Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A new win and loss system...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> A new win and loss system...
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/25/2014 16:52:54   
xxxromanxxx4

This is at first a suggestion but you will see how it ties in with balance later...

My idea is to display the wins and losses of each class rather than the total. To help demonstrate my idea I will give an example:

Bounty Hunter Tech mage mercenary
wins: 1553 wins: 0 wins: 125
losses:902 losses: 0 losses 23

Cyber Hunter Blood mage Tactical mercenary
wins: 0 wins: 9866 wins:0
losses: 0 losses: 2900 losses: 0

This is an example of how the data will be presented. The idea is to make each class attractive because if you get a lot of losses with a cyber hunter then it doesn't matter because people will know it was because you were playing with a cyber hunter and they are difficult.

This idea will mean that there will be less class jumping because people know that they will be judged on what class they are using too. There should then be a leader board for each separate class.

When all of this happens then each class should get a more even distribution of players on it meaning there will be less BALANCE issues due to one particular highly used class countering a different one.
Post #: 1
1/25/2014 16:54:47   
xxxromanxxx4

ok the spaces i left on the example didn't come out clear but i hope you will be able to decode it... :P
Post #: 2
1/25/2014 16:59:37   
Drianx

Sooo,
You think that by officially showing that some classes are more effective than others you will stop people from class jumping?
Really?
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/25/2014 17:03:10   
Ranloth
Banned

Wouldn't the data be inaccurate as well? You'd be showcasing data from different time periods, and balance changes skew it completely, especially after players class jump, thus leading to inaccurate numbers that show absolutely nothing. Unless these would reset every now and then, or even after each balance change - but then, that's more of a no.

And what Drianx has said.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
1/26/2014 8:30:11   
xxxromanxxx4

hmm well scrap that... but perhaps make it so that there is a weekly/daily leader-board that shows the merc with most wins, the CH with most wins ect...

basically something that will mean that if you are one of the less popular classes then you have a greater chance of being top of that classes leader-board. More people will have this idea as being top on a leader-board increases fame so a few people will switch to this class balancing it out
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> A new win and loss system...
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition