boost to match SuperCharge
      • Skills with weapon requirements are usually stronger, i.e. Overload vs. Stun Grenade

• Static Smash
    • No weapon requirement.
    • Loses ~5% conversion - at all levels - to compensate for it.
  • AQ Epic  Post #: 14
    1/18/2014 14:35:18   
    toopygoo

cool, yes i can approve those :D although i would be happier with a little more damage, maybe 40% on block juswt cause 33% can seem low in times of need... but yes, the whole concepts i like :)
    AQW Epic  Post #: 15
    1/18/2014 14:35:50   
    coolboyelazizy

@trans

So u want to remove weapon requirement from static and add it to berserker AND surgical is that gonna be fair ?
    AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    1/18/2014 14:38:08   
    Scyze

Just because other Classes have their Energy draining Skills not require any Weapon doesn't mean Mercenaries need to be the same.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
    1/18/2014 14:43:05   
    coolboyelazizy

@Scyze

pls read santonik post and u will know why we need a sword regain.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 18
    1/18/2014 14:44:24   
    Ranloth
    Banned

@coolboyelazizy
    Yes, it would be fair. Each class would have 3 skills that require a class-specific weapon - but TMs, since they have 4 skills instead. Every single class has Ultimate which requires class-specific weapon, but Surgical Strike.
    Also, if you didn't realise, I'm suggesting a buff to Berzerker to compensate for the Club requirement.

@toopygoo
    Let's not be too greedy. ;) Other melee skills are locked at 15% damage on block, and 33% is significantly more. If Zerker deals 500 damage after defenses, 15% is merely 75 damage, whilst 33% would be 166 damage instead. All in all, it's much better. And it's all for one weapon requirement - instead of boosting its raw power (%-boost).
    In addition, if Rabble was to adjust blocks again and, say, they'd allow 20% damage to pass through (instead of 15%), then you add the difference to Zerker's effect as well. ;)
    AQ Epic  Post #: 19
    1/18/2014 14:48:53   
    DarkDevil

let's see the "other" classes.
    bh/cyber has cheapshot and venom and masacre on wristclaws (anything that deals extra damage)
    mage has overload and plasma bolt and super charge and assim ( any nuke)
    blood mage has overload and firebolt and supercharge requiring staff ( most of spells)
    tlm ... let's skip this one , it needs some work.

so the "others" aren't really that good with swords too.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 1/18/2014 14:49:59 >
    AQ Epic  Post #: 20
    1/18/2014 14:49:15   
    toopygoo

fair enough... :/ im not a merc anymore, im just trying to be considerate, cause i know how tough it can be :P
    AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    1/18/2014 14:50:58   
    coolboyelazizy

@Trans

After thinking I guess it would be satisfying.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 22
    1/18/2014 14:53:18   
    Ranloth
    Banned

Considering Zerker did have reduction in its EP cost, just before Christmas, by -30 EP at all levels, I think this would be good enough. More manageable EP cost already, and sorta block-proof, would make it a bit more efficient to use; considering the amount of blockables they have as well.

I have a Merc of my own, L30, so I do know some of the pain, but baby steps first. If it was to be not sufficient enough, it can be boosted again - it's better to not overshot the buff and then nerf it, but the other way round, too weak buff and then buff again. ^^
    AQ Epic  Post #: 23
    1/18/2014 14:54:01   
    coolboyelazizy

@DarkDevil

I guess u missing the point of this thread.

we want merc to regain energy with sword like other classes.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 24
    1/19/2014 6:37:02   
    coolboyelazizy

I'm waiting for someone specific.

I know SHE will post HER thoughts soon.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Mercenary's with sword.
    Page 1 of 3123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition