Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 19 of 25«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/28/2014 19:02:15   
Battlemaster39

Oversoul needs to expand to chaos element characters so some of us don't get bored out of our brains with this game!
AQW  Post #: 451
5/28/2014 22:12:17   
DidYouKnowThat

@Battlemaster39: I think they said that the engine can't handle Chaos element. But honestly, I hope it gets scrapped. Lool.
Eh, besides. It's just another element. It'll be a temporary relief, but I think something better like Character Switching or a bigger variety of Artifacts would be better.
Besides, it'll just let loose a crap ton of character releases. I'd call that boring.

Post #: 452
5/28/2014 22:14:53   
Gorillo Titan

All the battle features will not be released till all elements are in game including chaos.
Post #: 453
5/28/2014 22:38:07   
DidYouKnowThat

Which is why I mentioned that I hope it gets scrapped. Lol.
Post #: 454
5/28/2014 22:57:57   
Gorillo Titan

That would take it longer to be put in game as they would need to redo the weakness and nuetral would be OP compared to most stuff not having a weakness.
Post #: 455
5/29/2014 0:03:58   
DidYouKnowThat

It's possible to redo the weaknesses as of now.
It's impossible to add chaos as of now since the engine cannot handle it.

I think weaknesses would be faster, and better.
Post #: 456
5/29/2014 0:14:11   
The Jop

Where and when was it stated that chaos could not be added because the engine cannot handle it?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 457
5/29/2014 0:15:56   
DidYouKnowThat

Warlic's tweet or something. I'm pretty sure I still remember it, but I ain't going through any mess to find it. Lol.
Post #: 458
5/29/2014 0:31:30   
The Jop

I think they would have made an announcement if that was the case...or removed it from the game, or literally anything. I don't really believe something without evidence, and even if a tweet could be found, I've learned not to trust what they say through social media, such as Cysero saying Oversoul is out of Beta, people saying certain items are available to players that they're not available to, etc.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 459
5/29/2014 0:41:24   
DidYouKnowThat

Make an announcement huh. Man, I wish. But they'd never do anything like that. It's just repetitive character releases now.
It's SOMEWHERE out there. (=.=)

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/29/2014 0:51:22 >
Post #: 460
5/29/2014 9:53:37   
LigerBeard

Well, I personally think that they should put chaos in game. Perhaps having certain artists design chaos characters will show Nulgath that we do want chaos to be put in OS.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 461
5/29/2014 9:57:44   
Megadragonknight

The main problem is coding. Warlic and Rolith must had find it challenging coding Chaos's battle style since Chaos's ability is random. We will need to continue wait patiently till Chaos character is finally release. May Warlic and Rolith start working on coding Chaos's random ability so OS game system can support Chaos's battle ability.
Post #: 462
5/29/2014 21:40:23   
DidYouKnowThat

Well I hope Chaos element is scrapped, or not rushed. Since in my opinion, they don't really care about Oversoul, Chaos being a "rushed" element would be pretty bad. Lol.
Thing is, it relies on luck, right? Could be pretty unbalanced that way, so it must be made carefully. . . .

Furthermore, I never found Chaos that exciting anyway. I think pets, artifacts, stats, and character switching already adds some "luck" to the game, not to mention the DoT's and Stun on 5-hit.
For pets, you never know what kind of pet your enemy is using, and how they'll use it. Same goes for artifacts.
And same for stats. You never know how your opponent is built. And also to character switching. You might not know what character your enemy will switch into, and when.
Remember, elemental weaknesses. :P

Also the look. It's just purple/green with an eye and tentacle. Not my type o' character. Boring, and not that creative unless it's a character on its own visual caliber. . . .
Like, what the heck. Just get a paladin, add some purple/green tentacle/eyes, and boom, you've got a chaos Paladin. Lololol.

@MDK: The main problem is coding? Eh, if you say so. Though I think otherwise. After all, nobody really does much for OS anymore. So it's not understanding the game first,
but sending the people TO understand the game, and ultimately work on it. And they ain't sending people over, so nobody will understand, and nobody will work on it. It's this big chain o' reactions. Huehuehue.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/29/2014 21:41:50 >
Post #: 463
5/29/2014 21:52:22   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Jeez. Why does Chaos need to be random? Why not gravitate toward a different angle of a power of Chaos?

Eyes, tentacles, patches of scales, spikes . . . missing anything else?

And btw, some people (like me) don't even know if the other guy has CC or not xD
The enemy's hands too.

Personally, I really don't see how Chaos would fit in OS. I'd rather prefer Chaos being exclusive to AQW. Even though I've made several Chaos characters already . . .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 464
5/29/2014 22:08:05   
Gorillo Titan

Cause all the AE games are connected and Nuglith did draw a lot of the chaos characters only makes sense he includes it in his game.
Post #: 465
5/29/2014 22:27:36   
DidYouKnowThat

He drew lots of chaos characters. . . . Hmm. Maybe. But those were for other games.
Did he draw any exclusively for Oversoul yet?

And yes, all AE games are connected somehow, but I don't think EVERY game needs that purple play-dough called Chaos.
Post #: 466
5/29/2014 22:36:37   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

I'd rather prefer not EVERY Chaos character has to have spikes and eyeballs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 467
5/31/2014 16:34:28   
Gorillo Titan

Not every chaos character has that in AQW why would they in OS?

With the mother of chaos character being released in AQW in a few weeks makes since we get them in OS since she'll spread chaos all over the games.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 5/31/2014 16:35:12 >
Post #: 468
5/31/2014 16:39:41   
DidYouKnowThat

"Most" Chaos Characters have those traits. Enough to where I think it is alright to say "Every." But that's just my opinion.
And the same can be applied to any future Chaos Characters if they ever do appear in Oversoul.
Now that I think of it, I think it's fine for Chaos CHARACTERS to appear in Oversoul, just not the Chaos as an Element.

"She'll spread Chaos all over the games."
Is there any confirmation of that happening? Lol! Or are you just assuming?
Give me a tweet or something, yeah?
Post #: 469
6/2/2014 18:22:16   
The Finnish Phoenix

I'm good with ER and Chaos not happening. They both sound like dicey ideas with undesirable results.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 470
6/3/2014 19:14:41   
Luckydude4

A Critique of a Murderer

Introduction (skip to next paragraph if you'd like) Good afternoon ladies and gents. I'm here today to talk to all of you about something that has concerned me for quite a while: Necrosis Dezgardo, and how he's the sort of person who shoots up schools and movie theaters. You may remember this despicable doll face from one of Oversoul's first character suggestion contests. Despite my misgivings about this character, I elected to stay silent then. In the wake of the UCSB shootings, I feel that I must speak out.

To those unfamiliar with this character's story, I shall provide a brief summary. Those savvy to it may proceed to the next paragraph. Necrosis was born to peasants in no place particularly special. His town was razed by a wandering Imperial war-band and he was raised by a court mage who found Necrosis in the detritus. His upbringing in court led him to befriend the kingdom's princess. As they came of age, she was betrothed to another, a fact that sent Necrosis into a tantrum which ultimately ended with a fight between him and his king. He left, only to return a short while later during her birthday party to murder his lord in cold blood. Now he occupies himself in killing more innocents, raising an undead army, and "uniting" the forces of good by becoming the greatest evil in the land. Everyone agrees that he is a complete jerk. If you don't agree, here's the actual story: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkn03a

Now, onto the meat of the matter: how Necrosis embodies child murdering, selfish, gaumless, honor-less psychopaths. Dezgardo was raised up in a life of privileges. He thought the world owed him something. When the world didn't go EXACTLY as he wanted it to, he screamed and raged and threw a tantrum. Then he murdered his best friend's father, who had never wronged him and he had grown up around and with, just because he could and he wanted to. There was no justice to his actions, only selfishness and guamless refusal to accept the world did not revolve around him. He doesn't have an agenda. He doesn't have a higher purpose. He only wants power and respect because he was so insecure and self absorbed that he wouldn't be able to function without everyone constantly telling him he was the hottest thing around. He's a child and a fool, who bent and folded completely with his first encounter with reality and the real world. Read his story again. Think about it. I dare you.

The above paragraph is only the beginning of my "doubts" about this character. If the mods do not immediately remove this piece of constructive critism and critical thinking, I shall post more.
Post #: 471
6/3/2014 19:42:47   
Redingard

Well, I already hate Dezgardo and a lot of the other stories involved with him, and it doesn't take a genius or English professor to see those extreme faults without a satisfactory stimulus. Of course, 90% of AE is eight year olds who love Mary Sues and know nothing else, and I'm fine with that. I was one too, and that's the target audience (but not with OS). With a game like this, it's hard to believe that he wouldn't make it in-game.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 472
6/3/2014 19:53:37   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

He's a child and a fool, who bent and folded completely with his first encounter with reality and the real world. Read his story again. Think about it. I dare you.

OverSoul is neither "reality" nor "the real world". I wouldn't appreciate Black Dragons or Dragzirras roaming my city's streets either, where're the tirades about how their sense of entitlement in regurgitating pixelated fire inspires real life shootings?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 473
6/3/2014 20:48:30   
Mondez

Even though I might have rushed through the story of Necrosis the way I wanted to portray him was both a hero and anti-hero.

The reason to his creation was due to the cause in a temporary peace by being the overall villain that every nation would go against in preserving their beliefs. The start of the "Undeath War" was first due to Necrosis's selfishness when his childhood sweetheart was to partake in a political marriage between kingdoms. After leaving the kingdom at the age of 16 he took off and traveled the world to build an army. In his travels he learned of the different countries and cultures that existed outside his birth village and the castle walls. Along the way he watched people die due to the travesty of the earlier war before his.

Many of the soldiers that he commands are people that in life that knew him. Every single soldier has control of their own will and gladly sacrificed "living" to fight for a cause that Necrosis justifiably believed was good for the kingdoms and that was to become the "common enemy". I took this exposition when I played games like Final Fantasy X and read historical foreign text such as the Three Kingdoms which had cases where people would bind together despite the differences to fight the threat of their lively hood.

Necrosis matured in his own way and sacrificed everything he had gained to gain that momentary peace from family to friends. A man that burdened at that point wouldn't be considered sane, but he gained a certain amount of wisdom that way.

At the finale of the war when all the kingdoms marched to Necropolis he built over the years, Necrosis knew he had accomplished that the opposing kingdoms would have taken years to do and that was a truce. In his own perspective he would have viewed himself as the anti-hero, but those who served under him knew he was more than that and such a shame no kingdom in his world would ever learn why he committed the acts that he did except for one other person. *hint hint for the next OS contest*

Yes I admit he was poorly written out, but this was my overall vision of him. Necrosis wasn't meant to be a bloody just kill all villain, but a villain who sacrificed everything to gain something that he knew he would never see.

Every story I write are to reflect the hardships of the individual characters that revolve around Necrosis. Whether it is from the "Machine who cannot kill" to the "Hero that kills" each character has a personality or trait that derives from their own personal experiences that would later influence Necrosis.

I don't expect people to like or completely understand my character suggestion. I wrote him because he mirrors myself in a way not due to his experience or feelings, but his personality in trying to create a better world and the will to sacrifice everything to achieve that.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 6/3/2014 21:04:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 474
6/3/2014 20:59:21   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

Thing is, as far as these "kids" are concerned, Dezzy is a hero, or an anti-hero. These kids are idolizing him. They've written up an elaborate fantasy world and stories about him. These kids support a horribly written, selfish monster and goes on killing sprees and starts multi-nation wars just because he can, and no one is saying otherwise. I never said that Dezzy wasn't realistic enough. I'm full aware that this is a fantasy game. What you chaps don't seem to be aware of is how similar to Marilyn Manson or Elliot Rodger Dezzy is. This game is a one of conflict and violence, nothing is going to change that or should change that because it's enjoyable that way. But when the game and the community supports a mentally deranged, socially mal-adjusted scum, someone has to say something.

The same argument could apply to Black Dragon and Dragzirra, but it doesn't apply to any of them because RPG players don't think that way. They just want an optimized platform that can win them duels.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 19 of 25«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition