Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Avatar: "NameChangeComingSoon"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Avatar: "NameChangeComingSoon"
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/4/2014 19:37:33   
bokterier

Could you please explain how he fights? Defense or offense? Or a mixture of both? Because mastery over something means that you have nothing left to learn. So, I'll accept that Ryuu would be addept at either using a fighting style that empathise defense over offense or something like that. It would be too bad if he could just beat the crap out of anyone... :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
7/4/2014 23:08:24   
salene

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but when I said "mirages" I meant apparitions made of flame. And I'm not sure if you've seen this episode, but Malu makes "mirages" out of flame, which is similar to what I wanted Lynn to be able to do. I suppose Mirage wasn't the exactly correct treminology, but it was the first thing that came into my mind when I was writing it. Also, I was only planning to use the dragon as a decoy. Other than that, all it really is is a concentrated flame. Honestly it's pretty similar to just normal firebending, except your shaping your flames. Her whole fighting style basically revolves around using simple magicians tricks as decoys, while adding a little bit of fire to the mix.

As for the martial arts part, how would you suggest I add that in? I could easily do the basic thing and say "She trained in the woods for many years, honing her skills by watching passing guards and street skirmishes" although that honestly seems a little generic. So, any suggestions for how to add that in would be super useful :D

And yeah, I can change that thing about Toph... LOL, brainfart on my behalf :P

Anyway, hope that cleared some stuff up :)

< Message edited by salene -- 7/4/2014 23:11:50 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 52
7/4/2014 23:39:37   
kkutwar

Sound uses air as a medium, so shouldn't it be possible for one to manipulate sound with Airbending?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
7/4/2014 23:49:37   
Heroic Necro

Heat also uses air as a medium. Doesn't mean airbenders can control heat
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 54
7/4/2014 23:57:47   
Rez

@Bokterier: I didn't say master, he is an expert having trained for about 12 years, his earth-bending is slightly lacking as he has mostly fought non-benders. If I had to choose though I would say that he trained in self-defense rather than offense, Ryuu is not one to pick a fight.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 55
7/4/2014 23:58:15   
salene

@kkutwar I was thinking of creating a "sounbender" before as well. You might want to contact Bok to see what he thinks
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
7/4/2014 23:58:56   
kkutwar

Well heat would already be associated with Firebending while sound isn't, which would allow for a sub-bending of Air. Really the GM's call, and technically he has no obligations to be "correct" since this would already be an alternate continuity.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
7/5/2014 0:08:31   
Heroic Necro

Then there's no point in making it an avatar game if you're going to blatantly introduce lore-breaking abilities. It'd be like me making a fallout game and I decided radiation made you a wizard.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 58
7/5/2014 3:52:21   
deathlord45

Forum Name: deathlord45
Name: Reisen
Appearance: 5' 10", almost shoulder length light brown hair, plain brown eyes and a mild tan.
Abilities: Advanced Martial Arts concerning the use of staffs.
Bending: Fire Bending
Starting location: Fire Nation Capital City
History: Son of a common foot solider in the Fire Nation army grew up quite well off and had plenty of friends both from his own nation and a few air nomads. He grew up learning and training how to fight both defensively and offensively with both a weapon and his bending. Using a staff became almost second nature to him. Though he never finished his training, due a fight he had with his father when he expressed no desire to join the army and follow his father's footsteps at the age of 16. After the fight his father threw him out before he left the house his mother gave him a gift that she had been saving for when he finished training, it was a staff specially designed with an internal network of tubes that he could channel fire through. After an long discussion with his air nomad friends and the Elders at the Western Air Temple. He stayed there for three years helping out around the temple and even participating in lessons and making a few new tricks himself. Through the three years he waited for a sign to start to travel has he had originally planned. When news reached the temple of Avatar Kyoshi's death he took it as the sign he had been waiting for and left to start his journey, deciding to start it his home nation.
Personality: Usually tries to stay calm in most situations though can be a hot-headed and brash sometimes and a bit carefree.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
7/5/2014 4:01:46   
Chazero

Can I make a reservation before I make my app? I am going to be a bit busy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
7/5/2014 6:38:17   
bokterier

@Deathlord: Accepted.

@Rez: Okay, thanks for clearing it up. You are now accepted.

@Kkutwar: When it comes to Airbending then it won't have any sub-groups. Sorry.

@Salene: If you just change that, then I'll say you're good to go, but for now, just edit that. :) and about the martial arts, most firebenders start showing their bending at an early age, and start their training when that times comes.

@Chasero: Sure, I'll try.

Bastet: Already made an reservation too, so I think I don't have any spaces left.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
7/5/2014 6:57:56   
Chazero

So can I get squeezed in? I'll do anything.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
7/5/2014 7:11:03   
bokterier

Yes, I'll make a reservation.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
7/5/2014 7:52:46   
Bastet

Here I am.

Forum Name: Bastet

Name: Shisui

Appearance: 5'6", short black hair and almost pale white skin. She always has her father's mask on, covering the front of her face, and a black coat which covers the rest of her body down to her feet. She never parts ways with her gunbai either, carrying it tied to her back.

Abilities: Using her gunbai to create small winds that amplify the effects of her bending, and fighting with it itself.

Bending: Fire Bending

Starting Location: Fire Nation Capital

History: Shisui was the daughter of two nobles of the fire nation. In her youth, she didn't receive much love, even from her parents, who wanted her to pursue perfection in every possible way. As soon as she was of age, she was shipped to the Royal Fire Academy for Girls, and rarely ever made contact with anyone but her superiors and fellow students. She returned home on her own after hearing the news of her father's death due to illness, and was the first to discover that her mother had disappeared. Left without a purpose, she let go of the ties with her parents and took her father's gunbai and swirl-patterned orange mask before quietly returning to the Academy. She stayed there, quietly training over the years in using her father's gunbai as a weapon, which proved difficult at first due to it being taller than her.
She grinned as, one day, a small flame spouted from her hands, awakening her bending abilities. She learned how to use the gunbai-created currents to amplify her flames and decided to continue training, pursuing perfection as her parents wanted her to, dreaming of becoming powerful enough to erase all difference between the nations and creating a completely peaceful world by any means necessary. When she turned 17 she decided the Academy had taught her everything it could, donning her father's mask as she disappeared into the night.

Personality: Shisui never developed any real affection for anybody, appearing cold to anybody she has just met. After her parents' death, she stopped caring completely about finding someone that would feel real affection for her. She values her dream above anything else, and will not hesitate to even kill people if they get in her way, but this doesn't mean she's careless. She prefers avoiding danger if she can find a different way to tackle her problems, and she would ally with people if she admires them as worthy of living in the peaceful world she seeks to create.

P.S.: Thank you very much bokterier, you were very helpful.
Post #: 64
7/5/2014 8:12:49   
bokterier

No problem with it at all. Accepted.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
7/5/2014 9:29:29   
Chazero

Forum Name: Chazero
Name: Kazza
Abilities: Hand-to-hand martial arts
Bending: Waterbending
Starting Location: Northern Water Tribe
History:
Kazza was born as part of the Southern Water Tribe. Kazza wasn't born a bender because his parents weren't benders. To make sure Kazza could survive in the world without bending, a martial artist living in the Southern Water Tribe taught everything he knew to Kazza about the martial arts.

One day while out hunting, Kazza was attacked by a bandit. Kazza has managed to fight off many bandits before but unlike the others, this one was a waterbender. Normally, Kazza would have not stood a chance against this bandit but then when the bandit shot a blast of water towards, Kazza, it was somehow deflected back towards the bandit. It missed. The bandit shot another blast of water but it was deflected again but this time, it barely hit the bandit on the shoulder. The bandit then shot a third blast that was deflected again, this time directly hitting the bandit, knocking him unconscious. Kazza was surprised to what happened to the bandit. He looked around if there were anyone else in the area but it was just him and the ko'ed bandit. Kazza immediately went back to the village. He didn't tell anyone else about what just happened. He then bought a waterbending scroll from a travelling merchant in town.

Later that night, Kazza sneaked out of his home and went to the outskirts of the tribe. Kazza then practiced what was written on the scroll. To his surprise, he managed to do every technique written on the scroll easily. The next day, Kazza showed his parents his newly awakened ability. Kazza's parents soon contacted the Northern Water Tribe about Kazza so that he can train with the masters to further improve his ability. 2 days later, a boat from the Northern Water Tribe came to pick him up.

At the age of 22 after 6 years of dedicated training, Kazza has surpassed some of the most renowned of the Northern Water Tribe in terms of skill in waterbending. He still has much to learn though so now he lives in a house in the Northern Water Tribe.

One night, a high ranking official of the Northern Water Tribe was murdered in his bedroom. The evidence points to Kazza as the murderer. When this happened, Kazza was threatened by the authorities while in the market. Kazza tried to persuade them that he wasn't the murderer but failed to do so. He ran. Now, most of the Northern Water Tribe are looking for Kazza. Kazza knew he didn't commit the crime but, he is determined to find out who framed him and committed the crime. Kazza is currently in hiding and looking for any leads to where the real murderer is.

Personality: Kazza is the reserved type of person. He is usually quiet and keeps to himself but he does care for those he knows he can trust. He's also a tactician, being able to think of a plan to solve a problem with the least incidents.

< Message edited by Chazero -- 7/6/2014 9:01:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
7/5/2014 9:56:52   
bokterier

I like the idea of him being able to see if other people lies or not, but let's keep it logical. If you can do that then you're accepted!
And for how long did he train?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
7/5/2014 10:21:21   
Bastet

Not aiming to be bothersome, but didn't bok explain that a character had to have a reason to set out and begin his journey?
I don't see any explicit ones in Kazza's story.
Post #: 68
7/5/2014 10:37:34   
bokterier

I'll come up with a story. ;)
The ones who gave information will have some kind of "advantage" because they had a reason.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
7/5/2014 11:16:57   
Chazero

@bok
Edited to tell for how long he has trained. It is in the last paragraph of his history. I also replaced his lie detecting abilities with him being able to think of a solution to problem that will have the least incidents. As for the reason why he started the journey, I was thinking that a crime, probably a murder, happened in the Northern Water Tribe and he was falsely accused of doing it. Now he's on the run, looking for who really committed it but I am still putting more thought into it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
7/5/2014 14:02:45   
flashbang

Forum Name: flashbang
Name: Phosen(fo sen)
Abilities:healing and carries water skin
Bending: water
Starting location: North or Southern water tribe
History: his mother left him and his dad when he was five. She said she wanted a son who could waterbend. So he began trying to learn Waterbending just so he could get his mom back. He is a fisherman, but he is a master at using water for defense with some offensive prowess.
Appearance: Garbed in the blue clothing if the Water Tribes, he wears a heavy cloak, with a sleeveless shirt underneath. He wears pants. All of his clothing is blue. His skin being a dark brown(Sakka's skin), he has his brown hair cut short.

< Message edited by flashbang -- 7/5/2014 20:01:12 >

And let's not forget the amazing Dancing Frogzilla
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 71
7/5/2014 16:52:44   
Bastet

Are power-boosting events planned for this game, like comets for firebenders and full moons for waterbenders?
Post #: 72
7/5/2014 18:19:37   
salene

Edited. Hope I'm good to go now :D
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 73
7/5/2014 19:33:07   
Rez

@flash: just to let you know, at this point in time bloodbending has not been invented, it was created by a woman named Hama while the Aang was frozen.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 74
7/5/2014 20:01:30   
flashbang

Edited. Thanks Rez!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Avatar: "NameChangeComingSoon"
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition