Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2014 2:07:13   
Kiazz

They should still have a chance. One or two cards does not detract uniqueness from a standard 15 card deck, surely? Possessing and leveling are key aspects of this game, certainly, but should they be the only things that make it it? Something like this could be revolutionary, and potentially be another way we can arouse incentive to gain more CC cards. Even more control, and therefore possibly more unique game play. At the moment, most characters play in a similar way anyway. There isn't really that much of a difference of most characters over another any how; it's more of, who has more of the card, etc. You could potentially use this to tailor to the characters you're facing, with counter-customization from your opponent as well. As it is, adding five cards doesn't really change the way we play as much as I hoped for from "customization" for a deck of cards. This might even be able to make characters even more unique, in same-character battles or anything with a similar deck.

Edit: Also, how about even more CC card packs? Like Ice MKII or something; more cards only add to the fun in strategically crafting decks.

< Message edited by Kiazz -- 1/29/2014 2:15:00 >
Post #: 76
1/29/2014 5:32:09   
Megadragonknight

I wish to see new element cards added in-game so we can get to play with different sets of combo.
Post #: 77
1/29/2014 17:20:57   
Jmagician

There is currently an interesting discussion going on in the balance thread that gave me an idea. We could have cards that deal 2 hit damages. They could be simple like having a 500 attack card with the same amount of energy required as a normal 500 attack card, but instead it hits twice for 250 points of damage. If you want a downside to it, it could be restricted from boosting moves such as Empower or Surge. This would also make getting 5 hit combos easier.
AQW  Post #: 78
1/29/2014 18:03:29   
DidYouKnowThat

What I would like to see. . . .

Strategy. . . . eh? Mini-games!

Yes, I'd like to see some min-games.

An example, like when you find a hidden spot, it might ask for a Key you have to buy from elsewhere, make, or find. Or it has a puzzle you need to solve.

And maybe you can randomly find ''broken'' things on the ground or from Monsters in the wild, and you can repair them yourself or with help from NPC's. And to fix it it'll be like a min-game.
If you fail however, the item may get destroyed.

And no I'm not talking about just pressing a ''repair'' button and having an automatic 25% chance it get blown up or something. I'm talking about you actually go inside and tinker around with the gears, and assemble the
different parts etc. And if successfully repaired, you can use it yourself.

Also, a compass? I don't know, but some more tools when exploring the map?

An example, you can find a broken compass and have it repaired as I suggest.

Or a special map. Somehow, this particular subject got on my mind. You know the Mao Kun Map from Pirates of the Caribbean? Wiki that. . .
I believe it was in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

Copy n' Pasted:
The Mao Kun Map, sometimes referred as the navigational charts or the Map to the Land of the Dead,
was the map used to locate some of the world's more obscure and mystical places. With no fixed points,
this chart was the only guide that took into account the role of chance, fate and the supernatural in mortal affairs.

Post #: 79
1/29/2014 18:13:38   
Gorillo Titan

I agree with the Map part it would be pretty useful or have them mark locations on the world.
Post #: 80
1/29/2014 22:17:50   
DidYouKnowThat

Ok uhm, now I REALLY want to be able to chat during Battle. I don't care if it costs Gold, Soulgems, or whatever.
Post #: 81
1/29/2014 22:38:21   
Gorillo Titan

They can do it in epic duel can't be that hard to do it in OS.
Post #: 82
1/30/2014 0:22:31   
DidYouKnowThat

Telepathy Stone? Or something? Maybe it's something you pick-up while on the Grand-storyline, and then you'll be able to use that to talk to each other in PvP . . .

Like, you defeat a mysterious stranger or something .. boom, he drops a rock. Whoa, it's glowing. Wheee you can talk to people now. . . .

Lol I know, sounds corny, but you know. . just some ideas.

Post #: 83
1/30/2014 0:27:29   
branden80

1. group battles
2. FULL CC (where you can also take out cards)
3. color customization
4. exclusive cards for special characters
5. the story… which i have a good idea for
it starts with 8 meteors hitting the planet at different locations, at each spot where it landed, there would be signs of an element, like ice, fire, earth, etc… and from the crater comes forth POWERFUL elemental lords, and each one has there own card, and they are all unpossessable. the fire lord's card would be solar wind, earth would be zircon strike, ice would be comet, water would be luna wave, energy would be particle burst, light would be supernova, dark would be black hole, and when there is chaos, it would be null. all of these attacks would be super powerful, so powerful, it would use 20 charges.
tell me that doesnt seem epic

< Message edited by branden80 -- 1/30/2014 0:29:49 >
AQW  Post #: 84
1/30/2014 0:35:26   
clintonian

More people pvping XD
Post #: 85
1/30/2014 0:43:02   
Gorillo Titan

@DYNT
I'm not wasting any inventory spots just so I can talk. >.>

More characters that go from apprentice to legendary.
Post #: 86
1/30/2014 0:43:37   
DidYouKnowThat

@Clintonian: That's why maybe add an extra bonus reward for PvP Random battles. :/

@Branden: 1. I don't know dude. . .I just don't know. There would have to be a big change. . . .in the cards and gameplay, then perhaps in a Group mode, the cards/gameplay would work differently?
Though I don't see that happening. . . much . . . unless it's 2+ people vs. 1 big boss. I can see that happening maybe. . .

2. Many people have excellent arguments against that. Full CC. . .as awesome as that sounds, the negative consequences are too great.

3. I agree! Maybe they can release one or two characters that can switch to colors the user can choose. That'd be cool.

4. Heh, well I wouldn't want too many. . .Maybe it'd be good for Founder characters or Nulgath Shadow or something . .

5. Very creative. Maybe that can be the storyline for a character you can suggest. An Elemental . . of all the 8 elements? Elemental Meteor Golem? Elemental Terrestrial Golem? Lololol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh yeah, taking this idea from Pokémon, you know the Furfou or the Rotom? How it can change forms? Maybe there could be a few characters like that. You can go to a hidden NPC or something, get the look/type/appearance along with stats changed (Furfou), or you can find hidden spots with items can that change the chracter's look/element, etc. (Rotom)

Post #: 87
1/30/2014 0:56:03   
Megadragonknight

Special characters having an exclusive card, well so long as its balance I wouldn't mind. Beside, since we purchase SG package and Artix Points with our hard-earned or saving money, special characters should have an exclusive cards, of course, balance is important. Black Dragon is a good example of having not 1 but 2 exclusive cards, thrash and bash. When Shadow Nulgath was released as a promo character, I thought Shadow Nulgath will gain thrash and bash instead of normal attack cards, beside he is a Legendary character. Oh well, can't complain since Shadow Nulgath is still really strong with 2 Poison and 2 Mark Of Death.
Post #: 88
1/30/2014 0:57:54   
Gorillo Titan

Shadow Nulgath is horrible at higher levels.

Also special conversations between some characters would be cool like Nulgath vs any Void character.
Post #: 89
1/30/2014 1:20:22   
Kiazz

-Like a while back, adding on to Gorillo's thing, how about turning the void reflections into surges? That makes it special enough to justify the absence of bash/thrash (I know that they seem dragon-kin exclusive), and makes it pretty awesome at any level. Or for a "pure" shadow deck, how about turning one into a poison and the other into a defend? Still fifteen cards, and the first to have the three poison, two MoD thing outside of char-suggestions. Or just removing both, and having a thirteen card-deck, done before in minotaur, a free-to-play character no less.

-Both versions of Dragonfiend Rider having the same special-card-activating animation as the Black Dragon. They should be able to breathe that shadowfire, as dragons. The chewing thing just looks awkward, when inside the activating-thing. :I

Edit: @Below Oh. I meant, like, making the animation the roaring thing for all of the special-card-activation thingies, so that it'd be easier for coding. But that works too.

< Message edited by Kiazz -- 1/30/2014 2:31:17 >
Post #: 90
1/30/2014 1:26:01   
DidYouKnowThat

@Kiazz: That'd be cool. Certain cards have different attack animations for different characters!

I've always found it annoying how Skexis must tap on the Opponent when putting on an Iron hide.. . . .

And yeah, for Fireballs/Shadow Fire, it could be breathed out for Dragons.
Post #: 91
1/30/2014 7:04:37   
Megadragonknight

As I love Dragons a lot, I would love to see Dragonfiend Rider actually breath shadowfire just like Black Dragon. Usually, Dragons always breath fire so I see no exception for Dragonfiend Rider.
Post #: 92
1/30/2014 8:17:04   
Beck

@Megaknight
quote:

I thought Shadow Nulgath will gain thrash and bash instead of normal attack cards, beside he is a Legendary character. Oh well, can't complain since Shadow Nulgath is still really strong with 2 Poison and 2 Mark Of Death.

Remember Sage said that Bash and Thrash were exclusively for Dragon characters? Nulgath is not a dragon. And, Dragonfiend Rider doesn't count cus the dragon itself does not attack.
AQW  Post #: 93
1/30/2014 8:58:27   
Megadragonknight

@Beck
Oh, I didn't know that Sage mentioned that so I wouldn't know. For Dragonfiend Rider, he did at least attack during 5 hit combo with his beam but mainly the Void Knight-like rider is attacker so yeah.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 1/30/2014 8:59:09 >
Post #: 94
1/30/2014 9:10:20   
branden80

o yes, and another thing, custom sayings, where you can make the character say what you want! i would make Jack say "Stay frosty."

AQW  Post #: 95
1/30/2014 9:57:22   
Gorillo Titan

Anyone else having trouble logging in?
Post #: 96
1/30/2014 9:57:31   
Jmagician

I like the idea of characters having special intro dialogue when facing a certain character.

Also, if DFR would have gotten Thrash and Bash, so would have PD. But it didn't .-.
AQW  Post #: 97
1/30/2014 9:59:19   
Gorillo Titan

PD was rumored to be getting a rank up if it does rank up good chance it could get it then or they don't count it as a dragon since some people think of drakes and dragons as differnet creatures.
Post #: 98
1/30/2014 10:02:08   
Riniti

Last I heard, they classified drakes as different, and said the PD wouldn't get them. The team confirmed that. Also, as we haven't gotten an evolution yet, I wouldn't be too hopeful of there ever being one.
Post #: 99
1/30/2014 10:05:04   
Jmagician

Lol, well that is weird. PD sure looks like a dragon to me xD Yeah, agreed. I doubt there will be an evo. Even if there was, it wouldn't be the Green Dragon everyone has been speculating about. Since they are two different species
AQW  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition