Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 19 of 23«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/30/2014 9:35:31   
Cyber doom5

Investing is putting money in to get a future reward and it usually comes in the form of SG or a character. Donating is just giving money to help further the game with no return expected.

at the point we are at a lot of people are buying sg to give the game money to keep alive.

what we need is literally a donate option. just a button in and out of game that lets you donate xxxx.xx amount of money to help get new coders and animators since they dont seem to want to take free help from all the people who are offering it.

Im gonna be completely honest, what they have done to Oversoul has pretty much turned me away from all AE games, and that pretty sad since i have been playing there games since early Adventure Quest.
It really makes me sad to see that because it had a few problems, they are willing to let a game with so much potential die. they need to realize even though they had Rolith and Warlic working on the game, they were only two coders, i do not claim to know how many are working on AQW or DF but im sure its a hell of a lot more then two.

< Message edited by Cyber doom5 -- 6/30/2014 9:40:57 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 451
6/30/2014 12:41:02   
Gorillo Titan

IS OS the only AE game without a tutorial intro quest type thing?
Post #: 452
6/30/2014 14:08:12   
Blackshock

I don't think MQ's tutorial was all that in depth. All the intro dropship had you do were a few minigames and a spot to grind til you can buy some starter equipment. DF and AQW had proper intros quests, same with HS. OS kinda just dropped you in the middle of things with barely any exposition.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 453
6/30/2014 14:28:01   
Gorillo Titan

A lot of people think evilcorp and AE are two differnet companies and don't wanna play OS do that. >.>

How about just giving random characters start putting in the ones people suggested on the forum?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/30/2014 22:57:35 >
Post #: 454
6/30/2014 23:11:23   
DidYouKnowThat

@Cyberdoom: "Investing is putting money in to get a future reward and it usually comes in the form of SG or a character. Donating is just giving money to help further the game with no return expected."
You're giving money to them, yes. They give you AC/SG's to spend on items, yeah sure. But you are not guaranteed for a game that is going to flourish. It could die, and it's your fault for choosing to donate.
But it's. . .kind of "evolved" to now people look at it like you're buying SG/AC. But it all started out as donations. They give you the AC/SG to entice you to donate. Lel.

"need to realize even though they had Rolith and Warlic working on the game, they were only two coders"
Yay, more start to realize finally. Lel. And that Rolith/Warlic were stuffed with other tasks for other games.

@Gorillo: Lel. You serious? xD People won't play OS because they think it's Ebilcorp, haha. Though I don't believe they'd play now even if it isn't Ebilcorp's. . . the state is in ain't very nice.
Eh. . . if that could be the last resort, though . .. that coding though. *_* Haha. But if they seriously can't drop characters and focus on gameplay updates for a while, then I guess
resorting to just plain ol' characters would be best for the small community left.

Though are ya'll seeing this. If you're going to move toward characters. . . .well that'll really kill Oversoul in my opinion. . . . Heh.
It'll only center around a very small community. . . and you can't guarantee it is Nulgath has to work on other projects, also Warlic would also be pretty busy as well.
Not to mention either that, or Oversoul's just going to be a place to dump your art. . . .. From strategy game, to art dump. Ehrm, ok. . . . .
Post #: 455
6/30/2014 23:16:08   
Gorillo Titan

I noticed a lot of younger AE players think that.

Rolith is a game lead for DF him working on OS is the same as Nulgath working on something else while OS suffers.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/30/2014 23:18:07 >
Post #: 456
6/30/2014 23:28:02   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Geopetal is game lead for DF not Rolith.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 457
6/30/2014 23:33:20   
DidYouKnowThat

Does Rolith even work on OS anymore. Thought it was only Warlic coding in characters. Lel.
Post #: 458
6/30/2014 23:42:47   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Last I heard Rolith hasn't worked on OS since the official PvP tourney last year, not sure if there is any truth to the statement though.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 459
6/30/2014 23:45:45   
Gorillo Titan

Lead programmer head of game >.> still the head of something related to DF

Every time I ask Rolith he says he has to much on his plate to work on OS.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/30/2014 23:46:29 >
Post #: 460
6/30/2014 23:55:07   
DidYouKnowThat

He's still lead programmer head of the game .. . ? . . . .That's embarrassing, since he ain't even working on it.
Post #: 461
7/1/2014 0:02:36   
Gorillo Titan

As far as I know Warlic is the only coder for OS right now its been over a year since Rolith worked on this he may have helped with the combo feature but not sure.
Post #: 462
7/1/2014 0:04:46   
DidYouKnowThat

I thought combo bonuses was all Warlic.
Post #: 463
7/1/2014 0:17:42   
Gorillo Titan

I said may have we don't have communication with the DEVS we have no idea what going on.
Post #: 464
7/1/2014 0:50:37   
DidYouKnowThat

And I said "I thought."
Eh . . .I think this was what Q&A was for. . . but it's taking way too long. . . ..
Post #: 465
7/2/2014 0:43:14   
BJEBLE

Ok so I've noticed something odd ins OS lately. I can block damage when I have no shields, and this can consistently be reproduced. So this is either a very consistent bug. Or blocking chance has actually been introduced into OS which I think is pretty cool. Even though this was supposed to be decided by stats, I think that if it has been introduced into the game, it's still promising because something has been done.
DF  Post #: 466
7/2/2014 0:55:35   
Gorillo Titan

@ BJ Are you in the LAB dungeon?
Post #: 467
7/2/2014 0:57:25   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@BJEBLE Actually if you're up against Earth monsters and they use Crush without shields, then it shows up as zero damage. It's the same with Ice characters except their shield to damage isn't just an ordinary strike.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 468
7/2/2014 1:14:39   
DidYouKnowThat

So I was thinking. Wow, Oversoul early testing was so great. Let me just go dig in the forums.
Hey! Look at what I found. Haha.

Re-Focusing
Instead of painting ourselves in a corner of not pregressing the actual gameplay because we're too busy creating small releases each week,
we've decided to hone in on devloping the key game features of OS that will make it the complete game I set out to make.
If Oversoul was a car you wanted to improve, you would start by working on the engine, making it faster, stronger and better.
You wouldn't just give it a fresh coat of paint and say it's done because it looks shiny on the outside.
I feel like that's what we've been doing without knowing it. Making the outside of the car look nice while the engine was riddled with problems.

This. . .This is right on spot. All these characters, are small-releases. What killed Oversoul in my opinion. Drowned it in all that "paint." Lol.
Spent all your money fixing it up the WRONG way. Say it was a race. Just a good paint job ain't going to help you out no way, no how.
Yep. Kind of like a race. Have to finish before the time-limit (money) runs out. Players ain't going to keep dumping in money, or in other words, wait on you forever.
Time doesn't wait on you. It just goes passing by. And like they say, time is money. . .

Good thing I found this. Woohoo.

Now it'll go great with supporting the idea I proposed. Mehehe.

Anyways, you get the point. Oversoul needs to start Re-focusing. And I don't think that's too late if we DROP characters for a while.
Like my idea.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 7/2/2014 1:20:18 >
Post #: 469
7/2/2014 2:39:54   
Mondez

With way things are and no answer to be told from the head himself other than the two posts I only fear for the worst with OS.

I still need to tweet Alina, Artix, Nulgath, and Cysero on why OS should get the team it needs, but for some reason I have the feeling they are done with OS and will not hear any reasons judging the way things are being handled at the moment. Every idea we came up was shut down and the reasons are plausible, but it's like they gave up on it and decided to throw in the towel. Plus to make things bad for the community was the post from Cysero on the game's life's blood and some people pointed out that the message meant that the game is dying because it was our fault that we were unable to support it enough.

It understandable that if the game doesn't make money you start to cease development and eventually stop it, but OS is an unfinished product that was abandoned as soon as it was started. You can still make a Kickstarter out of OS since on terms it's under development, the money donated would go towards a full time coding team.

Oh right I forgot Kickstarter is out of the question and so is Kongregate and etcetera and etcetera. I don't know what we are supposed to do in a situation like this and no word from the head himself since. Some people in the forum have tried numerous attempts in bringing people in. I bet the people that joined would leave the same day because it's fun until it starts to become tedious, boring, and bland because of the lack of gameplay features that would have made people stay for a good amount of years the same as AQW.

Problem is that the developers gave up and moved on which in reality is upsetting to the community that supported this game. I know that I don't have the insight to what is going on in AE, but without any communication from the head since the last two posts he made, it seems that there is no more to be answered. Basically I take it as a message as take what is left of the game and move on.

This is a sad shame to a promising game only to be left to rot because it wasn't able to gain a big user base. There was barely a team meaning two coders, two artists, and two musicians. The coders were swamped with work and taken away, gameplay was sacrificed with band aid life support, and the creator of the game abandoning his child to work on another's.

I enjoyed my time I had here and without any clear answers to this current dilemma I can say I am done with OS. It was fun since stress, alpha, and finally beta days. Looks like the remaining hope I had for OS has finally extinguished and I can see no more hope for this game unless AE decides to give OS the proper team it needed from the beginning that it was denied.

15 people for HS? Why only 2 coders, 2 artists, ans 2 musicians for OS? Why decide to drop it without OS having a proper team? These answers will never get answered. G'night.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 470
7/2/2014 2:40:30   
BJEBLE

@Gorillo No I was not in the labyrinth dungeon, it happens when I'm facing any type of character.
@ND No it just does the words blocking and I take no damage.
DF  Post #: 471
7/2/2014 2:54:20   
Megadragonknight

@Mondez
Another OS forumite/player going to leave. I hope you can come back soon again. :(

I want Artix to personally come and communicate with us and give us the answer we all need. If they really give up on OS, just say. I can take it rather than having false hope which is worst than the truth. At least OS having character release will make me slightly happy though I want to have major update.

The Dev really should try for major update for once on OS and see if it can attract more than 100 players to play, if this succeed and many player decide to join/play OS and purchase SG, maybe Nulgath will finally decide to focus on OS again and give major update other than character release. The fault can't be ours and Cysero is wrong to say that if there is no major update for us so we can have reason to spend our money on SG. Not saying the fault is Dev too.
Post #: 472
7/2/2014 2:56:42   
DidYouKnowThat

@Mondez: There hasn't been anything said about the idea I proposed. .. right?
Although we'll never get a full team, they can at least give coders more work for Oversoul to the point that gameplay features could
be produced slowly, but not TOO darn slowly.

But yeah. . . this Q&A. . . . I'm getting impatient. It'll only take some more time before I take this as a joke of a Q&A sort of. . .
Like a final mock/insult to the small community. Lol.

@MDK: Yay. Ya get it now. :P
Though it looks like I've lost quite some reputation posting all that crap, it's worth it. Haha.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 7/2/2014 2:58:23 >
Post #: 473
7/2/2014 11:33:48   
Gorillo Titan

How about a new reskin using quaztik fin wing things on the character?
Post #: 474
7/2/2014 19:22:33   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Speaking of character releases, I've noticed something.

Back in the early days of Oversoul, I used to think that characters with blue runes are more abundant than characters with red runes. And there would be significantly fewer characters with different colored runes and those with the symbols in the center.

If Nulgath is gonna keep releasing characters, I think he needs to go back to characters like peasants and stuff like that, to further expand the "world."
Nearly every single character recently seems to have a different colored rune or some design in the center, or is part of a special event (Easter for example).

There are no dogs, cats, or any normal animal other than bats and the lightning wolf. (I don't consider Dread Hound a normal animal.)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 19 of 23«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition