Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: the truth

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: the truth
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/7/2014 9:40:34   
comicalbike

mother 1 i agree the content they will like i just think the testers should have spotted it before they done it
Epic  Post #: 26
3/7/2014 9:52:36   
Ranloth
Banned

I didn't say purely focus on fixing the balance. Doing all I've mentioned without any content would take months, to get the formulae right and prevent imbalance. With content, we can expect it to be a bit longer. I've merely mentioned what needs to be dealt with, before we can see some actual balance - not absolute, but yeah.
AQ Epic  Post #: 27
3/7/2014 10:03:07   
kosmo

im sorry if i bring this point up again.

but i belive that all of this is made on purpose, the balance got purposely massed up 2 times in omega, so they could have time to fix it slowly class by class, making us change evry month, it s just a different p2w sistem.

whatever i belive that the balance between classes isn t that terrible at the moment, only bm and tlm need some slighty buffs, all the others classes are able to win greatly if well used;

on the other side, to introduce balance between builds, the things that really need a fix are those aspects that are common to evry class like luck, rage , skill/weps/stat progression.
Epic  Post #: 28
3/7/2014 10:04:57   
Mother1

@ trans

I was talking about all the players who say "Content can wait the staff needs to focus all their energy on balance." Cause as we both know if they do one without the other the players who want the thing they aren't doing will quit.

So far the only reason I can find myself playing myself right now is to get the credits needed for when the world cup cheevo comes back in a few months. If not for that I would just take a long break myself as well.
Epic  Post #: 29
3/7/2014 11:04:34   
Scyze

quote:

So far the only reason I can find myself playing myself right now is to get the credits needed for when the world cup cheevo comes back in a few months.
You could consider me the same, though I don't play ED anymore.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
3/7/2014 12:38:58   
Thylek Shran

Alot new content like a revamped Dread War is based on PVP balance. But if the PVP balance is not good
the new content is not enjoyable and won´t attract players for a long time. So the priority should always be
balance and then content. Of course graphic content could be done at the same time than balance updates
as different people who are specialized in one or the other thing work on this. It is just not acceptable to
give up balance for months when there are really big problems and very limited build choices for wins.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 31
3/23/2014 12:31:05   
lampur1

i think i know the reason loosing wasnt that bad in the old days (beta , gamma and a little part of delta) it was mostly because every battle was different , you almost always fought a person with diffrent build and sometimes found an awesome build to try out yourself. in these days loosing feals so terrible due to retraining costing alot of money if you arent rich. and you mostly fight the same builds over and over again tm - lvl 20 tank build which is completly unfair due to the class even hitting more than non tanks at lvl 35+ heal loop mage . bh high hp high str build destroys heal loop by hitting 10 times harded other classes have random builds which is really fun sometimes but thats rare :3
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/24/2014 9:01:42   
Goony
Constructive!

The truth is that Epic Duel is a game, I have played online games for over 25 years now and one constant is that games turn over players. If game developers were able to figure out how to keep players actively playing for over 4 years and also attracting new players then that model would be replicated. Even if they did then it's probable that players would find it boring that all games were the same :)

Epic Duel has a very good and loyal player base, I see old friends coming back every now and again to check out the game and see what's happening. The social aspect of the game is very important and if I was to look back and reflect on what may have triggered some players to leave. That point would be when they changed the demographic of the game and aimed at a lower age bracket in conjunction with the merger to these forums.

That's my opinion, as I found the community much more dynamic and enthusiastic with the old forums as well as having a more mature player base. The game play and balance are mostly irrelevant when the social fabric of the game is changed so dramatically and players lose that connection. There are just too many rules here and if people lose the ability to communicate and be social they will find another outlet that they can be passionate about. On this subject, the introduction of fame also broke the culture of communication within the game.

What I am trying to say is that you can point the finger at the developers about P2W and balance, but at the end of the day they are just doing their job to their best ability under circumstances that they cannot always control. Do I make mistakes at work... Umm, yes I do. Do I try new ways to work smarter and better and fail... Yup.

My opinion on balance and the current varium features is that it's not as bad as a lot of players make it out to be. That's not to say that it can't be improved, but I am more than happy to see all the features that Omega has bought to the game. These features wouldn't be possible under the game structure in prior phases and many people have very bad memories when it comes down to build/class diversity and gameplay in other phases...

Duel On :)

In Epic Duel,
success is not final,
failure is not fatal
and it is the courage to continue that counts!
Epic  Post #: 33
3/24/2014 10:33:35   
edwardvulture

^ amazing sig....

This game used to require more strategy and build making skill to win than what we see today. There were always "anti" builds and really no dominant build. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled when they removed enhancements, but to me, they made too much balance changes post-Delta. Starting with the removal of agility to +1 Health every time. That is sort of where balance went downhill.
A lot of times, the developers simply just didn't release non-varium items that were at the level cap, for example, as a level 33 in maybe Gamma, I only had access to a level 27 armor and a level 30 armor came much later.

Actually, even f2's had power gaps. There were the ones that could afford enhancements(syfy, Jari....), and the ones that couldn't(me and a lot of other people). One on one was nearly off-limits for me. At one point, there were nearly no non-varium players at the level cap in at least the US time zone. Omega effectively destroyed the f2p/p2P power gap.

quote:

i think i know the reason loosing wasnt that bad in the old days (beta , gamma and a little part of delta) it was mostly because every battle was different , you almost always fought a person with diffrent build and sometimes found an awesome build to try out yourself.

Yeah, at least you got to lose in a different way so it doesn't seem repetitive. There were also more players and faster matches where it would be a somewhat rare occasion if you fight the exact same person again.

And what Goony said about balance not being that bad is true, there has been worse but the problems we see are multiplied because of the lack of build diversity and there being a superior build that has no exact counters.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
3/24/2014 10:41:39   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

i think i know the reason loosing wasnt that bad in the old days (beta , gamma and a little part of delta) it was mostly because every battle was different , you almost always fought a person with diffrent build and sometimes found an awesome build to try out yourself

This is an interesting quote.

Didn't realize it before, but different weapons had different amount of slots. Not exactly that, but the F2P and P2P gaps resulted in F2P having to rely on a bit more strategical builds to fight back the P2P players, and did win but not as often. Stat requirements on weapons did play a small role, but not that big. Most of it was the different amount of slots on weapons and requirements were just an addition to make some builds a bit more difficult to abuse.

Thinking about it, if they had removed stat requirements on weapons but kept the enhancements system, little would change in terms of build variety - it'd merely enable you to copy builds a bit easier, but different amount of enhancement slots would still be crucial + the P2P gap. Even if the weapon upgrade system didn't come into play, nothing would change. It's pretty much the removal of enhancements which has caused it - easier build copying, that is.

It's quite interesting. The power gap has shrunk significantly, but at cost of everyone sharing the same builds, with no power difference - since there's no enhancements, but only unique cores, but that's a different story.
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
3/24/2014 11:54:02   
edwardvulture

well sharing the same builds is sort of an exaggeration, but maybe that is the case at level 40. I wouldn't know because I am not even close to getting to legendary.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
3/24/2014 12:14:09   
Ranloth
Banned

Well, not literally sharing but copying. If anything, minor stat differences but pretty much the same build - thus (somewhat) sharing.
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
3/27/2014 18:28:15   
.Sir Lazarus.

I think ed i good now. Way better than before. And im a beta player.... So yea...
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: the truth
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition