Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 143 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 143 - Read the first post!
Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/14/2014 15:04:12   
Jmagician

In other words, OS was destined to face this scenario from the start of stress testing?

At this point, there really is no discussion. It may seem like "whining/complaining" but I see it more as expressing our concerns. There really is no super-constructive way of doing that seeing as how the only solution to offer would be to urge AE to transfer more coders to OS, which is something we can't do.

Meh, I've already "expressed my concerns", but I don't think its right to say those who do wish to do so as well that they are complaining. A fan should have the right to speak their piece about the game, and I haven't seen any negative comments made yet.
AQW  Post #: 126
3/14/2014 17:22:33   
Cyber doom5

dear diary
week 3 still no release probably not going to get a release next week either.

all I've got to say is there better be a good reason why we have gone nearly a month with out a release.
they honestly have run out of excuses.
they told us after battle gems was done all these weeks with no release would be over. but look at this its finally finished and we still are not getting any releases.

there is nothing us as the players can do

AE is killing oversoul with neglect
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 127
3/14/2014 17:37:24   
Mondez

@Cyber
Redingard stated that OS was not the top priority of AE's importance list as stated the previous page.

Warlic is now in charge of the Android port of BG and BG is technically not finished. Rolith is busy and can only work on fixing bugs that plague OS. Frankly they don't have to give an excuse given the busy schedule the whole OS team has been going through which all of us have no clue what goes on behind the scenes at AE. Complaining and getting frustrated at the lack of releases shows how we are too comforted by the idea of weekly releases.

I won't be on OS at this point in time now since my Hard drive to my main gaming computer has crashed and no longer functional.

Also the arguement stating Nulgath was to go on a bi-weekly release schedule is invalid since all AE releases come at the ready o' clock and it was expected to be long delays because...

"OS was given TWO of the best coders so it was going to be expected for them to be pulled to work on other projects."

< Message edited by Mondez -- 3/14/2014 17:40:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
3/14/2014 17:43:01   
Cyber doom5

just sayin dragonfable, mechquest, adventure quest, aqw, epic duel and hero smash all get weekly releases and seem to be unaffected by project omni

why is oversoul and AQ3d the only 2 suffering
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 129
3/14/2014 17:45:14   
Mondez

@Cyber
Again we were given TWO of AE's best coders. Capt. Rhubarb, Warlic, and Rolith are the senior coders so it was to be expected that two of the three would learn coding to the mobile division.

AQ3D is no longer in the works due to the stopping support of Flash.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 130
3/14/2014 20:02:31   
DidYouKnowThat

I am starting to doubt them as the two ''best'' coders. I mean, it depends on how you view them as ''best.''
Sure they're really good at what they do, but they aren't really contributing to Oversoul. They've got tons of other things to work on, so much that it just shoves Oversoul out of the way.
So in conclusion, they aren't the best Coders for Oversoul in my opinion.

So really we didn't GET those two coders, they're just there to see nothing screws up BIG.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 3/14/2014 20:09:20 >
Post #: 131
3/14/2014 21:05:57   
Mondez

@DYKT
You do know they were able to create the whole battle system and CC, right?

Warlic did the whole Beta Revolution himself from scratch while Rolith did CC as well on his own. You doubt they are the best, but the fact that both coders were able to utilize two systems on their own make them the best for OS.

Seriously, I'm starting to doubt how the OS community is trying to handle things, but it feels as though as patience is wearing thin. It was known that this would happen repeatedly, but it seems a lot of us are forgetting the main details:

Warlic: MQ, OS, BG
Rolith: DF, OS, BG

The fact both coders foresee all three games is impressive and we need to be patient because I would like to see all of you be in their shoes at this crucial moment for them.

Also that was rude of you DYKT to say that both coders are not contributing enough to OS when they have contributed a lot as we have seen.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 3/14/2014 21:26:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 132
3/14/2014 21:21:44   
Andlu

Congratz DYKT. Finally a wyvern!
Also hello guys xD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 133
3/14/2014 21:33:37   
Kiazz

Hm, no release huh?
@trollok I think what cysero means with that clock is that releases will be released when they're ready; as in, they're actually working on it. Do you ever recall AQW missing a weekly releases? While timing may vary, the date almost never changes. And if missed, it either releases later in the week or has a DN communicating the problem. Also, you do realize that there's a reason for it being a clock, rather than a calendar, no?
Post #: 134
3/14/2014 21:50:49   
Jmagician

Hey Andlu, haven't seen you in a while.

The wyvern is gonna be a nice addition to OS indeed, once it makes it in game. Gonna look forward to that bad boy >:)
AQW  Post #: 135
3/14/2014 21:54:33   
DidYouKnowThat

@Mondez: I'm just saying, if they already have so much to work on, maybe they could get replaced by other Coders with less things to work on. With that, everybody wins, no?
Although for next week I'm pretty sure there will be a release. Probably Human Fisher, along with the Water CC. (Now lets hope CC's will be on time.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for le Wyvern. Meh, I'll first have to get word across on how I'd want the stance, body structure, and location, not to mention how I want it F2P in the wild. . .

Mehehe, I already know EXACTLY where I want to put it. . . .So far Jmagic's the only person who knows. . .but hehe, ya'll never going to find it! >:)
And nope, I REALLY don't want it like Moose or DFR, king of Hide n' Go Seek.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 3/14/2014 21:55:18 >
Post #: 136
3/14/2014 22:15:30   
Andlu

Yeah I'm kinda busy.
Hey DYKT I wanna know too D:
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 137
3/14/2014 22:24:04   
DidYouKnowThat

I dunno . .. I can't tell that many people. . .e.e

But either way, still waiting on an opportunity to get word across on how I'd like Soul Wyv. . .D:
Post #: 138
3/14/2014 22:52:32   
Andlu

That many? It's only one D:
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 139
3/14/2014 23:05:49   
DidYouKnowThat

B-b-b-but it might SPREAD!

Only if ya agree on not spreading the word around. <_<
Post #: 140
3/14/2014 23:07:48   
Jmagician

People are going to feel left out when it gets released :/ they are going to be like, why don't you tell us toooooo xD

Anyway, guys, seriously dat OS theme song. I can't believe no one enjoyed that enough to talk about it here haha.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 3/14/2014 23:08:51 >
AQW  Post #: 141
3/14/2014 23:08:28   
Vertigo Beast

We don't even know if he'll put it where you want it though... Just sayin..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 142
3/14/2014 23:11:25   
Axel459
The Void Calls

No one else has had the choice of where their character was placed or if it was free as far as I'm aware.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 143
3/14/2014 23:15:28   
Jmagician

Hmm I'm not sure about pricing, I think Nulgath would be courteous enough to ask for the player's opinion on the matter. Imaging if the player didn't have enough SGs to purchase his/her own character :l

Although, I do remember distinctly that Mondez and The Jop searched for their own characters so unfortunately, DYKT, you may not have your beautiful way. But who knows, maybe they didn't bother to ask We'll see what Nulgath decides.
AQW  Post #: 144
3/14/2014 23:19:30   
DidYouKnowThat

Well I hope he does. . .-still waiting on a chance to get word across to Devs-

@Jmagic: Listening to other game-themes. . .. Huehue e.e

But he did a nice job, good job Ben Moss. >:O
Post #: 145
3/14/2014 23:37:56   
Andlu

I agree not spreading it my lord DYKT.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 146
3/14/2014 23:42:20   
Kiazz

Isn't St Patricks day the day after tomorrow? Maybe we'll get a release then. Maybe.
Post #: 147
3/14/2014 23:42:45   
DidYouKnowThat

''my lord DYKT''

LOL.
Anyways, I ain't too surprised if Nulgath won't put Soul Wyvern where I wanted it to be . .. but maybe if I can get word to him, he'll think it's an alright or good idea. . .e.e
Post #: 148
3/15/2014 0:20:11   
Megadragonknight

@DYKY
Most importantly is you at least send some example picture of how you want your Soul Wyvern's appearance to look like. That way, Nulgath won't misunderstand your point in Soul Wyvern's appearance. If I am not wrong, Jop's Resonance was to be younger but Rev seems to misunderstand Jop's description. No offense if you are reading this, Rev.
Post #: 149
3/15/2014 2:58:03   
DidYouKnowThat

Welps, what about Human Fisher? Hmmmm. . .any news on that thing? e.e

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 3/15/2014 2:59:51 >
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 143 - Read the first post!
Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition