Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Legendary Ranks Drastically improving levelling speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Legendary Ranks Drastically improving levelling speed
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/20/2014 20:27:35   
Xendran

Just something to note, players are going to start levelling legendary ranks WAY faster than you guys were expecting because of this build:

https://twitter.com/Xendran/status/436672481877696512/photo/1

As your rank rises, it becomes more and more consistent which increases your speed very considerably as you approach 99.9% consistency.
Turn order is Bludgeon, Strike, Azrael's Will, Bludgeon. I seriously think that being able to destroy the npcs in power hour this quickly and then 1v1 for the rest of it was likely not taken into consideration during testing.
The difference between 6 turns, to 5 turns to 4 turns is a very very noticeable difference with each turn you lower it by.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 2/20/2014 20:28:17 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
2/20/2014 21:25:41   
NDB

These builds have been around since the game was created-NPC killing builds, that is. And, to be honest, there isn't anything too wrong about it... Here is my Caden killing build (4-turns). Turn order is just strike, Omega Override (it's tech) or Double Strike as needed, then Berzerker to kill. Caden is level 37 and and has roughly a 25-33% Bacon drop rate for extra credits.
Epic  Post #: 2
2/20/2014 21:47:26   
Xendran

I hadn't seen any 4 turn builds for high level things with drops rolling around until level 40 hit.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 2/20/2014 21:49:09 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
2/20/2014 22:03:49   
Mother1

@ Xendran

Back when the mechachild was the highest level NPC I had a 4 turn kill build for it with both my Merc and TM. When the NPC bug happened during the Ebil corp war people made a build that could 2 turn the level 35 mechachild as well.
Epic  Post #: 4
2/20/2014 22:29:08   
Xendran

I find that kinda unfortunate, as the exp rate really is pretty crazy.
I mean legendary is meant to last a while, but you can hit rank 60 within not that long of a time period just with power hours, and more if you do a bit of pvp.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
2/22/2014 5:49:22   
Remorse

I still really think they need to consider scraping the whole system...

Making pretty much endless leveling after reaching the level cap is not really a level cap..

What they should do if they want to keep people interested is a ranking system.

I hope they consider scrapping it before they become into deep in the concept which was really a silly concept because it also puts of people to reach the level cap if they are only gonna be continued to be destroyed by high ranking players with an unfair advantage as they try to level up..

Not fun at all,

But what would be fun is being matched with people with the same skill rating, and moving up the leader-board in terms of skill with no balance breaking battle advantages rather only the use of your brain..

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/22/2014 5:51:20 >
Epic  Post #: 6
2/22/2014 6:30:09   
Ranloth
Banned

Remorse, it's Devs' answer to players begging for enhancements to return - just in a somewhat more balanced form (by having to work for it and only one boost per level). NW was in-game upon the Arcade's re-release and players literally begged them for the enhancements to return & knowing the level cap cannot go infinitely, they've combined the two together.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
2/22/2014 13:17:41   
edwardvulture

5000 varium for one ledgendary rank
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
2/22/2014 13:30:39   
8x

quote:

I still really think they need to consider scraping the whole system...

Making pretty much endless leveling after reaching the level cap is not really a level cap..

What they should do if they want to keep people interested is a ranking system.

I hope they consider scrapping it before they become into deep in the concept which was really a silly concept because it also puts of people to reach the level cap if they are only gonna be continued to be destroyed by high ranking players with an unfair advantage as they try to level up..

If they did scrap the system they could redirect the endless exp gain into an exp leaderboard. That way, legendary players might be less upset and they would still have some sort of purpose. And they could even make daily exp leaderboard. (This is the first thing that popped into my mind for damage control, if the legendary ranks were removed.)
Epic  Post #: 9
2/22/2014 14:41:07   
comicalbike

8x i agree
Epic  Post #: 10
2/22/2014 16:11:14   
lionblades

Legendrary ranks are extremely not well thought out. Devs just announced it out of the blue. I already see some players at rank 30-40 (like Ruthless) and at that point its 6-8 lvl difference even at lv40 rank1. Its worse if your lv38-39.
AQW  Post #: 11
2/22/2014 16:16:11   
Mother1

@ Lionblades

all the more reason why I said from before this was made to cater to those hardcore players and telling casual players (which make up the majority) screw them. Plus with the lower playing range for 1 vs 1 38's and 39's are the punching bags of these players with even less relief than before the change.

I wouldn't be surprised it players in that range just quit playing 1 vs 1 altogether because of this.
Epic  Post #: 12
2/22/2014 16:29:52   
Scyze

I became a 2v2 player after Level 38, as many Level 40s told me to do. I am still a 2v2 person even though I am Level 40, 1v1 doesn't feel the same.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/22/2014 16:32:15   
lionblades

Yeah I already quit 1vs1 because of this. I am lv39 atm and 1vs1 has WAY to many hardcore players for a casual one to compete. Jugg is impossible so 2vs2 is the only mode I am playing right now.
AQW  Post #: 14
2/22/2014 18:28:54   
NDB

Yeah. I have never, ever been a 2v2 person, except fr like 2 months when I first started in Beta, and now it seems its the only thing I can do, especially since I'm a Mercenary. Win rate in 1v1 for that last like 30 or so battles has been 58%. For 2v2, the last 40 or so battles have been 73%. It amazes me as I have always been a real believer in 1v1 before this in terms of win rate. If it weren't for Daily Missions I'd just retrain and beat up NPCs all day.
Epic  Post #: 15
2/22/2014 22:03:56   
Remorse

It is honestly a Joke of an idea,

Trans,
A compensation for enhancements should not have to be made because the whole idea was stupid.

If players BEGGED them to give some sort of compensation then perhaps we should counter beg them to not, listening to players with little experience of the game is never gonna help.

@8x,

My compensation idea is to incorporate the current legendary ratings into the ranking system were by the people with the high legendary rating now get a kick start boost in the ranking system putting them higher up in the ranking leader-board and providing the medal rewards that comes with it.

If they did not deserve the high rank, then like all ranking system it will even out over time, and over time player will be brought to a rank level that is similar to their level of skill.

Then after all this they can remove the child friendly OP cores, make the game more complex,
And enjoy in the fact that it won't be off putting to new/ younger players at all or perhaps even more child friendly as they will be matched with people according to both their level AND SKILL!

And then perhaps both audiences sides can enjoy this game rather then just the child audience that they seem to be directing at it now.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/22/2014 22:05:57 >
Epic  Post #: 16
2/22/2014 22:33:54   
Mother1

@ remorse

I don't think there has ever been a weapon based core that has been removed from the game no matter how much removing some of them would make things better. As for making the game more complex until AE gives the green light I don't think it will ever happen completely. As long as they are trying to make the game kid friendly and overly simple there is a better chance of even more complex breaking cores that make simple builds work well rather than less of them.
Epic  Post #: 17
2/22/2014 23:09:40   
Remorse

@ Mother,

What I propose is a ranking system similar to league of legends,

What this means is matchmaking has 2 things considered, level and the skill of the person.

If you look at league of legends they are never gonna match a new player with say a diamond player unless the diamond player made a new account for some reason and even then they are quick to match you with people your skill after a few battles that determine the skill.

What this means is two things,

1. New players are not discouraged, a problem that still excists in epic duel.
2. Younger/not as smart or skilled players are also not discouraged which is also a problem in epic duel which the devs are tackling from the wrong angle.

They should NOT be making the game simple to fit one younger audience demographic, they should be making a system that allows for a range of audeince demographic and STILL makes the game younger player friendly to perhaps a stronger degree then now like all AE games should be,

THIS is what a ranking system will do.

Of coarse their is the problem of a small player base but, a system can still be in place never the less that can compensate for the low player base, and if this beneficial change increases the player base then it will also fix itself over time.

As for them unlikely to do changes that might make the game more complex, this would be an easy decision when the effect of younger players being discouraged is medicated by the ranking system.

Also they said it themselves in the design notes, they are looking to make changes to bring back a previous phase feel, and the previous phase feel I get is one of a higher complexity of battles.

And to allow for this without breaking the AE demographic, simple a ranking system.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/22/2014 23:20:01 >
Epic  Post #: 18
2/22/2014 23:26:25   
Mother1

@ Remorse

Which was why I said completely I never said the staff wouldn't make the game more complex. However due to AE having the "keep it Kid friendly" thing going they can only do but so much to make it complex without crossing that line.

Plus even with that what phase are they exactly talking about? When they mentioned a past phase they could be talking Alpha, Beta, Gamma, or Delta since all of these are not only past phases but were all a lot more complex than omega has been. For all we know they might just bring the complexity back to the old delta standard.

As for the rating system I remember Goldslayer1 suggesting that months if not years ago to solve this problem because as me and many others said equal levels don't mean you will get a fair fight.

Epic  Post #: 19
2/23/2014 13:29:47   
edwardvulture

@Remorse atm, it is impossible and impractical to attempt giving epicdueL a ranking system like league. A huge difference is the battle mechanics. You restart building your character every game in league and no one (except for some Op champions) has a distinct advantage other than skill. In epicdueL, the same builds are used over and over again and some builds will counter others and you cannot change your build in battle.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
2/23/2014 13:38:17   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

A compensation for enhancements should not have to be made because the whole idea was stupid.

If players BEGGED them to give some sort of compensation then perhaps we should counter beg them to not, listening to players with little experience of the game is never gonna help.

The idea of compensation wasn't stupid, but a nice gesture from the Devs - considering AE doesn't give refunds, at all.

By saying "begged", I meant players wanted something similar to enhancements to be incorporated into the game. Don't take the words literally, because you're wrong here. I've merely mentioned that players have asked for a similar system for enhancements, and that Legendary Mode works similarly to enhancements.

No reason to be rude about it. Oh, by the way, all these players were L30+ players at the time. I was actually for something similar to enhancements to return, as long as it's a bit more fair and not exactly gamebreaking. The Legendary Mode? Isn't gamebreaking but poorly executed if anything, which makes it end up being broken.
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
2/23/2014 15:50:33   
Scyze

@Remorse,
How many players play League of Legends? Sometimes, you might be forced to wait in order to log-in because a lot of people are logging into the game at the same time.

When you're playing against a Level 40, you shouldn't be a noob, you have played long enough to understand how the game works, because you should be Level 36+. So giving that example of a Diamond tier vs. a beginner can't be used with EpicDuel. For that to work, you would have to be Level 40 (high rank) vs. a Level... <5?
A level 3 playing LoL will have characters which are the same. So if a level 3 character chooses to play as Ashe, he/she will have the same character as a level 30 would; maybe a level 30 would have different Skins, but the character is still the same.

quote:

So what do you want? Would you rather have nothing?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/23/2014 21:22:27   
NDB

Yes. Nothing.
Epic  Post #: 23
2/23/2014 23:09:19   
Remorse

Guys I know a ranking system would be hard to incorporate and I was merely using league of legends as an example of how it is done successfully.

An example of how it may be done successfully in Epic duel, could be this:

-Keep the 5 level difference battle matching system.
-Consider your win% of the day and match that with a person of a similar win% within the 5 level difference.
-When you first start the day no ranking system is applied until you do some battles.
-Once level 40 the ranking system continues past a day and accumulates providing you are not inactive for a long amount of time
-A leader-board can be added for those level 40s with a high rank, and perhaps achievements/ medals can be given to those players.
-The arena can be used as a place to challenge people and contribute it to your rank providing you are level 40, the same person can only be challenged once per day.

Assumptions upon creation:

-The current legendary system is scrapped
-Balance is better then it is currently
-The game is made more complex (Which is not the case for younger players as the ranking system will prevent them versing harder players.)
-The removal of build simplifier cores and robots
-The creation of build and creativity enhancing cores and robots.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/23/2014 23:16:21 >
Epic  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Legendary Ranks Drastically improving levelling speed
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition