Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 23 of 23«<1920212223
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/18/2014 13:50:29   
Gorillo Titan

Half of the best characters in game are free to get without sgs. Also thats the way AE works people who spend money get better stuff but also os is lacking cause we just get such small releases a sgs only character is a big deal.
Post #: 551
9/18/2014 14:23:53   
ValkyrieKnight

quote:

Well, you're not really missing anything since Ogre Maiden's evolution is pretty bad, also you only have to get her to level 10 to evolve. If they gave a high gold alternative to getting SG characters, they would most likely have less SG purchases, and players with X-Boosts would still have a huge advantage because they can get nearly 7 times the normal amount of gold and experience.

Exactly, it requires too much time and energy to save up gold and level characters without boost so to make characters who people invest in then throw SG requirements on them is not good customer service and makes people want to leave. It doesn't matter how much extra time a free user invest in their characters the developers keep adding new SG only content that nullifies it all. With overpowred masters and legendaries making nearly the entire roster of characters pointless on top of a low playerbase free players quickly wonder why they're investing so much time into this game and leave.

Free players are the lifeblood of a MMO just as much as paying players are because there is a chance that if they enjoy the game enough they will turn into paying players like myself who began working 4 months ago. Without free players paying will feel like paying gives them no advantage since there is no one to have an advantage over.
AQW Epic  Post #: 552
9/18/2014 15:16:24   
Gorillo Titan

OS isn't in a good position at the moment.
Post #: 553
9/18/2014 15:59:55   
ValkyrieKnight

When players start PVPing more and stop spaming the most OP legends I'll be happy to play more. If Epic Duel was anything like this nobody would play that either.
AQW Epic  Post #: 554
9/18/2014 17:30:34   
kakarot1123

quote:

Considering how many characters (really broken ones imo) are exclusive to SG on top of how many elements free users have to farm vigorously to get good card sets it not only heavily limits their capabilities it just makes and already hard to enjoy game even harder and people just can't get over it. Again, free players are heavily restricted. I can't begin to describe how many hours I put into getting Ogre Maiden only to find out after getting her to level 17 (with no exp boost) that she'd get a evolution that is........of course, SG only.

You can obtain endgame characters with every element except Light without spending a single SG. Additionally, several of these characters are better off with no CC, or maybe just one Neutral 525. Examples include Volt Engineer, Mana Guardian, and Tyrant Moose.

SG benefits are being able to farm faster with XP/Gold Boosts, buying SG characters which are sometimes marginally stronger than free alternatives, buying more card packs with a guaranteed high rank card, and being able to guarantee capture against a defeated monster. The discrepancy between SG and free isn't nearly as large as you're making it out to be. In fact, it's mostly a matter of convenience than it is power.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 555
9/18/2014 18:06:27   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

When players start PVPing more and stop spaming the most OP legends I'll be happy to play more. If Epic Duel was anything like this nobody would play that either.

To add to what Kakarot said, all five elemental tournaments so far have been won by free-to-play characters (Ice: Cosoma*, Shadow: Poison Drake, Fire: LoveWeaver, Earth: Minotaur, and Water: Soul Wyvern). The energy tournament is very likely to be won by Volt Engineer, also F2P. Ice and Energy, two of the best elements, require little to no CC (clinton's and Jop's Volt Engineers both use only two slots for Neutral 525 and a Charged with clinton being undefeated and The Jop having lost only to clinton), and Volt Engineer can consistently beat Queen Aegea and is a match for Neutral/Ice/Earth Legends who have to play very carefully to avoid being killed before they can set up, if they can avoid it at all. OverSoul has become decreasingly pay-to-win. Not only because all of the groundbreaking characters this year are F2P (Tyrant Moose, Soul Wyvern, and Frost Dragon), but also because time has passed for F2P players to easily accumulate Level 20's, and with any degree of devotion to the game they can get the best free characters for each element to 20. By the end of 2012 alone I had eight Level 20's well before XBoosts were a thing, and now there are free players with 30+ Level 20's. SG's really only help to obtain CC's faster, and since we haven't gotten any new CC's for a long time it's only a matter of time before the gap between F2P and SG CC's narrows to the point of being negligible. If you think this game is run by OP pay-to-win Legends you're mistaken, the only pay-to-win Legends that are good are Neutral ones whose differences to Shaolin Monk are negligible, and Queen Aegea which can be beaten by F2P characters of other elements.

*I checked with DeathGuard (the runner-up) and he said Beck was indeed using Cosoma (Vet) and not Cosoma Titan to win the tournament. Then again, it was Beck so he probably could've done it exclusively with Ice Beetle.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 9/18/2014 18:17:23 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 556
9/18/2014 23:28:10   
Gorillo Titan

Can someone talk to someone about a card suggestion contest?
Post #: 557
10/14/2014 22:51:16   
edwardvulture

Seriously, please fix the JSON badly formed bug when trying to create a character. I have encountered this bug for years and am unable to create a character on my main artix account. The only time I was able to create a character was the very beginning and it is extremely frustrating when you are one item away from completing the omniKnight/AE birthday event.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 558
10/15/2014 12:05:21   
Gorillo Titan

Ice matron should get a ice neutral rank up.
Post #: 559
11/2/2014 8:33:09   
Silence lord Simidor

Hallo,
First: Nice to meat you all, You may call me Simidor.
Decond: I did not read everything here from start to end, but I did read the ''OS isn't in a good position at the moment.'' (I know, I know, a n old post...), and as I can see now, OS is not in a bad position neither.
More and more are getting to like this game everyday, and Nulgaths art is AWESOME!
A story can help?
Third: Well...
I do not know if it is the right place for characters suggestions, but I can not be TOO wrong, right?
What about those characters?: A birdgirl (Harpy, Siren), a drow priestess set (Drow Priestess > Drow High Priestess > Drider), a Centaur and a snakegirl (Lamia, Medusa, Naga).

Anywere there is darkness, Hope will be.
Anywere there is Hope, you will see me.
AQW  Post #: 560
11/2/2014 8:36:10   
Gorillo Titan

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21104814 If you want to suggest a character use this section.

Hey guys I finally found out who drew mother and grandmother zard it was galanoth sadly he has no twitter so no way to contact him. :/
Post #: 561
11/2/2014 8:36:38   
megakyle777

Hello and welcome to this place!

OS is not doing too badly right now, but it could always be doing a lot better. You can help with that by spreading the word of the game.

As for character suggestions, you should try here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21104814 the template helps to flesh things out but is not needed.
DF  Post #: 562
11/3/2014 9:42:03   
Gorillo Titan

Are we ever gonna get spectator mode and 2 vs 2 fights?
Post #: 563
11/3/2014 10:06:46   
Blackshock

I wouldn't bet on it happening any time soon since the game isn't built to handle more than two people in a pvp instance yet.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 564
11/3/2014 10:08:09   
Gorillo Titan

Wasnt it around this time last year we got the last big game feature?
Post #: 565
11/3/2014 10:10:42   
Blackshock

well the staff situation this year and last year aren't quite the same I guess
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 566
11/3/2014 10:14:40   
Gorillo Titan

Rolith left early last year so it actually is lol >.>
Post #: 567
11/7/2014 12:34:20   
bladewolfe2002

can you please add arifacts and the game is going very good
AQW Epic  Post #: 568
11/10/2014 11:59:28   
Gorillo Titan

If bill assassin was to get a rank up could it be more of a DOT user its deck is kind of hard to balance out as is.
Post #: 569
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 23 of 23«<1920212223
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition