Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New Agility (and bring stats back to Delta Progressions)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: New Agility (and bring stats back to Delta Progressions)
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/26/2014 3:34:49   
JariTheMighty

^How does that work? Aren't healthy people more able to defend themselves?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 26
2/26/2014 5:05:56   
edwardvulture

are you familiar with the economic term diseconomy of scale?

Guess not....

It's like when a company gets too big. There are more levels of jobs and because of its big size, they have trouble communicating and isn't as fast.
So therefore, the logic can be concluded that the bigger you are, the "slower" your reflexes should be.

Actually, the original justification for agility was good.

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 2/28/2014 6:19:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
3/1/2014 15:51:49   
edwardvulture

quote:

This suggestion is clearly based on the 1600-1800hp mages that are running rampant, and likely the hp cybers, but have you actually tried making a low health cyber build that doesn't get wrecked in 2 seconds by one luck event?

I was over that a long long time ago, I went to 5 focus support CH, I don't feel like switching to the CH build you described. It's hard to win when you get stunned 4 times by dex tm. I actually haven't been at the level cap since the raise to 36 (not to mention 40) so I haven't seen much 1600-1800 HP mages and high hp massacre Cybers. This suggestion is not about those builds. It's about all those builds that were rendered useless after HP was made from +1 to +2. You have to consider that when I suggest energy and HP to scale by 2(0)'s again that I'm also saying that the every other stat (dex/str/sup/tech) get buffed back to its end-of-delta values. In Delta or Gamma, there was no way to fine-tune agility. There is now. The effects of "new agility" will make high energy builds a bit more viable and make spamming in HP even more possible. Look at this in perspective to past OP builds, super high HP heal loop support mage. If they got some sort of penalty for having such high HP, then it wouldn't nearly have been OP as it was.
Now you get to choose between heal looping with relatively low HP and high defenses, having the security of high HP to heal earlier, or just last longer without healing and constant attacking. This does not take from variety at all
I don't really find this much unbalanced.
For every 200 HP,
Block/Deflect/Crit goes down by 1%
and def/res goes down by a grand total of 6 which is 0.6 in the past .
And arbitrary? HP was an OP stat to invest for a very long time and arguably even now. Since every other stat has some sort of diminishment, it is only fair that the investment of successive amounts of HP has some kind of drawback.

And that talk about the other side of this, switching stats back to Delta progressions. Weren't there even more builds in Delta than say...Beta?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: New Agility (and bring stats back to Delta Progressions)
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition