Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 13 of 25«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/5/2014 23:24:25   
DidYouKnowThat

Character name: The Usurper
Element: ????

A character who ''Usurped'' the position of ''Elder Tree.''
Ok, so basically there's a special forest. He made it to the heart, and in it lies the Elder Tree, which basically holds the power of that
specific forest. The forest's trees are actually all connected to ONE tree, the Elder tree, the one who started the whole ''forest.''
The forest called ??? forest (haven't thought of the name yet) is said to hold harmless at day, looking like a normal forest. However, at night, the forest shifts, and the forests start moving.
It reveals new paths, and changes old paths, and so on. Anyone who visits there is ''trapped'' and ''entangled'' by the forest. So basically it turns into a dread maze at night. It ''consumes'' the victim.
Say a person enters, right? The person turns onto a path, looks back, and the path is gone, blocked by a tree or a giant root.
At day, it is normal, as I said. At night, a slight mist moves in, as it begins to darken. Light sources include wisps, moon, stars, and some glowing rocks maybe.

But anyway, like I said, the Elder tree is the one who commands all of it. Leader of the forest, if it dies, the whole forest will die because it was the one who started it. Like the heart.
. HOWEVER, I will talk about the
Elder tree's history, how it was made. Basically the forest was originally maze-like. Those who got lost in it, died (starved,animals,etc.), and there spirits remain there. The malevolent ones swarmed together and manifested
inside the elder tree, and took control of it. You know, ''usurped'' it.., and you get the point.

So anyways, this dude got trapped, and he got to the heart of the forest. He met the ''Elder tree'' and they engaged in a chat of riddles. (I'll think of some). As he entertains the tree by replying back
in riddles/questions, he inches closer and closer. As the tree finally says ''enough'' and tries to kill/consume him, he's throws Holy water at the roots of the possessed Elder tree. It draws back in PAIN, and he starts running.

When he ventured in the forest, he already knew about its reputation, so he jotted down the paths he took. Although some paths were covered by a root, all he had to do was sprinkle some holy water, and he withdrew
as if seared with flame. He escaped, and became the first one to escape the ''forest'' ever since it became possessed. The elder tree however, held a grudge for him, and hated the taste of defeat. It was humiliated and
it thirsted for revenge, and the blood of who that escaped him. However, being in a form of a giant forest, it could not chase down its prey.

With that being said, it began to plot a plan to hunt down the one that escaped him, the one that got away. It channeled all its souls and energy in the center of the Elder Tree, as it compressed itself
into a humanoid form. One night, the plan was finished, as it burst out of the tree itself, like how a butterfly would leave its cocoon. It was humanoid in shape, but consisted of sheer, raw energy.

The army of malevolent spirits no longer resided in the tree. The tree/forest itself was now dead, just an empty husk. The souls executed its desires in its new form. Just like how a butterfly would do so
after leaving its cocoon, it had to rest first, testing out its wings (power) and letting it stabilize. As it rested, it started to form its goals. It would avenge itself, killing the one that got away. It would shed
blood wherever it may go, and strangle other forests alike. When the time was right, it fled into the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Description -> A humanoid form. It has a scarf blowing in the wind, with a hood over its face. It has some rogue armor/padding. His hands, in gloves, are glowing green. Armor would be dark brown/black.

Controlled Quote -> ''I've finally found you.''
Enemy Quote -> ''You and I have unfinished business.''

1-hit -> He raises his arm, and clenches his hand into a fist. As he does this, a giant, gnarled wooden arm emerges from underneath, as it grabs the enemy. (1-hit)
2-hit -> He raises his arm, and clenches his hand into a gist. As he does this, a giant, gnarled wooden arm emerges from underneath, as it grabs the enemy. (1-hit) Then the wooden hand tightens its grip as it CRUSHES the opponent, glowing green.
3-hit -> He crouches down, and slams his palm on the floor. Giant gnarled roots emerge from the ground as they slam/whip into the opponent
4-hit -> The character glows an outline green, with green static. Then he fires a bunch of energy pellets (green) at the enemy. He fires a bunch, each exploding upon impact, but it hits only 4 times.
5-hit -> He stretches out his arms, palms facing downward, as it glows green. The ground under the opponent erupts in a forest!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, this is the gist of the story. Of course, some things might be changed and so on. So what do you guys think of it? Do you understand the storyline and all?
Give me some feedback/reviews if you can! :D

Like it or nah? :P

Also, you can look up what Usurp means. . .so you get why I called it The Usurper as of now. Think of any more names for it? ??? the Usurper?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/usurper

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 4/5/2014 23:33:08 >
Post #: 301
4/6/2014 8:13:57   
LigerBeard

^Above: Once I looked up the word, it made sense. And as for the name of the forest, how about "The Gallow Woods"? I've used it, but it'd work for yours too, so you can use it, if you want.

Also, was thinking of posting a character based on the legend of the Maco Light: Here's a link for you.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 302
4/6/2014 16:47:08   
DidYouKnowThat

@Liger: Hmm. So a white light. . . . . A train? Phantom train much? A phantom train conductor? :P
Post #: 303
4/6/2014 18:08:58   
LigerBeard

Well yes, and he roams the overworld looking for his head. In fact, I got it posted just today. Take a look!!
Also made a new Halloween character suggestion. What do you think?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 304
4/6/2014 21:19:18   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Done! You can view Ligerbeard, EliteWarlockz, Darklore, DidYouKnowThat, MegaDragonKnight, and GorilloTitan, along with Maddened Marionette and Chained Angel AND a few other pics :D

@LigerBeard: The candy guy is really good! One thing we forget about during Halloween is the candy xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 305
4/6/2014 23:42:47   
DidYouKnowThat

Ahh yes! Remember my character suggestion ''The Usurper? on this page in this thread?'' I know what I shall call the forest in his story! ''The Miasmic Woods!'' Lovely ain't it?!
And maybe I'll name him: ''Miasmar the Usurper'' or something. . . . oooh. . . .

noxious exhalations from putrescent organic matter; poisonous effluvia or germs polluting the atmosphere.

a dangerous, foreboding, or deathlike influence or atmosphere.

Well, that's the definition of Miasma. . . .

I'm also thinking of making another character with the word Miasma influencing the name, or the character idea itself. Either a scorpion-like character, giant spider character, or a two-headed noxious drake. . . ..hmmmm. What do ya'll think?

(edit) Or even a Dwarven War machine! We still haven't seen Dwarves present, and they sure know how to build! I really like their war machines. . .. examples ->

I do not own these images ->

Here's one.
Here's another one. I really like how this one has the steamroller-ish structure. Perfect for mashing enemies! Hah!

Now the point is, I might make it so that it also spews out toxic gas (white colored) in the air, giving it the potential to have Miasma in the name. . get it? Death-like influence in the atmosphere.

Also, might also add a battle-ram in the front of the war machine's design, maybe a Bear or Wolverine. A wolf or dragon would be pretty mainstream. Mehehe.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 4/6/2014 23:47:20 >
Post #: 306
4/7/2014 12:19:28   
LigerBeard

@Chaos: Why thank you! I personally wanted to do a Halloween character for a long time, Halloween being my favorite holiday.
Also, made a new character based on the legend of Will-o-the-wisp: So what do you think?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 307
4/7/2014 22:01:33   
DidYouKnowThat

Question: For the whole OS community in general, I'm just curious, what kinds of characters would you expect to see coming from character contests?
Or just future characters in general?

The only one I remember is Gorillo wanting more Ogres. :P
Post #: 308
4/7/2014 22:56:08   
Gorillo Titan

Bigger Ogres.... with bigger weapons...

Also stories that would be fun if they ever decide to make them part of the game.
Post #: 309
4/8/2014 9:41:13   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Looky! These were meant to be Legion pets, but since Dage wasn't interested, maybe Nulgath might be able to use them. Comments? (drew this several years ago)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 310
4/8/2014 14:20:45   
LigerBeard

I was wondering if I could get some opinions on an idea I had.
The idea is this jungle angel warrior who protects the jungles of the overworld. Also thought about making her unique by making her wings like the wings of a macaw.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 311
4/8/2014 14:27:58   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@Ligerbeard: Then her special move would be "Mirror Attack: Copy last enemy attack for half its damage" ^_^

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 312
4/8/2014 15:06:58   
LigerBeard

Above: Oooh, good idea, I might use that! Would be fitting, considering the idea of the wings.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 313
4/8/2014 15:23:45   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^ Thanks for liking it :D, I got it from my "counterfeit" card series 3 or 4.

And I wasn't actually thinking about her wings. A macaw is a type of parrot, which imitates sounds
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 314
4/8/2014 18:08:03   
LigerBeard

Yeah, I got that after I looked at the picture that I drew of her for a few seconds. Also, I'm thinking of names, and so far I came up with Akoko(which means fowl). What do you think? And if you don't like that, what do you guys think I should name her?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 315
4/8/2014 18:28:31   
DidYouKnowThat

Akoko means fowl? In what language? When I Googled ''Akoko'' it said that it was a genus of flowering plants. . . .
Post #: 316
4/8/2014 18:44:13   
LigerBeard

Above: I believe I found it while looking up "African tribal female names", if that helps.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 317
4/8/2014 19:45:09   
Gorillo Titan

I came up with an idea for a character a while back call the Volt window I am tempted to enter it into the next character contest either for lighting or shadow I would really like to get feedback on it though.
Post #: 318
4/8/2014 20:26:32   
LigerBeard

Alright, got my jungle angel done. Tell me what you think, please.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 319
4/8/2014 21:02:01   
MentalDaemon

@LigerBeard The storyline is nice and well-written. The artwork is not bad, but the arms and legs could use a little work. Other than that, it's very good.
Post #: 320
4/8/2014 21:27:52   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@Ligerbeard: That's the first bald female character I've seen recently ^_^

EDIT: the Ligerbeard character I drew for you would make a great sidekick for that angel xD Think about it. The Lord and Guardian of the Jungle . . .

Btw, I just read the backstory of it, and it adds to the idea that at the arrival of the "Old One," Oversoul was plunged into chaos.

< Message edited by ChaosRipjaw -- 4/8/2014 21:34:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 321
4/8/2014 21:54:43   
DidYouKnowThat

@Ligerbeard: Excellent story dude! I like it! Especially the quotes you had Nulgath in your story say. Sounded great.

Deviantart eh? Think it's a good idea for me to start using that too? It'd be great for saving my work so I don't have to complete it in one sitting. :/
Then just copy n' paste once a contest comes around. lol.

(edit) WHY IS SHE BALD!? LOL. Want to give her some hair? e.e Or if not, some sort of headdress, crown, or whatnot? e.e

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 4/8/2014 21:55:27 >
Post #: 322
4/8/2014 22:56:18   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^ I think it's because she is injured when Nulgath fought her ^_^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 323
4/9/2014 1:07:30   
DidYouKnowThat

After my ''Miasma suggestion (pg.11),'' along with Tick-Tock (pg.12) and The Usurper (pg.13), I have few to think of.
I'll be focusing more on Avian, Behemoths, Griffons, Dwarves, and Vikings now.

For Avian, I am thinking of making a Roc character, called Tyrannus. The name Tyrannus is the name of a genus of birds. . . .
For Behemoth, I'm not quite sure how I will execute that character yet. However, there's still time to brew up a story. :P
For Griffons, same. . . . not sure yet.
For Dwarves and Vikings. . . . I've got my eyes on that already. Hehe.

Also, I am planning on making a Justicar and Sentinel. They are both fierce warriors, and Sentinel can accomplish my goal of creating a bulky guardian-like character.

Well that's IT. I am completely done brainstorming ideas. . .now I shall slowly work on them on Deviantart. . .LOL.

Totally going to be ready for the next contest. :3 How about ya'll?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 4/9/2014 1:13:57 >
Post #: 324
4/9/2014 1:23:09   
Gorillo Titan

You do know we still have 5 - 6 months till the next contest right?

Also I just came up with an ice character.
Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 13 of 25«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition