Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 25«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/13/2014 22:00:37   
Axel459
The Void Calls

The only problems I have with it are the date you provided which seems a little unnecessary since years are a little odd in the AE universe, I also have a problem with the mention of being on the outer-edge of Doomwood and then the mention of Solace since the two locations are in different dimensions, other than that I think it's great.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 201
3/19/2014 9:21:50   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

Computer sketch of Magma Devil
How does it look so far?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 202
3/19/2014 13:35:52   
Gorillo Titan

I just posted a new picture in the art section please comment and tell me what you think of Ghost tyrant.
Post #: 203
3/19/2014 18:11:23   
DidYouKnowThat

@Lupus: Looks NICE. Are you planning on making a rank up or something, or add a Hammer/whip? e.e
But even so, I'd love to have something like that in-game. Without weapons, it still reminds me of a Behemoth if it's a tad bit bulkier and on all fours. :O

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 3/19/2014 18:12:10 >
Post #: 204
3/20/2014 5:48:38   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

Finished Magma Devil

@DidYouKnowThat
If I ever make a rank-up, I think I'll just probably recolor the thing into black and blue and add more spiky rocks. As it it right now thought, it's pretty much a standalone character
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 205
3/20/2014 16:05:03   
Magical Winds

looks really good Lupus, like a volcanic pterosaur, I think it could have rank ups or be by itself.
AQW  Post #: 206
3/21/2014 1:50:16   
DidYouKnowThat

@Lupus: Yo Lupus, if you're reading this, I've got a real nice name for your Balrog. . .

The name's Megiddo. It's just a suggestion, you can call it Megiddo if you want. The thing is, an extremely large meteor that is believed to come down to earth at the end of time. (Judgement Day)

I can already think of this awesome storyline, Oversoul's Megiddo, crashing down to the lands of Oversoul, then something happens (Still gotta think on that), and the meteor crashes down but doesn't
destroy Oversoul strangely. Instead, the evil (or if Evil is too cliché/mainstream, then fire, and some shadow maybe which was why I referred to Evil), awakens and manifests itself as a Balrog.
Megiddo, the Balrog, attempting to bring an end to Oversoul . . .Judgement day. . .?

But after I typed this, Oh crap, this is like AQW's Quetzal and Kezeroth. . . .How Quetzal came over on a comet. . .. DAG NABBIT.

But ANYWAYS, I've got plenty more ideas for a character called Megiddo if you don't want it. Huehue. . just waiting to be stirred. . .

I've also come up with two more ideas for characters that I may keep in mind for the next contest.

1) Dream and Nightmare ->Not sure if I should make it as 2 entities fighting as one, or one entity with split personalities. . .. Think of it like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide, or Sméagol and Gollum for you LoTR people. e.e

2) Astrellica, Electrellica, and . .. .can't think of a 3rd one. But ANYWAYS, three cyber-tech warriors. . . .trying my mind at female characters this time. Kind of like Jinx and Vi from LoL.

Also I'm thinking of making a guardian character or something, like a Dullahan from the Golden Sun game. (My favorite video game rivalling Pokemon and Zelda.)
What caught my eye about Dullahan was that he was the HARDEST boss for me to kill . .EVER.. . . and I like his big bulky guardian design-ish .. .

And yup, that's a sword. XD

Also I'll be interested in making something dual-bladed. . . dual-energy bladed maybe...

Lol looks like I got carried away. xD

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 3/21/2014 2:24:30 >
Post #: 207
3/21/2014 3:30:41   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

Hoho, interesting. I do intend to give him some meteor-based attack~
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 208
3/21/2014 7:25:11   
Redingard

The problem with that idea is that it's pretty much Diablo III and cliche to the extremes, which some people said about my entry. It could be a whole lot better, at least not over-done. Heck, even something like a wizard possesses a volcano would be less cliche, albeit stupid.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 209
3/21/2014 7:46:22   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

Possible Magma Fiend rank up, although I doub I could get it in. I also fixed the original a bit. The original's color is a bit lighter because I messed up during the edit, the actual color would be unchanged.

@Redingard
I'll probably just take the name. After all it's only for an art entry. [Megiddo the Fervor] or [Megiddo of Scorched Earth] probably sounds a lot more better than Magma Fiend anyways.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 210
3/21/2014 10:29:37   
LigerBeard

I was wondering if anybody could give me their opinions of an art or backstory suggestion. Here's the link

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 211
3/21/2014 11:10:31   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

@LigerBeard
I can't say anything about backstory since writing is not one of my forte. That concept looks interesting though, look like a really skinny Cheshire Cat
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 212
3/21/2014 12:11:21   
Gorillo Titan

ligerbeard you should ask Vox she's an english teacher.
Post #: 213
3/21/2014 19:21:53   
DidYouKnowThat

So you did take the name Megiddo! Aiight! Great! Huehue.

I'm also thinking of a character revolving around the name ''Cloud Nine.'' . . .It means an extreme state of happiness, perfect for Light Element, no? :3
Or Lightning I guess if you want ''energetic.'' . . .Lightning and Light!? Heehee. But yeah. Doesn't even have to be a cloud-based character I guess. :3

@Ligerbeard: Yeeah, have to agree with Lupus, looks like a skinny Cheshire Cat. . . . .Hmmm, reminds me of a Sphinx maybe. Not in tangible terms, but I could see how it could do
what the Sphinx did. It waits on a tree limb maybe, and when a human approaches it, it would ask it riddles and questions. Get the question wrong? YOU DIE. Lel.

(EDIT)

@Lupus: An alternative(s) of calling the Balrog itself a Megiddo are:

1) ??? of Megiddo
2) ??? the Megiddo

or you can stick with Megiddo the ???. Just depends which one you like better.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 3/21/2014 21:14:57 >
Post #: 214
3/23/2014 0:13:16   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

Rahab, Water Incarnate
I probably could've stand more of a chance if I actually made this last contest, oh well = w =;
How is this one?

EDIT: Oh wait, I still have more. Having people praising me made me felt like pumping a lot of different concepts lately

Yaoguai
Centarsphinx
Wood Kirin

< Message edited by Lupus the Wolf -- 3/23/2014 0:32:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 215
3/23/2014 0:20:28   
DidYouKnowThat

@Lupus: Oh beaver-house. That's EPIC. I STRONGLY suggest you to use that for the next contest. Oh dang oh dang. Perfect!

By the way, it doesn't even have to be water. It could be fire too, just make it lava/fire whirling, and so on. Aww dang, even WIND. . . . could be any element really, just edit it and boom.

(edit) I mis-read the name and thought it said Rehab. Lolol.

Lupus and his beast army. xD

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 3/23/2014 0:40:21 >
Post #: 216
3/23/2014 0:36:26   
Magical Winds

Oh man Lupus, all great. I think the other one did great to get into the finals, but Im pretty sure that one of yours would've gotten into the finals as well.
AQW  Post #: 217
3/23/2014 0:45:29   
DidYouKnowThat

I really would like those characters in-game. xD
@Lupus: How'd you come up with the name Yaoguai anyway?
Post #: 218
3/23/2014 0:50:24   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

@DidYouKnowThat
Because I was stuck on how to name him so I just take the name of his base inspiration
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaoguai
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 219
3/23/2014 0:51:12   
Gorillo Titan

With Nuglith looking at the forums you might get a character put in outside of a contest.
Post #: 220
3/23/2014 0:52:55   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

Does he ever do suggestion outside of contest though? I'm just gathering enough force in order to be fully prepared when his next contest comes in the future
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 221
3/23/2014 0:53:38   
DidYouKnowThat

Ah indeed! Nulgath should definitely take a look at Lupus' gallery, etc. !

And I see, interesting. Veery interesting.

@Lupus: Rev did, when he saw Darkon Drago. Darkon didn't even have to win, Rev chose to do it.

And don't worry Lupus, it seems you're well prepared already. You're going to over-kill that next contest. XD

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 3/23/2014 0:54:23 >
Post #: 222
3/23/2014 0:54:09   
Gorillo Titan

Rev did it before and it was said that suggestions in forum could randomly get put in game.
Post #: 223
3/23/2014 1:06:16   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

That was a long time ago though, no? And right now they're both rather busy = w =;

EDIT: I''m aware of Darkon's case. It was announced though, and beside there was a contest at around that time~

< Message edited by Lupus the Wolf -- 3/23/2014 1:21:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 224
3/23/2014 1:15:35   
Gorillo Titan

You asked was it done before I answered that question.
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 25«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition