Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 25«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/23/2014 13:19:34   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

quote:

@above Forgot to comment last night but I really liked your koi fish character looked like it went from a fish to a dragon :) Do you plan to come up with a legendary form for it?

@Gorillo Titan, First sorry about the really belated reply. Second, I've thought about it, but I'm still teetering on a decision. On one hand a legendary form sounds totally fitting but on the other hand I really do think it would require a design overhaul to balance out the transition in between veteran and master forms to prepare for the legendary form. This would mostly be due to the fact that I fully did intend for the master form to be the fully unlocked form that totally differed from the first form with the veteran form being the transitional state. I might shuffle the order around and include a new master stage that better helps with the transition, as I did find the jump from veteran to Master a bit rough. After that I think that will be just enough fine tuning design wise and I'll write up a brief description for the character and then submit the character into the suggestions form. Thanks for the feedback everyone it was greatly appreciated.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 226
3/24/2014 13:31:54   
LigerBeard

I made an easter-themed character for OS: what do you think?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 227
3/24/2014 14:36:34   
DarkLore

LigerBeard gave me a special present a few days ago! Art for my personal character!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 228
3/24/2014 16:26:21   
DeathGuard

Did the lineart of one of my characters in flash:
Fluture
Any thoughts?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 229
3/25/2014 2:37:05   
DidYouKnowThat

@Deathguard: From first looks, it's a person in a tech suit that could communicate with nature. . . . right? e.e

Though not sure why, but your drawing did sprout a good character name in my head. ''Prodigy.'' Also the name of a good AQW friend of mine. Lel.

Just wondering, where'd you get the name Fluture? Does it mean something, etc.? I think ''Nature's Prodigy'' would be a cool name for it also. But still Fluture is a very nice name, unique in its own way
and sounds wonderful.

If the name Prodigy is still going to be free, I'll be taking that and making a character out of it. Huehuehue. Maybe it could be another name for my ''Water Wake'' idea. . :3

Or maybe Lupus can take that one. . . .Prodigy. .. a beast who only appears once every several eons or so? :O

(edit) Ahh yes! I can think of it now! Could be a Griffon, or a Wyrm. . . .doesn't HAVE to be humanoid. . .maybe. . .
Draconic Prodigy? . . .pssst, MDK, this could be a good one for you. Draconic Prodigy, a Dragon Knight. . .

Well this is what I found for the specific definitions ->
1. a person, especially a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability: a musical prodigy.
2. a marvelous example (usually followed by of ).
3. something wonderful or marvelous; a wonder.
4. something abnormal or monstrous.
5. Archaic. something extraordinary regarded as of prophetic significance.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 3/25/2014 2:43:00 >
Post #: 230
3/25/2014 14:42:30   
DeathGuard

It isn't a tech suit rather some type of armor. Also the name Fluture is a rumanian word for butterfly. Since I'm done with the base concept, I can give insight on the wings extended which will show why I named him Fluture.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 231
3/25/2014 15:57:37   
LigerBeard

@DeathGuard: I liked it better once you explained the name.
Also, did anyone like my easter character? I'm thinking of submitting it. Also got one based on Rev's asylum that I like to call The Distorted One , and a gluttony-based fiend that I simply call The Gluttony Fiend
Thoughts?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 232
3/25/2014 22:17:02   
DeathGuard

@LigerBeard: Thanks.

About your designs:
Distorted one: I think the cape could have a better flow effect, while hand could have a more present effect on the movement he is performing. Also, a tip for better details: When you are finish with the sketch, trace it with a higher tone pencil so the details can be observed and not covered by the camera/scan process.

Gluttony: you could make some elaborated body in which the mouth is open and trying to swallow everything about it, it would be a nice effect to add.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 233
3/26/2014 19:11:57   
DragonFire769799

if there is an Easter seasonal shop I think this could be a good character to add

http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/DragonFire769799/media/WIN_20140326_190238_zpse487cfd3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

the form before battle is just a smaller version except without the red eyes and sharp teeth then in battle it transforms into the giant bunny

all I need is a name. If anyone can come up with a good name tell me and I may use it

DragonFire769799
AQW  Post #: 234
3/26/2014 21:52:09   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^Either Easter Bunny or Easter Bunny of Suinotlim ^_^ (especially if you replace those eyes with Void Incarnate eyes)

New character in a while: this

Easter characters? I better start brainstorming . . .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 235
3/27/2014 6:41:27   
LigerBeard

Already have one: The Easter Fiend
And one for April Fools Day: Mr Jolly

So what do you guys think?

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 3/27/2014 11:21:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 236
3/27/2014 10:27:57   
megakyle777

So, I had a new idea for a character based around a idea I would have for a NPC and I figured you may want to hear it. it would have fit more in a game like HS but works here too.

Basically, it is a stage magician who in actually is a retired Eldritch Abomination. He conquered universe after universe like they do, but after a time, lacking a real purpose he got bored with it and wanted to look for one. He traveled to a Universe under the guise of mortal, and found a magician. He then decided he would lock off some of his powers, and use a little bit of it to become the world's greatest magician. Traveling to Oversoul, he preforms "petty" tricks like turning fire into ice and death into life.
DF  Post #: 237
3/27/2014 15:58:39   
DragonFire769799

ripjaw, I really like that character it looks amazing but I really don't like any of the suggested names.

< Message edited by DragonFire769799 -- 3/27/2014 15:59:07 >

DragonFire769799
AQW  Post #: 238
3/27/2014 16:28:27   
LigerBeard

@ChaosRipJaw: I love it! It looks better than I imagined it in the Percy Jackson series! you definitely got more skill than me!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 239
3/27/2014 17:06:03   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^Thanks ya both :D (It was done with pencil!)

@Ligerbeard You knew it was from Percy Jackson? xD

For Easter: HOW BOUT A BUNNY BERSERKER WITH REAL BUNNY ATTACKS!?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 240
3/27/2014 19:13:17   
LigerBeard

Good idea man, you should totally try drawing that. Bet it'd be awesome!

And as for an Easter seasonal, how about this?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 241
3/27/2014 19:13:55   
DidYouKnowThat

@RipJaw: It reminds me of Aqueous. Lel.

Post #: 242
3/27/2014 21:31:09   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^That's where I got the idea for the head at first ^_^

Updated my earlier suggestion post with new: characters! (at the bottom)

(Direct links: THIS and THAT

@Ligerbeard

I think I might try drawing that to go along with my own custom Easter character ^_^

and for DRAWING the Bunny Berserker? Wish me luck O_O

For more Easter suggestions, why not try switching Time Gentleman's cape with that old egg sack cape from AQW to make an Egg Hunter? Maybe take give him a basket instead . . . .

Or maybe we could use Bavaria or Augustiner or the Nomads (give them the egg sack and a basket of eggs) for Egg Hunter?

And as a last comment: OMG LOOKZ WHO'S COMING TO OS! LOOK!

< Message edited by ChaosRipjaw -- 3/27/2014 22:19:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 243
3/27/2014 23:19:32   
Megadragonknight

@Chaos
That Dragonfiend Rider undeadfiend look very epic. A rank call "Epic"? That sounds really awesome. A rank beyond Legendary. Nice name, sounds better than Super Legendary that I call.

For the Dage and Vokun, what?! They are really coming to OS? I doubt so although I know some AQW characters like Artix, Gravelyn and Throk are going to be coming to OS, if its true that Dage and Vokun will be playable as OS characters, that would seriously be way too epic! Still, I am doubtful about it.
Post #: 244
3/27/2014 23:47:50   
Igneous

If I were to make an Easter Themed Monster to possess then I guess
EASTER BUNNY - Element: Light
Looks Like: Humphrey Bogart* Faced Bunny, Stands like a man, with 5 O'clock Beard Shadow.
( *Can you spare a dime for a fellow American to get a cup of coffee? )
with a lit, short, fat stogie ( cigar) hanging from thin lips, wisp of smoke trails up, has classic bunny whiskers
Over Sized Clown Bunny Paws for the Kangaroo Kick Reflections
- Dingy Gray Coloring to fur. 40's Fedora Hat
( with ears going thru holes - right ear bent forward two thirds up - left is straight up ) - Men in Black Sunglasses
Bazooka on back for 5 strikes sticks up over right shoulder- AK47 in left paw for 3 strikes and
2 Ammo Straps loaded with Easter Egg Grenades for single strikes worn in an X fashion across chest. ( bandit style )
an Easter Basket in right paw which drops to ground as part of defense, throws single shot grenades & swing over left shoulder for healing
Monster: Can you spare a dime for a fellow American to get a cup of coffee? - I hid my Easter eggs. You will never find them.
Possessed: Defender; You're after my Easter Eggs! You can't have them!
- - - - - - Attacker; Stop, Thief, those are my Easter Eggs!

evolution history -
Apprentice: Shadow - Young Bunny: throws Easter eggs for attacks. Stacks of baskets for defense ( dark cloud hanging over head. sad but defiant look on face )
5 strike - 1 bunny charging turns into 3 then 5 ( > formation ) Sayings - I ran away from home, it was too crowded. & you can't make me go back there's no room anyway

Veteran: Fire - Grunge Bunny - sling shot throws fiery Easter eggs with ( experiments with the fires he hard boils Easter eggs with) says: I'll burn you if you don't leave me alone

Master: Ice - Frost Bunny - Shoots Frozen Easter Eggs with Double Barrel Shotgun ( burned his fingers and his slingshot with fire so he switched to ice ) It's so cool....

Legend: Light - Easter Bunny - Easter Egg Launching Bazooka ( ice was too cold, the shotgun froze up - switched to Light ) 5 strike - eggs exploding like little suns
I've seen the light - let me show you the way

Apprentice: Little Miss Bunny - Veteran: Miss Teen Bunny - Master: Lady Bunny - Legend: Stormy Monday (energy ); Mother Nature (earth); or Mrs. Easter Bunny ( Neutral )

that's enough for now - see you in OS. I could add more but I need a break

< Message edited by Igneous -- 3/27/2014 23:50:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 245
3/28/2014 5:34:17   
megakyle777

Can I have some thoughts on my above idea before i work on it? not sure about stuff like Element and Deck, or if it's a good idea.
DF  Post #: 246
3/28/2014 8:24:29   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@megadragonknight

I was thinking that after apprentice, veteran, master, and legendary, there's Epic and Immortal.

Epic for really cool looking (some character with a lot of details or Chef Deligaf for example) and Immortal for even more than Legendary (Death itself for example)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 247
3/28/2014 8:27:54   
Gorillo Titan

@chaosripjaw

Eh it already cost 606 fights to level a character from 1 - 20 anymore levels then that would take 100+ fights just to level up if they do add more levels they need to change exp gain amount and have it set so exp transfer over when you level up.
Post #: 248
3/28/2014 8:49:52   
Megadragonknight

@chaos
What Titan said, its really going to be too extremely troublesome, boring and tedious to fight another additional of 100+ battles if the level cap raise along with new rank up. I would rather once a character reach to their Legendary form and being level 20, they will need to reach to full bar so they can evolve to Epic rank and that shall be the last rank we will need if its to reach beyond Legendary Rank. Also, it would be great to add some special requirement for only few characters who had the ability to reach to rank beyond Legendary.
Post #: 249
3/28/2014 9:53:02   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^both

Oh yeah, I forgot about the HOW in leveling up. And as a plus, they'd have to shrink the image size of the char-tree to make room for those other two. Scratch that idea.

I think it might be a cool idea to have Void Cowboy ride on a horse or one of those Nulgath Bikes from EpicDuel . . .

Hey, what ya think of these? (from my early days)

Doom Bosses! Ossium: theme Vordred, Umbra: theme Sepulchure, and Invio: theme unknown
Destiny Bosses! Panthera: theme Alteon, Lux: theme Paladin, and Zara: theme that lady from Nulgath's Good vs Evil
and Chaos Bosses! Kratican: theme Kezeroth + Cyclops Warlord, Congeria: theme Drakath, and Catalaplectatio: theme Alkanthus

< Message edited by ChaosRipjaw -- 3/28/2014 11:23:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 25«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition