Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 25«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/28/2014 11:36:18   
Megadragonknight

@Chaos
Your art look really amazing! You can enter your art work in the next contest as the art entry.
Post #: 251
3/28/2014 14:59:50   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@Megadragonknight Thanks! I probably will, but I need to wait for the next contest to start -_-

Maybe if Shadow Void evolves it could look like . . .
Undead Zombie Legionaire with alternate helm, shoulder, and weapons.
There's already the Lionfangs in AQW, so maybe we could have an enemy clan in OS
A friend of mine came up with this as an idea, and I drew the final version
Master version of Fairy (Light). Change the wreath to corals (for water) or normal colored flowers (for earth). (This Light Fairy master should be all golden)
The Dove! I had an idea of it from using Black Ninja, Conical Hat, Undead Assassin Blades, and Dark Feathers
And my old drawing Pandora. Remembered about it after DKYT's thing about the Pandora's Box
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 252
3/28/2014 15:02:45   
Gorillo Titan

@Chaos make your own art forum in the art section you can post the full picture without having to do links there.
Post #: 253
3/28/2014 15:03:53   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^That's probably a good idea, but I need to figure out how to make my own art forum first
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 254
3/28/2014 15:05:38   
Gorillo Titan

They have one click the oversoul general discussion button then go to the top forum by its self.
Post #: 255
3/29/2014 12:30:58   
LigerBeard

Guys, I was wondering what you thought of this backstory I wrote here

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 256
3/29/2014 22:24:14   
DarkLore

Ballyhoo

Loco (Not quite out of season anymore!)

DarkLore (Me!)

What do you guys think?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 257
3/29/2014 23:01:59   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@DarkLore

You are undoubtedly one of the most creepiest characters I've ever come across O_O
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 258
3/30/2014 6:40:36   
LigerBeard

@Chaos: What about my character Mr Jolly?
I hope you all like him, because he's one of my favorite character suggestions of mine (I wuv him!).

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 3/30/2014 8:15:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 259
3/30/2014 14:46:42   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@Ligerbeard

Poor Mr. Jolly. That's really tragic.

His appearance doesn't seem to match his attitude though. Is it from AFTER the inventor got killed?

spoiler:

Mr. Jolly really seems like a male EMPOUSA!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 260
3/30/2014 15:59:34   
LigerBeard

@Chaos: Yes, that was what I was going for with it, at least.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 261
3/30/2014 23:11:55   
Resk

I really shouldn't get in the mood to draw at 3:30am...

Scar person?

Comments?

-Resk

< Message edited by Resk -- 3/30/2014 23:12:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 262
3/31/2014 15:43:33   
LigerBeard

I would work on the name. But other than that, I like it!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 263
3/31/2014 17:41:37   
Resk

Most of my names tend to be straigh descriptions of what the thing is.
I'm not sure what the thing is :3

-Resk
AQW Epic  Post #: 264
3/31/2014 19:10:37   
LigerBeard

It looks like a mad scientist's experiment to me, so I would name it "Experiment (random set of numbers)" or "Project _____".
That's just a suggestion.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 265
4/1/2014 14:29:09   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@Resk

That kinda reminds me of an alien in a horror story I read, where it tears the victim apart and assimilates the victim to take on the victim's appearance. To infect more people, it opens up and does the same thing to the next victim.

So perhaps . . .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 266
4/2/2014 10:17:22   
LigerBeard

I posted an OS version of Sally from DF.
Thoughts?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 267
4/2/2014 16:05:22   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@Ligerbeard

Not bad at all, but Nulgath could easily handle that: http://twitpic.com/4zsqal
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 268
4/2/2014 16:54:19   
LigerBeard

^Above: Lol yea, I just thought it'd be a unique challenge for me to attempt. (Plus I always wanted to do a patchwork dress.)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 269
4/3/2014 3:04:31   
DidYouKnowThat

Character name:
Element:

Controlled Quote:
Enemy Quote:

Description:

Backstory: As time proceeded to wait for no one, the snow slowly blanketed the vast lands of Oversoul, and hugged it warmly in the cold winter's night. As snow slowly floated down, there sat an elderly
woman with her two grand-children, Mia and Stan, in a snug, wooden cabin, who's parents had gone out to fetch more firewood. The trio proceeded to finish their supper as they prepared for another big
day. As they peered outside the window, they saw the moon, full, and glowing ominously.

A while after, Mia and Stan's parents still had not returned. As the hours waltzed by, the two became exceedingly dull. As a result, the elderly woman decided to share with them a fair share of the
mountain's lore, something Mia and Stan's parents would never do. However, the woman herself was fascinated by them, and chose to pass it on.

Legends spoke of Nightingale, the silence of the night. She sapped her powers from the moonlight, and made sure the night stayed quiet, at all costs. She prowls around at dusk until dawn, stalking
the unfortunate wanderers who have traversed into her territory. Once she has found her prey, she would stalk them for a while, then play a unique melody. It is often nicknamed ''Silent Death,'' or
''Death's Prelude,'' because of what usually follows, which is death. As the victims were drawn in, almost hypnotized with the beauty of the sound, they unknowingly ventured deeper and deeper
into the forest's dark heart, where they met their fate. And after that, the night would remain deathly silent, or so the legend says.

With still no sign of their parents returning anytime soon, the elderly woman sent the two to bed. As she walked back near the fireplace, all that could be heard was the crackling of fire on wood, and an occasional gust of wind.
As she noticed the uneasy silence, she was oblivious to what was above. Sitting quietly on the rooftop, rested a silent entity. As she had listened to the woman describe her story, she smirked, unsheathing a freshly-stained sword.

Cards:

Animations:

1-hit ->

2-hit ->

3-hit ->

4-hit ->

5-hit ->

Starting Animation :

Death animation :

Defend animation :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can tell, this character is still UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Well, still wondering if I can add to it and make it two separate characters playing as one. You know, maybe add an animal or apprentice companion.

Also, as you can see I'm going for some shorter backstories, not huge wall of texts. And a good twist, made it a female character.

Furthermore, how do you like the story? I love the ending of it, how the grandmother is all sharing about the terrifying Nightingale, and she's right there, eavesdropping, and when she unsheaths the
sword, you can imply that she killed the parents of Mia and Stan. :P

For the hit animations, I'm thinking of making each one have a different stage moon appear. So you know, lets say 2-hit. When she's preparing the 2-hit, a crescent moon appears. The 3-hit? A half moon.
And when the 5-hit is being executed, a full moon appears. As for the 4-hit, I'm going to suggest a different animation, maybe her playing the Death's Prelude melody or something, and tree roots wrap around
the enemy.

Also! For the defend animation, I plan on making a straw-dummy appear.

What do you all think? Like the backstory? Think Nulgath would like it? :)

And I'm not quite sure exactly how it would look like. Maybe a rogue, but a bit more shady with dual blades, a longer blade, and a shorter blade in the other?
Suggest! Also, what element, and what rank? Also, any quote suggestion or character name suggestion? Or shall I just stay with Nightingale, or Night's Silence?

(edit1) Should I make the backstory longer? As I said, still under construction. I might make it a couple paragraphs longer maybe. .. .or just 1 paragraph. . .. opinions? e.e

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 4/4/2014 0:23:39 >
Post #: 270
4/3/2014 11:25:45   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@DidYouKnowThat

Not to be critical; when you said "or so the legend says," usually people would expect the backstory to stop there, not continue xD

I've come up with six characters (whom I have not drawn yet) based on fellow forumite names I've known. What ya think?

Mega Dragon Knight: looks sorta like Megadragonknight's Zavyn the Dragon Knight, but more heavily adorned with dragonlike objects and rides a dragon creature.
Did You Know That (DKYT): An eccentric quiz master who travels the land, asking people random questions like: What is the capital of Bulgaria? and if they don't answer right, then he kills them.
DarkLore: a shadowy fiend who makes his home in the darkness.
Ligerbeard: A dangerous creature possessing a mix of lion and tiger traits. It also sports a neat mustache and a beard.
Gorillo TItan: The Lord of Gorillas, the greatest warrior of the Titans, second only to Atlas.
Elite Warlockz: A mysterious Warlock who lurks in local taverns.

I will the character images in my gallery sometime soon, after I draw them. Hope ya like :D

Of all of Nulgath's "Creatures of the Week," the only one he hasn't released into OS yet is the Storm Spitter.

< Message edited by ChaosRipjaw -- 4/3/2014 13:29:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 271
4/3/2014 14:19:38   
megakyle777

So... Having watched a episode of Samurai jack, I've had a new idea for a dark mage who goes around killing great warriors, trapping their souls, and using them to kill MORE great warriors for souls to trap. He attacks by summoning said souls.

...Question is, what would be good Oversoul souls to use for animations like attacks, defend, ETC?
DF  Post #: 272
4/3/2014 14:23:20   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@Megakyle777

Interesting idea, maybe then we can finally UNEQUIP our possessed character and attack with our real soul form xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 273
4/3/2014 14:27:12   
megakyle777

I wasn't thinking that. I was thinking more along the lines of a evil mage who traps people's souls. The irony is we then trap HIS soul, and use his soul to use otherr souls. SOULCEPTION!
DF  Post #: 274
4/3/2014 14:34:48   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@Megakyle777

Ohhh, sorry, my bad. In any case, that's a lot of souls O_O
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 25«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition