Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 18 of 23«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/28/2014 18:41:18   
DidYouKnowThat

*Cough*
@Mondez: Perfect comparison to these character releases; they're like band aids for a (insert choice here.)
Choices: Car Crash, Sword Wound, Rabid Dog Bite, A Horse Kick, Burning Building, Mark of Death, Poison, Corruption, Choice-banded Brave Bird from Talonflame, etc.

We need coders to start working on the RIGHT things, not the wrong things. So far, they've been doing all the wrong moves in all the wrong places. :/
(Rofl. .. get it. . . . it's a song. . . . )

Yes, I would like that. Take OS down for 4 months or so, and let Captain R. work on it or something.

But if they can't get a dedicated coder, then drop the characters and use the coding time spent on characters for game features. That's the good path I think.

But seriously, characters . . .Oversoul is supposed to be about strategy, not characters. Or was that just a mislabel? -.-

Besides, some people might scream bloody murder about Oversoul getting boring (even though, isn't it already? Lawl.)
Well then, I'll ask you somethin' Nulgath. Uh, can you maybe, get more active on forums/twitter or something. . . .

To compensate for the boredom, maybe you can show off some art, hold some more talks like with the podcasts, but do it on Youtube or something
since people don't want to pay. And maybe you can write off some character bios each week, like the Creatures Weekly or something.

Or each week, explain, and get more in depth about each aspect of the game features originally planned. But since Coders would be working on the features, if my plan goes
well, then guess what? They'd be possible again. And you can talk about the storyline each week, etc.
And maybe every month or two, you can talk about how the progress is going, etc.

And then after the first gameplay update would be finished, you could get Artix/Alina, or something to say "Oversoul is slowly making a comeback. Try out the new features."
Or something. . . . and who knows, maybe Oversoul's rise can also help other games, etc. Lel. I'm sure Dage still seeks revenge after being beaten so badly in the war. Haha.

(edit) And to compensate for the boredom even more, character contests! :D
Except, the characters made wouldn't be put in-game just yet. You could draw and/or animate them, and put them away for later use AFTER Oversoul gets back on its feet with game features.
And not only character contests. Character Bio contests? o_O
(edit) Come on. o_o Nulgath's Last Login 6/26/2014 1:48:07
Hopefully he logs in today. Lel.

(edit2) Oh by the way, you'd also have to balance out the XP Boosts. I think that made people leave, and I don't blame them. They're broken!
Are you going to do anything about that? -.-

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/28/2014 21:46:55 >
Post #: 426
6/28/2014 23:14:23   
Gorillo Titan

The character releases have been bad for while now several of the characters the same just a differnet name for months now.
Post #: 427
6/28/2014 23:19:38   
DidYouKnowThat

Ah yes, which can further support dropping characters for a good while, no?

@Gorillo: Can I hear your opinion about the idea I propose? To drop characters, and have coders work on Gameplay Features slowly, along with, MAYBE, Nulgath being more active on twitter or forums?
Kind of sucks how he stopped all that. . .. e.e

Remember, it's not bringing coders, or asking for coders. It is simply telling AE to get the coders to work on something that's NOT characters.
Post #: 428
6/28/2014 23:57:19   
Gorillo Titan

I'm pro to the idea not like any major holidays coming up for seasonals. Relaunch the game with a new tutorial more starter choices with stats included and a new title for people who supprted beta with a special character edits to some of the stuff already out fix the glitches increase friend list size add 2 vs 2 with a friendship bar that goes up from dueling with someone on your friends list a bigger better reward after Black dragon and more locations give each character a special ability add more quest and more player/dev communication give treasure chest a chance to drop a sgs when you try and possess it and characters who drop items and cards when you defeat them.

Just a few ideas.
Post #: 429
6/29/2014 0:02:47   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: More starter choices huh. Eh. I just want the Legendaries for the starters already. Lol.

" a new title for people who supprted beta with a special character "
That's kind of like Founder/Upholder, ain't it? o_o

Post #: 430
6/29/2014 0:08:16   
Gorillo Titan

I'd like to see Dwakel as a starter also we are missing a few elements for starters like earth and nuetral and water I think.
Post #: 431
6/29/2014 1:52:27   
DidYouKnowThat

I don't think Starters were meant for a "Everything-You-Need-Ultra-Deluxe-Package."
Lol. Starter characters are self-explanatory. They're there to start you off. Usually it's just a few elements, not from the whole selection.

Take Pokémon for instance. It's always the regular Grass, Water, and Fire trio. You don't get a Ghost Starter or Dark type Starter. . . (Unless you're playing a Nuzlocke Randomizer or something . . )

It's just to start you off, like a launching pad, so you're able to ricochet off to other characters. So you don't get much of variety for choices in the beginning, really. Lol.

Which is also the reason why I'm starting to think Starter's aren't going to get Legendary forms. .
Hmm. . . . Oh well.
Post #: 432
6/29/2014 1:56:30   
Gorillo Titan

OS needs to be unique and not a cheat uncompleted ripoff of pokeman.
Post #: 433
6/29/2014 2:07:55   
DidYouKnowThat

Well Unique does not mean different from every other game.
And I only used Pokémon as an example.
When you get your "starter," you don't get a lot. You build up from there.
Hence the reason we possess things, and why there are tons of characters.
It is to encourage us.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/29/2014 2:08:11 >
Post #: 434
6/29/2014 2:16:19   
Gorillo Titan

Give people differnet types of play style at the beginning if they had a start for each element.
Post #: 435
6/29/2014 2:17:30   
DidYouKnowThat

Well thanks.
That's exactly my point.
You don't get EVERYTHING in the beginning, hence why we are able to possess, explore, etc.
Get it?

Like I already said, you build up from what you get in the first place, which is not much.
I feel like I am just repeating myself. How must I make myself more clear?

(Edit) Eh. Forget it. If that's your opinion then okay. Lel.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/29/2014 2:22:21 >
Post #: 436
6/29/2014 2:42:38   
megakyle777

I posted this in a thread:

quote:

You see, the PROBLEM here is that it's a cycle. If noone pays, you don't update. If you don't update, then noone pays because there's no REASON to pay. If AE wants to revive these games you need to give a reason for us to pay for Soul Gems in OS or Coins in HS. The problem is if there is no REASON for us to play and pay for SG, then we won't and we will spend it on other stuff. What you guys need to do is give us a REASON to throw some money at OS and the others. Now what that reason would BE, I have no idea. But if I or anyone are to spend money on OS or keep intrest in it, we need a reason to beyond reviving it. Like i said, a vicious cycle.
DF  Post #: 437
6/29/2014 2:47:44   
DidYouKnowThat

Lol yeah, like Jop said, like I said, like you said, like everyone said.
"It's a vicious cycle." - Quote The Jop.
Rofl whenever I hear "Vicious Cycle" I shall now remember The Jop. xD
Though they already said it. They ain't going to do anything.
So I think the only reasonable thing we can do, especially since kickstarter is out of question thanks to Gorillo's information,
is like how I proposed. We should get the coders to lay off of the characters for a very good while and. . . .

you know what? Just look at the posts above. -.-

(edit) But at least now people are getting it. Hehe.
Maybe some more people will realize now that community effort will not be all it will take to get OS up and running. -sigh-
There's a fine line between reality and fantasy. . .. it's horrendous when that is ignored. Hehe, I feel like a good character quote comin' up. Lawl.

(edit2)

@Megakyle: Which thread exactly? I'd like to skim it over. Heh.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/29/2014 2:56:35 >
Post #: 438
6/29/2014 4:39:11   
Mondez

Well I posted in the thread and hope that the staff takes the issue seriously, but of course it'll be shut down with every other solution we came up so far.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 439
6/29/2014 9:14:40   
Cyber doom5

im just going to say, Cysero seems pretty ready to shoot any idea down that anyone offers, i think they fail to realize that they have people who are willing to volunteer there time for free to help further the game, he says that if know one is buying anything the game will not be able to continue.
My response, If you dont release content no one will pay, and when no one pays no one plays

they seem quick to blame us for not spending enough money to support the game, but in reality it is there job to make people want to pay for features, which oversoul is severely lacking.

Add more features = more money = more prosperous game
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 440
6/29/2014 9:43:03   
Gorillo Titan

Cysero pretty much said they tried to do the same for HS add a bunch of stuff which they did at least 200 quest lots of different enemies and weapons but the problem with herosmash they never added a weapon enhancement type system like AQW so every weapon and object does the same damage and protects for the same amount being another dress up.

Just cause it didn't work with HS you could try with OS which has a completely new playstyle and would bring a new type of player to your games.
Post #: 441
6/29/2014 10:20:31   
Cyber doom5

While that would be the smart thing to do.

You know they wont because they would it seems rather let there investment waste away

actually i should correct the above statement

They would rather let our investment waste away

< Message edited by Cyber doom5 -- 6/29/2014 10:41:34 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 442
6/29/2014 11:09:31   
Gorillo Titan

It's pretty annoying knowing that they might not be reading are post up here though the fact Nulgath asked for ideas after we already had several pages of them makes me think he didn't.
Post #: 443
6/29/2014 14:43:17   
Sparhawk
AQW Game Moderator

I am certain that these posts are being read. I am certain that Nulgath, along with the rest of AE, cares. I think his hands are tied with both what he can say and what he can do. If you care about this game I urge you to keep things positive. The challenges and tournaments are awesome. This, to me, seems like the best approach to keeping this alive.

Just my opinion. Best of luck.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 444
6/29/2014 18:36:57   
DidYouKnowThat

@Sparhawk: Yes, of course his hands are tied. That NDA contract though. Rofl.
I'm certain Nulgath cares. . .though the rest of AE? I cannot say the same.

My opinion is that, this "negativity" ya'll be generalizing it ain't meaning you don't care about the game. Must the only way to show you care, is by being positive? I personally hate that idea
whenever I see it. You cannot just criticize something at first glance, but first look through it carefully. Though it's just my opinion. Haha.

@Cyber Doom: Yay, another person who gets it. I think blaming the players is a pretty messed up deed, and to a certain extent selfish. Maybe that could be said about HeroSmash, though I personally didn't like that game overall.
But I seriously don't think that could be said about Oversoul. Reality, it was not given a chance, any way you look at it. Characters are nothing for a strategy game when you don't have the key component: STRATEGY.
Am I right? Though that's just what I think . .. My thinking: A strategy game isn't just about characters.

@Mondez: Did they say anything about the solution I proposed? Having the coders not work on characters anymore, but slowly on gameplay features?
Personally I see it as a reasonable solution that won't require more $$$ being spent on OS than it is now. . . Eh . .though I may be wrong.
Though if they do "shoot" it down, I wonder what the reason will be. Maybe then, we can get more information, and bring up a better solution. Hah.

Post #: 445
6/29/2014 18:45:19   
Skurge
The Dealer

DidYouKnowThat: OverSoul is just as much AE's game as it is Nulgath's. Why wouldn't they care?

As for the idea that "coders should work on gameplay features" etc. etc., it's not that simple. Coding characters into the game is far easier and requires substantially less resources than implementing huge gameplay changes and features. Like Sparhawk mentioned earlier, it's best to stay positive. Being negative only spreads more negativity; ultimately, losing faith in the game altogether (to be honest, that's all I've really seen in this thread so far).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 446
6/29/2014 18:50:50   
DidYouKnowThat

@Skurge: Well. Thing is, this game ain't in a very comfortable situation as everyone knows. Lel.
So it's just a matter of forgetting about it, and moving on as they're doing now. Why should they spend time caring about a game they're not going to work on (correctly) anymore,
when that'll just slow them down on their progress? Hmm.

Yeah. I expected that. It ain't so simple. But really, who cares if it'll be slow. As long as there is real progress. . . well wait, how slow are we talking about. Rofl.
If it's like, 1 update per 2 years then forget it, unless you're going to take it down first.

Negativity ain't bad. Only if you can handle it. Maybe it's good to be positive, I am sometimes, though it's best to not let it blind you.
Post #: 447
6/29/2014 21:38:47   
lightriftwalker122

hmm this is sad oversoul not continuing. we need to find a way to revive oversoul More coders or artists i guess. its not impossible but unlikly. if it were revived the thing i would want to be implemented the most would be the storyline more than anything else.
Post #: 448
6/29/2014 21:48:07   
Mondez

@Skurge
Coding characters in is easy, but it's a band aid fix to the problem. Sure players join due to possessing their favorite characters, but how long would that last before the gameplay starts becoming stale? Sooner or later more players would leave than those joining and that would pretty be the end of OS at that point. All we ask is to have one dedicated coder to get OS going on features to have something to look forward to.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 449
6/29/2014 22:56:31   
DidYouKnowThat

@Lightriftwalker122: Eh. Your views contradict mine. Heh. I would want gameplay features, more than storyline. . . . .
Though I guess I can see it your way. A good storyline would attract more theories/predictions/conspiracies, etc., and draw more attention
and curiosity to it. And due to that, it'd attract a larger player base, more money/population would flood in, and if Nulgath gets more active maybe,
Oversoul could then get started ASAP on gameplay features. But seriously, no more characters. . .
But I do recognize that there are characters included in the storyline. . . but after storyline characters, no extra ones that play no part like Godzilla, or Clash of Clans, or anymore silly AQW characters.
I think gameplay features/ storyline should be priority, then we could get back on characters.. . though it'd be a super long journey. . .compressed into one horrible (grammar-wise XD) sentence.

Not to mention the storyline planned for Oversoul is pretty awesome. It reminds me of my favorite game, Golden Sun. The 3rd version of it (There had been three versions so far: The Lost Age,
The Elemental Stars, and finally, Dark Dawn. In the "Dark Dawn," you have to find Umbra Gears. Kind of like how WE have to find the 7 crystal artifacts, Yes?! And with the Umbra Gear, you'd have
the key character Sveta, a Beastling of Morgal, wear it, and you'll be able to access the Apollo Sanctum, survive the light, and . . . well I wouldn't want to give any spoilers Heh. But it is definitely something that
should be checked out. It also has a free-world exploring thing. . .like Oversoul's map system KIND OF. And there are so many hidden treasures, bosses, and my kind of puzzles/strategy.
Oh man. And the themes. o_o Gotta love that Venus Lighthouse. (The Elemental Stars) Along with the Rock-version if you feel like it.
Along with the amazing Dullahan Theme in Dark Dawn. (Remix of Saturo's Theme. One of the main antagonists in The Elemental Stars along with his partner Menardi.)
And my favorite of all the battle themes by far I believe. Battle Theme One- Dark Dawn

Ah yes, as you can see, I REALLY like Golden Sun. Best RPG that has ever existed thanks to Camelot Software Company, heh. And I really do hope a 4th one arrives. Camelot has said if
the demand is high enough, they will. Although it will take some time, since the storyline is so EPIC. The villains are all great, the protagonists as well, EVERYTHING is. The lore, everything. o_o
Blados, Chalis, Volecheck, Menardi, Saturos, and dang Dullahan, hardest boss ever in RPG history probably in The Lost Age. . . Along with Isaac, Mathew, Karis, and Kraden would possibly be like a Warlic. Hah.

Ok I'll stop now. It's getting off-topic. -.-

ANYWAYS. *ahem* This is what happens when the topic of storyline pops up.

Ok then . .lets see.

@Mondez: A dedicated coder. . . wish AE had more coders, yeah? I see little to no chance of that happening. . they'll need them a ton for other things. . . .
Though I must agree. . . eh . . . .HOWEVER.
I hear people say that they want OUR investments to go to waste. Cyberdoom I think?

Well this was exactly what I was talking about. Most of the times it is called investing, or paying, blah blah.
But reality, you're actually DONATING to the game. . .and that is where all the bad business plagues come in. Since you're donating, you're not actually "investing" really. . . .
so at the worst, if people keep saying that, one day they're going to turn around, snap, and say that. And it's your fault for "donating." . . . . .I know. . .ugly, right? Lel.

Either way. . . .one coder, I don't think they'll do it. That's still asking too much. Though, perhaps if they do switch from doing characters, to doing gameplay features and/or storyline,
since like Skurge dude said, it's NOT AS EASY as it sounds. Well, maybe we can get AE to get the coders to work more on OS. Not full-time, that is not happening.
But to an extent that gameplay features would be slowly produced. But not slowly as in 1 update per year or something. . . not slowly as in 1 update per 2 years. . get it?

(edit) Still awaiting a real lengthy / accurate / question-answering reply from Nulgath. I just hope this doesn't get dragged out to a darn 30-page. Then it'll be locked probably ASAP and then all the questions
gone to waste, and then probably someone will have to re-post, but not all of them, and it'll just be horrendous. =.=
Hopefully (although maybe impossible) someone can ask AK or somebody to let this Q&A stretch above 30 pages. . . then after it is done, immediately lock it. Voila, everyone wins. A locked topic, and questions answered.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/29/2014 23:29:10 >
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 18 of 23«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition