Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/23/2014 10:51:56   
BJEBLE

@Jop I had that idea a while ago, and nobody noticed me when I said it. But yay, now we have another name.
DF  Post #: 26
1/23/2014 23:54:09   
Gorillo Titan

I wouldld like to see a new fetch quest that requires getting both male and female dragon fiend rider so you can get one of Nulgath's high ranking soldier characters.
Post #: 27
1/24/2014 16:26:42   
Jmagician

Character abilities (Yes Pokemon inspired this statement).
AQW  Post #: 28
1/24/2014 19:54:03   
DidYouKnowThat

@Jmagic: I thought of that in my head too, but I ain't too sure. It'd be complicated. I mean, we've already got the 3-hit DoT and 5-hit Stun. o.o

Got a specific version in mind? :P Or a specific way of how it's going to work. An example of a few?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of Pokémon, how about set-up moves? Like Stealth-rocks or Toxic-spikes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can we sell un-wanted cards or something.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idea for Artifacts -> Elemental Artifacts.

Example -> Fire Artifact ->

You start off with 4 extra Fire Energy.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/24/2014 20:00:50 >
Post #: 29
1/24/2014 20:14:37   
Jmagician

Well, character abilities is too broad a subject to just name a few. There are literally like infinite ideas you could associate with this feature. However, abilities would shine the best when features like multi-character battles and e-resistances are out.

I think selling cards or just getting rid of them was mentioned by Nulgath. Not 100% sure if it was mentioned by Nulgath but I know many people are not a fond of some characters they have in their inventory.
AQW  Post #: 30
1/24/2014 21:01:53   
DidYouKnowThat

Hmm. Yeah . . .

What I'm looking forward to the most is

a) Selling Characters/Cards.

b) Set-up moves. (Example: In Pokémon, there are Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rocks, Sticky Web, Spikes, etc.)

(Also abilities: Intimidate)
Post #: 31
1/25/2014 0:33:28   
DidYouKnowThat

But in the future we will be able to use multiple characters and all. .. .right?
Post #: 32
1/25/2014 3:11:46   
Gorillo Titan

A OS sewer dungeon filled with ratmen and slimes and other critters.

Above me yeah but it wouldn't be usefull since half the time its still gonna be 1 vs 1

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 1/25/2014 3:12:50 >
Post #: 33
1/25/2014 11:52:27   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: Not when Elemental Resistance comes out.
Post #: 34
1/25/2014 12:58:20   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: That's the point, lol.

Not only does it make the person hesitate to switch out, but if he does, the next character will be damaged/weakened or something. Pretty nice. . .
I love those kinds of moves! :P
Post #: 35
1/25/2014 13:12:16   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: Then either don't use the character or don't use the card. Nobody's forcing you to use that character in a 1v1. . .

Or the card can be from CC only, or it can be a card THAT YOU CAN ONLY FIND IN THE WILD and things like that. .. .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post #: 36
1/25/2014 13:17:25   
DidYouKnowThat

2 vs 2 duels? What?

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to bring in more than 2 characters to battle. . . .
Post #: 37
1/25/2014 13:23:27   
Jmagician

Nulgath vs Artix video

That is the link that shows multi-character battling and Artix used like 5 other characters. It may have been a skill used by Artix's paladin where other members from your party come out and attack the enemy for damage (kinda like Beat up from Pokemon).
AQW  Post #: 38
1/25/2014 13:25:11   
DidYouKnowThat

Shown? Where?

http://youtu.be/F75ZttySI8E

Artix had more than 2 characters.

Not to mention maybe he'll implement it whereas you can switch characters at your own will, you don't HAVE to have your current character die.

Or if not, maybe then the Skill/Card could deal damage while putting the effect in play, or something.

Also referring to Jmagic's idea of Abilities. Well I kind of want abilities that take effect after you die. . . .speaking pokemon, take Drifblim's aftermath effect into consideration, right?

(edit) NINJA'D BY JMAGIC, LOL. Was searching up the video D:

Not to mention even if it was a skill like beat-up, if the characters were not taken into battle, then he still wouldn't have been able to use them, right?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/25/2014 13:26:35 >
Post #: 39
1/25/2014 13:26:01   
Riniti

Aye. We don't really know what will happen as per multi-character duels, but I can't really see more than three or so. If it went past that, duels would take far too long.
Post #: 40
1/25/2014 13:26:18   
Gorillo Titan

He had 10 hand cards or just controlling both characters? That video could of just been put up to advertise moves and show people how the game works not even be put in game.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 1/25/2014 13:28:18 >
Post #: 41
1/25/2014 13:33:01   
Jmagician

@Gorillo Titan: It was most likely for advertising purposes, I agree. But the video shows it can be done nonetheless and Nulgath did confirm multi-character battling. We just don't have a known cap to how many characters we would be able to use.

I would be happy with 3, for reasons Riniti stated. Imagine 6 Ice characters But I wouldn't mind a battle of 6 if there was a team preview or I knew who I was battling with.

quote:

Not to mention even if it was a skill like beat-up, if the characters were not taken into battle, then he still wouldn't have been able to use them, right?

Yeah, Artix must of had the characters in his party to be able to use such a skill.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 1/25/2014 13:35:11 >
AQW  Post #: 42
1/25/2014 13:34:27   
Riniti

It's also a possibility that they make more PvP brackets, where you can choose how many characters you use, then pre-select them :3 It'd be really cool to see this, but we'll just have to wait and see x)
Post #: 43
1/25/2014 13:35:14   
DidYouKnowThat

@Jmagic: Pokémon X and Y w-fi battles, sort of like that? After you've chosen the characters you want, you can see both teams and have 10 minutes to organize who's starting, CC's, artifacts, etc.

Or when you're both done before timer ends, just click start.

True, it might not be implemented into the game like that, but nothing was said against it either.

(edit) Yep, Pokémon XandY Wifi battles.. . gotta love those.
Post #: 44
1/25/2014 13:36:00   
Gorillo Titan

well first thing first we need more characters so we can even find people to do multi battles with.

I rather OS not steal idea from other games in my opinion I like the fact its original.

@jmagician The Dev can do special stuff all them even have a card that does over 100k damage with a fireball

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 1/25/2014 13:39:35 >
Post #: 45
1/25/2014 13:40:30   
Jmagician

Honestly, there is so many ways they could go about multi-character battling which make me so interested

@DYKT: Yeah, exactly like that.

@above: That is my point. Whatever they can do in game, we can do, cause' it is feasible within the game limits.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 1/25/2014 13:41:49 >
AQW  Post #: 46
1/25/2014 14:12:24   
Gorillo Titan

well just a matter of time till we find out or you could ask them through twitter.
Post #: 47
1/25/2014 17:47:47   
The Jop

A simple way for new players to get experience and gold before they enter the game. Solace PvE is good, but new players are not aware of the characters they can train on there, and they can go out to other areas only to be defeated and possibly be driven away from the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
1/25/2014 17:49:55   
Gorillo Titan

People should start to use the wiki
Post #: 49
1/25/2014 21:02:17   
BJEBLE

I want another In-Game Tournament. It could be advertised, and a lot of people would try PvP. I think that this is better because 1. It's easier and quicker to do and 2. It encourages people to come up with counter-strategies to some pretty prominent ones right now.
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition