Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Free Bank storage for Varium items

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Free Bank storage for Varium items
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/7/2014 8:53:49   
Ranloth
Banned

Pretty simple actually - free storage for Varium items. AdventureQuest Worlds has Bank storage which lets you store AC items for free, and likewise with DragonFable and DC items. I'm not sure on MechQuest (whether they have a Bank), and Adventure Quest (Classic) has completely different item system - 6 categories; 8 active items, and up to 29 storage slots per category.

In EpicDuel, this would be for items purchased with Varium:
  • if you buy a base weapon with Varium, and upgrade with Credits and/or Varium - it does falls under being a Varium weapon, because you've purchased it with Varium
  • if you buy a base weapon with Credits, and upgrade with Varium - it does not fall under being a Varium weapon, because you've purchased it with Credits.

Purchasing a weapon =/= upgrading a weapon, therefore, upgrading with Varium wouldn't fall under being a Varium weapon. Also, it'd be to prevent abuse - using 10-15 Varium to upgrade your weapon, and make it fall under the "Varium item" category and get free storage.

As a note, promotional weapons purchased through the Varium packages would always be classified as Varium items and get free Bank storage.
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
3/7/2014 9:40:55   
Introduce

I don't support this, lots of varium buyers buy their weapons with credits willingly knowing its the same as buying it with varium.
It'd be annoying buying an item with credits, as a varium buyer and not getting this advantage.
Epic  Post #: 2
3/7/2014 9:47:20   
Ranloth
Banned

Lots of Varium buyers should then buy weapons with Varium, to get free Bank space, or just stick to Credit and not get it. You get what you pay for, in the promotional package. Buying Varium doesn't give you some fancy bonuses in-game, apart from using it as a shortcut.

Oh, by the way, it's another incentive to spend Varium on new weapons, because you get free Bank space. Or you may leave everything as it is now, and have every single item count towards the Bank space! :D

Sorry, but saying "varium buyers need an advantage because they pay" isn't really a valid argument, at all. You get what you pay for, nothing else.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
3/7/2014 10:10:09   
Mother1

@ trans

Actually if you buy promo's at lower levels that is where the bonus come in since not only are you getting a time advantage but a power one due to many players not having cores at lower levels. However as for this idea I can't support it either.

IIRC the staff made everything count as items to compensate for the bank system. Giving free space for any varium purchased item would kind of defeat the purpose of making everything count, not to mention they only have but so much server space for items as well.
Epic  Post #: 4
3/7/2014 10:28:16   
Introduce

What?.
This post describes "varium buyers need an advantage because they pay."
Epic  Post #: 5
3/7/2014 10:46:31   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

not to mention they only have but so much server space for items as well

That's why it's only for Varium-purchased items, not Credit. It's a paid currency, and as are DCs (DF) and ACs (AQW). DF was updated a year or two ago to have DC items not count towards the Bank limit. AQ expanded their storage slots for 10 per category - for up to 60 total - due to lack of storage for players. All are purchaseable with Z-Tokens (paid currency, albeit dropped in-game).

quote:

This post describes "varium buyers need an advantage because they pay."

You've said: "It'd be annoying buying an item with credits, as a varium buyer and not getting this advantage." Being a Varium buyer isn't meant to grant you any bonuses - the clue is in the word "buyer"; your status as a paid player means nothing. Varium advantage is another story, and this one has absolutely no effect on PvP. If you wish troll, don't bother replying. It's not needed.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
3/7/2014 11:11:11   
Introduce

You've obviously misunderstood..
I was saying, a varium buyer had the capability to buy an item with varium, but thinking there was no need because it wouldn't give an advantage whatsoever *bank space*.

* And lol, you posted about 10times on one of my posts not knowing what you were talking about, at all.
Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Free Bank storage for Varium items
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition