Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Energy Parasite Fix

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: The Energy Parasite Fix
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/18/2014 4:41:52   
white out727

@dual
quote:

1. Energy Remover- removes energy
2. Energy Gainer- grants energy
3. Energy Drainer- Removes energy. Grants energy based on the amount removed.

My version of E Parasite will be both 1 and 2. Grants energy out of thin air as any other energy gainer would and destroys energy as any other energy remover would. Again, like Piston Punch.

in what way is that not removing energy?
EDIT: and btw your idea is #3 not 1 &2 because 1&2 are their own numbers because they ONLY do that one thing, #3 is there BECAUSE it does BOTH like you say your version does

your idea is not very well thought out from what i have read and my guess is that your favorite class is blood mage which does explain why you are wanting a very large buff that would undoubtedly make bm op again, game is about balance not raising one class above the other.

however i do agree that some change does need to be made to bm, parasite seems like a hastily put together move that doesn't work very well in my opion. and to everyone who said they would just dumb their energy when hit with parasite that doesn't seem to be the most effective way to counter but i personally like to allow them to drain as much as the want as energy currently plays a very small nonexistent role in my new build.. as for the hp cost being added to backup battery that someone mentioned; i like that idea very much but i feel like it should be capped at about 50-75 hp so that it isn't a total waste to use.
these are all just my thoughts on the topic not taking shots at you dual i just feel that better wording could have been used.

< Message edited by white out727 -- 2/18/2014 4:44:59 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/18/2014 9:30:26   
Dual Thrusters

@white out

Did you not read my posts thoroughly? It is not 3 because the amount returned will not work off the amount removed.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
2/18/2014 16:17:24   
edwardvulture

I think my idea is reasonably balanced, except that an asiilimination will destroy all the energy regeneration.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
2/18/2014 16:58:35   
lionblades

I agree with your change in support req. Stat req. in general are a very bad band-aid fix. Bad for lower levels and bad as it constricts variety.
AQW  Post #: 29
2/18/2014 19:45:14   
Dual Thrusters

@lionblades

Especially restrictive for a weak move like this.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/24/2014 2:49:11   
edwardvulture

Increase strike damage to 75% to make it more on par with Assilimination.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
2/24/2014 12:36:06   
Ranloth
Banned

I would say 85% even. Effect wise, it's weaker unless used early on, but its return can be significantly better. It's the damage which makes the skill really pointless for BMs, unless timed properly and you know it won't get you killed - that rarely happens too. BMs would have a bit better Energy control, and perhaps few more viable builds - which are Energy-dependant.
AQ Epic  Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: The Energy Parasite Fix
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition