Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Vampires vs Lycans War Stories and Poems Commentary *name pending*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Vampires vs Lycans War Stories and Poems Commentary *name pending*
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/10/2014 16:59:19   
Sir Nicholas

I also shall be writing a short story here - very soon. I'll be making one for the Werewolves' side, detailing the exploits of my character.

Prepare to be dazzled.
AQ  Post #: 51
2/10/2014 17:22:34   
vamplycan

@ss2195 Thank You! If you get the chance to write up a story please post it. I would be more than happy to read it.

@Disc Lorde] Again extremely kind words! Thank you! I like that your story follows a real life time line. It allows me to follow through my memory of how is playing out in real time.

@Undersoul Love the exchange between the scout and Lord Scorpio. Really sets a societal tone that I'm interested in, and hope you explore more.

@Flashbang Nice work on your intro, I'm eager to hear about the tactics you will use to lead your group to victory ;D

@Kor Wonderful! Each chapter gets better and there is much put into your character's personalities and their thoughts. Really like this.

@battlemaster25 I see this will have an interesting plot, I would like to see more.

@Muchiha I want to read about these new weapons in action! Combined with your dual element abilities the fights should be intriguing.

@Everyone I love the positive feedback going around in this forum! not much of this alive on the internet anymore! Also, there is an update to my story!

< Message edited by vamplycan -- 2/10/2014 18:55:18 >
AQ  Post #: 52
2/10/2014 19:06:13   
Muchiha

Thank you to all who commented on my story so far!

My Chapter 1 is now up! (About time)

I shall post my reviews for the updated stories as early as 23:30 Server time if not, then tomorrow!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 53
2/10/2014 22:49:44   
kors

Muchiha: Pretty good so far, you definitely make the werewolves seem human even while in their more wolf like forms. My only issue is a minor one, my character's name is Kor not Kors. I really should get on about changing my forum name shouldn't I, just to reduce the confusion?

Oh, and it seems my story is hitting a few rough patches. Things have become derailed. Time is disturbed. It will not end well, not for anyone involved...(And too think this is because I fell behind my deadline!)

< Message edited by kors -- 2/10/2014 22:54:23 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 54
2/11/2014 0:09:14   
Disc Lorde

These stories are getting interesting. I notice some of you are sharing some characters. I find the character of Storm Silverwing particularly interesting.

Also, I made a few edits to my story to hopefully make it clearer. What do you guys think?
AQ  Post #: 55
2/11/2014 0:54:31   
battlemaster25

@Disc Lorde

Your story seems pretty good thus far. I mean, your choice to favor vampires is.... unfortunate, but it's otherwise a solid piece. I like the idea of having several protagonists, definitely spices things up.

I'm glad that you think Storm is interesting, establishing his personality is definitely the most difficult part of writing my story.
AQ  Post #: 56
2/11/2014 10:31:56   
UnderSoul

I have added a new part, with a small twist. In the next part, Lord Scorpio's true role in the war takes center stage. That's when we'll get some action!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
2/11/2014 11:59:25   
tommy2468

Hi guys, I think I'm gonna start writing a (hopefully) small story :)

If anybody would like to be included then please PM me some information on your character. I will be using them for my own story and so will change them to suit my own needs.
But I would like to know what element they would align themselves with, what equipment they prefer to use, what they look like, etc.

I am not going to be including a large number of characters in this story, so it really depends on a first come, first served system XD However, if I am sent a character that I like the look of then I will be happy to make an exception.

I have a question to pose to the people on here who are familiar with my work and that is whether to use Hikari Yume again (who is my own character that I used in my Paxia Truphma story). I would be using Hikari Yume and his half-brother Kurai Yume as characters that are uncaring to the events unfolding but find themselves caught up in the war without wanting to be in it.

Going to have to start reading some of the war stories that have already been written and see how good you guys are doing :)
AQ  Post #: 58
2/11/2014 14:55:39   
battlemaster25

Behold, my next chapter has been posted. I decided not to pad things out, and went full steam ahead with the plot.
AQ  Post #: 59
2/11/2014 16:53:10   
vamplycan

@Battlemaster Wow that was really engaging. The pace is intense, and the battle descriptions keep me hooked. I find myself reading faster through them out of excitement. I already care for Storm and I don't know much about his character. Just seems likable.

@muchiha still reading your update, but I have to leave

@Undersoul Great! I wonder who will the other soldiers be? Will this change Scorpio's outlook on the position of nobility and that of "lesser soldiers"
AQ  Post #: 60
2/11/2014 19:02:37   
tronicx

all these storys are great so far keep up the good work and anyone can use my char as long as im a vamp

I dont SUFFER from insanity i enjoy every minute
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
2/11/2014 21:54:20   
flashbang

Tommy, can I send in both of my story characters or just one?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 62
2/12/2014 3:08:10   
rosaxx50

I am loving all the stories posted so far.

@Muchiha - You have such a powerful story-telling voice that I got a sense of your character immediately, and only went on to smile more throughout. I have such a strong sense of setting while reading your story. I swear, I can see every single scene you describe easily, vividly.

@battlemaster25 - What? A cliffhanger? What am I supposed to do until you update! All those excellent battle scenes leave me on the edge of my seat.

@kors - Like everyone else has said, the detail in your story is amazing. More than anything, I love the sense of, well, pack that the characters in your story have--all their banter and humour, and Rinia awkwardly trying to navigate her way around the social 'scene. You've really brought the wolves to life.

@flashbang - I can't wait to see more of this third great adventure. I hope you end up including vampires in your story after all, since at least ten people over in general discussion offered their characters. XD

@UnderSoul -

quote:

"The same improvement your Legion saw?" Safiria became very business-like, almost uncaring, as she said the next line. "I have decided it for the best if you join the battle with the lesser soldiers. A lesson in actual fighting should teach you how to better your command."

Scorpio was stunned. He was being demoted! He loved a good fight, but footwork? He eventually resigned to his fate.

XD Oh dear. I also don't believe this for a second. How you're managing to tell such a rounded story in so few words, I don't know, but I'm enjoying it and definitely looking forward to the next part.

@vamplycan - Goodness, did you swallow a thesaurus? Your way of words is simply amazing. I got chills just reading the descriptions, even before getting to the action.

@Disc Lorde -

First of all:

quote:

Safiria and Constantin strike me as more reasonable than that.

LOL. I just love the banter between your protagonists. It always leaves me laughing.

< Message edited by rosaxx50 -- 2/12/2014 3:09:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
2/12/2014 3:37:40   
Disc Lorde

@UnderSoul: Interesting dialogue, and interesting turn of events.

@rosaxx: Nice dialogue. I look forward to seeing more.
AQ  Post #: 64
2/12/2014 6:38:12   
tommy2468

@flashbang Preferably just the one because I won't be using that many characters. But you can send me both and say which one you would prefer me to use, then I can see later on if I would like to use your other character :)
AQ  Post #: 65
2/12/2014 9:47:56   
UnderSoul

@rosaxx Thanks! Your story is also wonderful. I can't wait for more.

Added a new chapter! Scorpio joins the fight, employs an all-too familiar tactic from the last war, and fights the newest monstrosity to enter the battlefield.

< Message edited by UnderSoul -- 2/12/2014 10:24:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
2/12/2014 14:24:57   
Daimyo Daimyo

Sorry, UnderSoul, but a wolf like Xander would not go down so easily. Actually, since the new Vamp Sire isn't Victor (confirmed by Kamui) but rather a "normal" albeit high-ranking vampire, it's safe to say you merely killed another Direwolf. One much weaker than Xander of course.

battlemaster25, a good read. Though remember that werewolf regeneration is not so fast that you can shrug all harm. I wonder how you will deal with Victor since Storm is about equal to Caius?

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 2/12/2014 15:23:21 >
MQ  Post #: 67
2/12/2014 15:10:37   
battlemaster25

quote:

Though remember that werewolf regeneration is not so fast that you can shrug all harm

He wasn't shrugging off all harm, only the shallow cuts from Caius's claws. Looking back, though, I realize that I didn't make that entirely clear. Editing powers..... AWAY!!!!!

Edit: There we go, modified it slightly. It now explicitly says that the slashes only heal so quickly because they're shallow.

(And as for Victor, well, who says that Storm is in any shape to fight him? Leaping off cliffs tends to be hazardous to your health.)

< Message edited by battlemaster25 -- 2/12/2014 15:19:00 >
AQ  Post #: 68
2/12/2014 20:16:48   
vamplycan

@Rosaxx50 I think you have started one my favorite stories so far! Continue! I like how you allow the surroundings to emphasize and explain your characters feelings. This is one of my favorite things to do!

< Message edited by vamplycan -- 2/12/2014 20:17:49 >
AQ  Post #: 69
2/12/2014 22:54:07   
kors

I think I should have the next part of mine done by tomorrow. It is taking me far longer than I would have liked but I am chugging along nicely. Like battlemaster25, I am skipping right to the interesting parts. But it has its own set of consequences for those in my story...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 70
2/13/2014 8:18:43   
tommy2468

Got my first chapter up

Tell me what you guys think :) Critical support is actually greatly appreciated because it helps to move the story in a better direction for everyone :P

Again if you want your character to be included in the story feel free to send me a PM. At the moment I only have my own two characters and one of flashbang's (though I may use a second character of his, depending on how many get submitted to me)

Will try and write some reviews of the other stories later on today if I have the time :D
AQ  Post #: 71
2/13/2014 13:37:10   
Uskius

On the whole, I think these were... too short! The chapters build up some good momentum before they cut off, with the tale of Storm Silverwing ending in a literal cliffhanger. :) Can't wait for the updates, guys. I also like how these are all fitting together. Maybe it's something special for this war or me being weird, but I think it's cool how they all seem like part of the same story, instead of separate pieces(except mine ^_^;). Speaking of mine, I took a few rather large liberties with some of the things in it(namely Safiria), if you read mine let me know whatcha think.

Also, a song I kinda thought is a fitting theme for this war is Your War, by Living Sacrifice, it's on the heavy side, though. Keep writing and warring!

< Message edited by Uskius -- 2/13/2014 13:40:48 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 72
2/13/2014 22:49:00   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Wrote it in a bit of hurry, but Chapter 1: Frontline is up. What do you think?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 73
2/14/2014 0:18:00   
battlemaster25

@ss

I told you I'd read your story, and now I have. Seems reasonably solid, you've definitely got some interesting story ideas going. Bit of dodgy grammar, but I'll let it pass.
AQ  Post #: 74
2/14/2014 9:25:09   
rater202

One of My Boasts came out as a rhyme, only Partially intentionally*, so I posted it here as a poem.

*Only the last line was on purpose.
AQ DF  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Vampires vs Lycans War Stories and Poems Commentary *name pending*
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition