Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Tech Mage - Blood Mage Energy Control

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Tech Mage - Blood Mage Energy Control
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/4/2014 10:38:38   
Darkforce832

Tech Mage has way to much energy gain , Blood Mage has a very ineffective one.

Tech Mage possible solutions:
-Reduce Battery Backup to a 2 or even 3 overtime energy gain.
-Switch up Assimilation and Energy Parasite.

Blood Mage possible solutions:
-Take off support requirement.
-Increase the amount of damage Energy Parasite deals on its use.
-Increase the energy steal or gain percentage.
-Increase the duration of the effect.

Out of all the possible solutions I prefer Support requirement to be taken off the most. Due to support being somewhat useless at this point in the game, its difficult to get maxed and still be an effective player.
If not that, I'd choose increasing the duration of the effect due to the 50 damage cap damage, it's a definite damage potential turn taker.

Side note: Also Battery Backup should be reduced to 2 or 3 overtime gain control. I'm getting tired of being in battles ending up taking twice as long as should, because two Tech Mages or maybe even a Tact Merc Battery Backup = Field Medic over and over.

< Message edited by Darkforce832 -- 3/4/2014 11:11:09 >
Post #: 1
3/4/2014 19:38:16   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

Switch up Assimilation and Energy Parasite

This is interesting

It would be a nice buff to Blood Mages to get a strong energy drainer like assimilate. It also puts TM into its place for having 2 effective energy control moves.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
3/4/2014 19:41:32   
Ranloth
Banned

At the same time, BMs turn into a class that is forced to use a Staff purely for that skill, just like Mercenaries are with Static Smash. There have been plenty of suggestions to remove the weapon requirement from both (at a cost) and restricting other moves where necessary - such as Ultimate + Double Strike or Zerker, for Mercs & slightly weakening Assimilation only (since TMs already have 4 moves that require Staff, and that'd make it 3).
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
3/4/2014 19:46:49   
Dual Thrusters

The requirement for assimilate could be changed, since it would be an exclusive move to bm.

And E Parasite is already usable with a sword. With this change, TMs will have 1 less skill that requires a staff. win-win for both classes.

< Message edited by Dual Thrusters -- 3/4/2014 19:47:21 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
3/4/2014 19:55:04   
Ranloth
Banned

Yeah, my post was regarding Assimilation mostly. This would leave only Mercs with Club-exclusive EP drain+return move, which is essentially a must, therefore whole class is forced to use a Club to compete.

As long as Assimilation would get weakened + requirement removed, I'm fine with it for BMs. Weakened due to lack of weapon requirement (and stat), as well as the fact it'd work better for BMs with MoB.
Or just remove the requirement off Assimilation (for TMs) + weaken it a little, and
quote:

-Increase the amount of damage Energy Parasite deals on its use.
for BMs. Simple as.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
3/5/2014 16:43:26   
Ruthletic

Why not just give assimlation to bloodmage and techmage that way both are equal.
Epic  Post #: 6
3/5/2014 16:48:31   
Ranloth
Banned

They won't be equal because:
quote:

BMs turn into a class that is forced to use a Staff purely for that skill
and this only limits variety. And without the skill, class will be garbage, so draw your own conclusion here.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
3/6/2014 0:18:58   
GearzHeadz

Mercs have to use a club for their energy drain, yet they can stand a fairly good chance. I think swapping parasite and assimilation is a good idea, as long as assimilation becomes 100% energy return once give. To BMs.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/6/2014 0:28:33   
Dual Thrusters

@Gearz

What Trans is trying to say is that Mercs HAVE to use a club. Otherwise they are screwed if they use a sword. When you give BMs the current assimilate, they will no longer be able to use a sword.

@Trans

I don't think Assimilate really needs to be weakened due to the req. removed. It's not like it would overpower BMs.

< Message edited by Dual Thrusters -- 3/6/2014 0:35:24 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
3/6/2014 13:57:59   
Ranloth
Banned

Weakened if they kept it on TM. I have a suggestion where it's been explained, located here. You can read why I think it should be weakened. For BMs, it wouldn't have to be. Why? Energy control is weaker for BMs, compared to TMs.

And yeah, that's what I've meant. Hence why I believe Static Smasher + Assimilation shouldn't have any weapon requirements and adjusted appropriately (power wise), to prevent abuse. Plenty of suggestions in this thread, in regards to how things should be handled if Static Smasher lost its requirement. Otherwise, as it stands, 2 classes are forced to one weapon type just to compete - and that's not promoting variety, at all.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
3/6/2014 19:06:22   
s0u1ja b0y

I don't think they could remove club requirement from static smash. It would make mercs op again. From the ideas I saw about what to do, nothing I saw would be able to stop mercs from dominating.
Epic  Post #: 11
3/7/2014 7:29:43   
mehmedovic

IN JUGG BATTLE.MUST HAVE 800-1000 MANA.
OR STRANG BUILD
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Tech Mage - Blood Mage Energy Control
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition